Radeon All In Wonder

G

I'm planning on build another system for home use. Right now I'm looking at the AbitKT7-RAID with at least a 1G Thunderbird. I have been looking at the ATI Radeon All in Wonder--esp. interested in the video functions and the TV Tuner-- using the system as a digital video recorder. I'm not a gamer. Problem is I've been reading some less that nice things about installing the card and getting the TV functions to work. Anyone have any experience with this combo?

G

Planning on using win98se--does this still creat the same problems??

breed33

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My experience was that VIA/win98SE/ATI worked 95% of the time. It was almost perfect except that while watching a DVD movie I could not resize the window without it locking up. I would just start it at the resolution I wanted and watch the movie. Other than that it was fine.

I had very bad luck in windows 2K with the card. I returned my athlon hardware for intel and now it works great in all OS's. I imagine the problem is with the VIA drivers and the ATI drivers. ATI support did not hint that there were any discrepancies though.

Good Luck.

G

I take it that you had no problems with the tv tuner portion of the card--esp. using it as digital video recorder--this seems to be a problem in a lot of posts I have read.
Thanks