The things I'm finding are outrageous.....

had a Wells-Gardner something monitor acting a little funny. I figured it
might need a few caps, so I take the chassis out to have a closer look. I
turn the board upside down, and there is an enormous 1.5 inch hole through
the center of the board. I couldn't see it through the top, because there
was an intricate web of solder holding components in place...........

lucky I had a spare chassis laying around.

you know you have to take us a pic of that one