Obtaining and sending previous error report

scooter

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001

I would like to know if it's possible to send an error report to Micrsoft
after the error message/report has been displayed. Unfortunatly my modem was
not switched on at the critical time required to send the error. As this was
a rather critical message, I would like to know if this is possible and how
to do. Any Help would be really appreciated with this matter

--
Sccoter

Hi

Have a look in the Event Viewer. A reference to the critical error message
should be recorded in there.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Scooter" <Scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know if it's possible to send an error report to Micrsoft
> after the error message/report has been displayed. Unfortunatly my modem
> was
> not switched on at the critical time required to send the error. As this
> was
> a rather critical message, I would like to know if this is possible and
> how
> to do. Any Help would be really appreciated with this matter
>

> --
> Sccoter

scooter

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001

My second question was in relation to this reply: To whom and where do I
send this information and in what format can I send it. Obviously the error
report does this automatically and promtly. Or can I just post here?

--
Sccoter

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Have a look in the Event Viewer. A reference to the critical error message
> should be recorded in there.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Scooter" <Scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to know if it's possible to send an error report to Micrsoft
> > after the error message/report has been displayed. Unfortunatly my modem
> > was
> > not switched on at the critical time required to send the error. As this
> > was
> > a rather critical message, I would like to know if this is possible and
> > how
> > to do. Any Help would be really appreciated with this matter
> >

> > --
> > Sccoter

Hi

Click on the Error, then on the link. You 'should' get an option asking
'Event Viewer will send the following information across the Inernet. Is
this OK?'.

--

> My second question was in relation to this reply: To whom and where do I
> send this information and in what format can I send it. Obviously the
> error
> report does this automatically and promtly. Or can I just post here?
>

> --
> Sccoter
>

> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Have a look in the Event Viewer. A reference to the critical error
>> message
>> should be recorded in there.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Scooter" <Scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I would like to know if it's possible to send an error report to
>> >Micrsoft
>> > after the error message/report has been displayed. Unfortunatly my
>> > modem
>> > was
>> > not switched on at the critical time required to send the error. As
>> > this
>> > was
>> > a rather critical message, I would like to know if this is possible and
>> > how
>> > to do. Any Help would be really appreciated with this matter
>> >

>> > --
>> > Sccoter

scooter

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2001

Thanks for that !! I impressed by your responses and response times. And
Grateful for your assistence
--
Sccoter

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Click on the Error, then on the link. You 'should' get an option asking
> 'Event Viewer will send the following information across the Inernet. Is
> this OK?'.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Scooter" <Scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > My second question was in relation to this reply: To whom and where do I
> > send this information and in what format can I send it. Obviously the
> > error
> > report does this automatically and promtly. Or can I just post here?
> >

> > --
> > Sccoter
> >

> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Have a look in the Event Viewer. A reference to the critical error
> >> message
> >> should be recorded in there.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "Scooter" <Scooter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

If there is an error code as well, that can be checked on the Microsoft web
site for a possible solution.