about 3DMark2000 help

G

i ran my 32mb Nvida tnt2 model 64 video card through the 3DMark2000 benchmark and got a score of 2161. i was looking for the x/y thing that most people talk about in terms of their video cards ( i guess video card processorspeed/memory speed) does anyone know if that number 2161 is good? and how can i find the x/y thing thanks :)

G

Hi TankDawg. The score you got is better than mine (500 mark with a Pentium 200 @ 225 Mhz MMX and a Voodoo 3 2000 @ 166 Mhz - 3dFX cards run the graphics core and memory at the same speed) ..., but under the average scores. I think a good average is about 3500 marks or so, the max someone has ever got is about 10000 with an overclocked Pentium 4 together with an overclocked GeForce 2 Ultra. Read this carefully. There is a program called PowerStrip which lets you have a look at the x/y speeds. I am going to give you the link to download it, and where to find the speeds.
This is the link:
http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/pstrip.exe
After downloading it, proceed to install it. There will be several hundreds (more or less) of configuration windows, so press ok, next and whatever until you close the windows, and then you will have a new icon in your taskbar. Now I am trying to translate what the Spanish version says into English. Right click the icon, go to the advanced options tab, then select the option which is called something similar to acceleration, I remind you I am translating, anyway the icon is like an speedometer, click it and you will now be able to have a look at the graphics core and memory speed. You can also overclock them using separate sliders for the core and memory, you know, overclock a little, run 3dMark for a while to see if it is stable, and so on until you reach the maximum stable speed.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Use the 3D Mark 2000, online, results browser. Make sure you compare your results with other users using the same CPU, approximate clock speed, and video card chipset.

G

the Default clock/memory speed of TNT2-M64 is 125/150Mhz

take a look with <A HREF="http://www.maximumhardware.com/gamer_m64.html" target="_new"><font color=orange>this</font color=orange></A> for more info on that.

<font color=orange>What do you think? :wink: </font color=orange>