DOS Program

I just switched to XP from 98SE.

I have an old DOS Program I need to run infrequently.
I tried to run it under "CMD" but it wouldn't execute.

I got the following error:
"Clipper is not recognized as in internal or external command, operable
program or batch file."

I assume that it can't find the Clipper.exe file???
What do I need to do to be able to run it?

Thanks.

Either type the whole path to Clipper.exe, locate Clipper.exe in
%windir%\system32 folder or add the folder that Clipper.exe is in to the
Path.

Maybe all you have to do is type Clipper.exe instead of Clipper.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23ZjypZPgFHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Doug Mc <DNMcNNOSPAM@ComCast.Net> hunted and pecked:
> I just switched to XP from 98SE.
>
> I have an old DOS Program I need to run infrequently.
> I tried to run it under "CMD" but it wouldn't execute.
>
> I got the following error:
> "Clipper is not recognized as in internal or external command, operable
> program or batch file."
>
> I assume that it can't find the Clipper.exe file???
> What do I need to do to be able to run it?
>
> Thanks.

I put it in the Windows folder and it worked fine.
Thanks for the solution
Doug

"Doug Mc" <DNMcNNOSPAM@ComCast.Net> wrote:

>I just switched to XP from 98SE.
>
>I have an old DOS Program I need to run infrequently.
>I tried to run it under "CMD" but it wouldn't execute.
>
>I got the following error:
>"Clipper is not recognized as in internal or external command, operable
>program or batch file."
>
>I assume that it can't find the Clipper.exe file???
>What do I need to do to be able to run it?
>
>Thanks.

The DOS app obviously needs Clipper installed (Clipper = old dBaseII
clone?)

You need to duplicate the old DOS setup with respect to the supporting
files and their locations.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Doug,

Glad you got it worked out. Keep having fun. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User