....for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
(from: Road To Ruin, 1978.)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:38:14 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> schreibt:

>Miljenko wrote:
>
>> ...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
>> disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...
>
>And bloody Zlatan just scored a stunner for Sweden which means we'll
>have to beat them to win our group.

Scotland win. England lose. Life is peachy.

"Græme" <shark@pool.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:38:14 +0200, Miljenko
> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> schreibt:
>
>>Miljenko wrote:
>>
>>> ...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
>>> disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...
>>
>>And bloody Zlatan just scored a stunner for Sweden which means we'll
>>have to beat them to win our group.
>
> Scotland win. England lose. Life is peachy.

Times like this, I'm glad I'm half Irish. Except, I'm excited and disgusted
at the same time, it's like a bad Acid trip.

--
Fil

Miljenko wrote:
> ...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...

It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of
yourselves.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

Stephen Weir wrote:

> It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of
> yourselves.

We're just making the finish more interesting. ;-)

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Sufjan Stevens - Come on! Feel the Illinoise!
(from: Illinois, 2005.)

Miljenko wrote:
>> It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of yourselves.
>>
> We're just making the finish more interesting. ;-)

Nobody can make the Finnish more interesting.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

Stephen Weir wrote:

> >> It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of yourselves.

> > We're just making the finish more interesting. ;-)

> Nobody can make the Finnish more interesting.

We actually made the Swedish more interesting.

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Mance - Javorova grana
(from: ovjek iz Katange, 2000.)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:36:00 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
>disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...

Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
winning goal on the 92 minute..

-Nick

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:43:11 +0100, Stephen Weir
<sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>Miljenko wrote:
>> ...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...
>
>It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of
>yourselves.

Now that N.Ireland started scoring who can stop them ? :)

-Nick

Well, that's that cleared up! I can sleep easier now ;-)

Nick the Greek wrote:

> >...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
> >disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...

> Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
> winning goal on the 92 minute..

At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: The Go! Team - Friendship Update
(from: Thunder, Lightning, Strike, 2004.)

Nick the Greek wrote:
> Now that N.Ireland started scoring who can stop them ? :)

No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell
you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World Ranking.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:21:55 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>Nick the Greek wrote:
>
>> >...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
>> >disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...
>
>> Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
>> winning goal on the 92 minute..
>
>At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?

Right.

-Nick

Nick the Greek wrote:

> >> Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
> >> winning goal on the 92 minute..

> >At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?

> Right.

Well... Good luck with that. ;-)

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: The Go! Team - Get It Together
(from: Thunder, Lightning, Strike, 2004.)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:27:44 +0100, Stephen Weir
<sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>Nick the Greek wrote:
>> Now that N.Ireland started scoring who can stop them ? :)
>
>No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell
>you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World Ranking.

Minimally.

-Nick

Nick the Greek wrote:
>> No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World Ranking.
>>
> Minimally.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to crush my hopes and dreams.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

Nah, remember the world rankings are sort of like the league, you score
points for a win, you don't score more points for a win if the teams above
you in the rankings, you just score the ammount of points set asside for a
win.

--
Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/

"Pete "Old boy" Heslop" <shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Nah, remember the world rankings are sort of like the league, you score
> points for a win, you don't score more points for a win if the teams above
> you in the rankings, you just score the ammount of points set asside for a
> win.

As usual you are wrong ;-)

From the FIFA site:

The ranking list is produced by a computer program which assigns a team
points for every match, according to clearly defined criteria. The factors
taken into consideration are:

1.. Winning, drawing and losing
2.. Number of goals
3.. Home or away match
4.. Importance of the match (multiplication factor)
5.. Regional strength (multiplication factor)
For each team only the seven best results per year are given full weighting.
Results from the past are given progressively less weighting year by year
until after eight years they are dropped completely. In this way current
success is rated more highly than past results.

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/procedures/0,2540,3,00.html

Hamish. Enjoying my hol's and hijacking my parents PC :)

Hamish wrote:
> As usual you are wrong ;-)

Well he was sort of right. It doesn't matter that we beat England to the
FIFA computer, just that we won. In fact, we'll probably get more points
for beating Azerbaijan, because it was 2-0.

> Hamish. Enjoying my hol's and hijacking my parents PC :)

Just couldn't stay away, could you?

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
ICQ # 11472386

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:22:57 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>> >At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?
>
>> Right.
>
>Well... Good luck with that. ;-)

Luck has nothing to do with it. If we play like we did yesterday we're
gonna lose big.

-Nick

"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:22:57 +0200, Miljenko
> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>>> Right.
>>
>>Well... Good luck with that. ;-)
>
> Luck has nothing to do with it. If we play like we did yesterday we're
> gonna lose big.
>
> -Nick

Weren't they down to 9 men? So yeah I can understand.

--
Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:12:58 +0100, Stephen Weir
<sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>Nick the Greek wrote:
>>> No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World Ranking.
>>>
>> Minimally.
>
>If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to crush my hopes and dreams.

No, I just think that beating a high-ranked opponent doesn't lift you
off dramatically.

-Nick

Nick the Greek wrote:
>> If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to crush my hopes and dreams.
>>
> No, I just think that beating a high-ranked opponent doesn't lift you off dramatically.

OK Mister, you've left me no other option.

FORZA DENMARK!!!!!

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm