Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Wow...

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 2:36:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

....for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
(from: Road To Ruin, 1978.)

More about : wow

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 2:36:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:38:14 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> schreibt:

>Miljenko wrote:
>
>> ...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
>> disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...
>
>And bloody Zlatan just scored a stunner for Sweden which means we'll
>have to beat them to win our group.

Scotland win. England lose. Life is peachy.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 2:36:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

"Græme" <shark@pool.com> wrote in message
news:vlkuh159a74ql9q9as5eieopebjm6l53co@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:38:14 +0200, Miljenko
> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> schreibt:
>
>>Miljenko wrote:
>>
>>> ...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
>>> disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...
>>
>>And bloody Zlatan just scored a stunner for Sweden which means we'll
>>have to beat them to win our group.
>
> Scotland win. England lose. Life is peachy.

Times like this, I'm glad I'm half Irish. Except, I'm excited and disgusted
at the same time, it's like a bad Acid trip.

--
Fil
Related resources
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 2:43:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Miljenko wrote:
> ...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...

It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of
yourselves.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 5:26:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Stephen Weir wrote:

> It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of
> yourselves.

We're just making the finish more interesting. ;-)

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Sufjan Stevens - Come on! Feel the Illinoise!
(from: Illinois, 2005.)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 5:26:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Miljenko wrote:
>> It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of yourselves.
>>
> We're just making the finish more interesting. ;-)

Nobody can make the Finnish more interesting.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 7:01:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Stephen Weir wrote:

> >> It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of yourselves.

> > We're just making the finish more interesting. ;-)

> Nobody can make the Finnish more interesting.

We actually made the Swedish more interesting.

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Mance - Javorova grana
(from: ovjek iz Katange, 2000.)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 1:09:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:36:00 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
>disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...

Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
winning goal on the 92 minute..

-Nick
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 1:11:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:43:11 +0100, Stephen Weir
<sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>Miljenko wrote:
>> ...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...
>
>It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of
>yourselves.

Now that N.Ireland started scoring who can stop them ? :-)

-Nick
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 3:45:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Well, that's that cleared up! I can sleep easier now ;-)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 4:21:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Nick the Greek wrote:

> >...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
> >disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...

> Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
> winning goal on the 92 minute..

At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: The Go! Team - Friendship Update
(from: Thunder, Lightning, Strike, 2004.)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 4:27:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Nick the Greek wrote:
> Now that N.Ireland started scoring who can stop them ? :-)

No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell
you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World Ranking.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 7:20:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:21:55 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>Nick the Greek wrote:
>
>> >...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
>> >disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...
>
>> Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
>> winning goal on the 92 minute..
>
>At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?

Right.

-Nick
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 7:20:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Nick the Greek wrote:

> >> Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
> >> winning goal on the 92 minute..

> >At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?

> Right.

Well... Good luck with that. ;-)

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: The Go! Team - Get It Together
(from: Thunder, Lightning, Strike, 2004.)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 7:20:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:27:44 +0100, Stephen Weir
<sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>Nick the Greek wrote:
>> Now that N.Ireland started scoring who can stop them ? :-)
>
>No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell
>you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World Ranking.

Minimally.

-Nick
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 7:20:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Nick the Greek wrote:
>> No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World Ranking.
>>
> Minimally.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to crush my hopes and dreams.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 9:40:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Nah, remember the world rankings are sort of like the league, you score
points for a win, you don't score more points for a win if the teams above
you in the rankings, you just score the ammount of points set asside for a
win.

--
Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/
"Stephen Weir" <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote in message
news:432038d7$0$17472$ed2e19e4@ptn-nntp-reader04.plus.net...
> Nick the Greek wrote:
>>> No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell
>>> you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World
>>> Ranking.
>>>
>> Minimally.
>
> If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to crush my hopes and
> dreams.
>
> --
> Stephen Weir
>
> List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
> Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
> Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
> ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 8, 2005 11:15:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

"Pete "Old boy" Heslop" <shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:vI_Te.104932$G8.8962@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Nah, remember the world rankings are sort of like the league, you score
> points for a win, you don't score more points for a win if the teams above
> you in the rankings, you just score the ammount of points set asside for a
> win.
>

As usual you are wrong ;-)

From the FIFA site:

The ranking list is produced by a computer program which assigns a team
points for every match, according to clearly defined criteria. The factors
taken into consideration are:

1.. Winning, drawing and losing
2.. Number of goals
3.. Home or away match
4.. Importance of the match (multiplication factor)
5.. Regional strength (multiplication factor)
For each team only the seven best results per year are given full weighting.
Results from the past are given progressively less weighting year by year
until after eight years they are dropped completely. In this way current
success is rated more highly than past results.

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/procedures/...



Hamish. Enjoying my hol's and hijacking my parents PC :-)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 2:22:03 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Hamish wrote:
> As usual you are wrong ;-)

Well he was sort of right. It doesn't matter that we beat England to the
FIFA computer, just that we won. In fact, we'll probably get more points
for beating Azerbaijan, because it was 2-0.

> Hamish. Enjoying my hol's and hijacking my parents PC :-)

Just couldn't stay away, could you?

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 2:22:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

richard.rmills@gmail.com wrote:
> Well, that's that cleared up! I can sleep easier now ;-)

A few more England matches under Sven, and you'll be in a coma.

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 2:23:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:22:57 +0200, Miljenko
<milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

>Nick the Greek wrote:
>
>> >> Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
>> >> winning goal on the 92 minute..
>
>> >At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?
>
>> Right.
>
>Well... Good luck with that. ;-)

Luck has nothing to do with it. If we play like we did yesterday we're
gonna lose big.

-Nick
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 2:23:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
news:cs31i15vj39jqb7thtpmgbavkdvuljrndm@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:22:57 +0200, Miljenko
> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:
>
>>Nick the Greek wrote:
>>
>>> >> Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
>>> >> winning goal on the 92 minute..
>>
>>> >At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?
>>
>>> Right.
>>
>>Well... Good luck with that. ;-)
>
> Luck has nothing to do with it. If we play like we did yesterday we're
> gonna lose big.
>
> -Nick

Weren't they down to 9 men? So yeah I can understand.

--
Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 2:24:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:12:58 +0100, Stephen Weir
<sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>Nick the Greek wrote:
>>> No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World Ranking.
>>>
>> Minimally.
>
>If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to crush my hopes and dreams.

No, I just think that beating a high-ranked opponent doesn't lift you
off dramatically.

-Nick
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 2:24:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Nick the Greek wrote:
>> If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to crush my hopes and dreams.
>>
> No, I just think that beating a high-ranked opponent doesn't lift you off dramatically.

OK Mister, you've left me no other option.

FORZA DENMARK!!!!!

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 2:42:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Pete "Old boy" Heslop wrote:
> Nah, remember the world rankings are sort of like the league, you
> score points for a win, you don't score more points for a win if the
> teams above you in the rankings, you just score the ammount of points
> set asside for a win.
>

Or maybe not:

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/procedures/...

Point 3.1
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 2:42:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

"Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D fqb7f$7l6$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Pete "Old boy" Heslop wrote:
>> Nah, remember the world rankings are sort of like the league, you
>> score points for a win, you don't score more points for a win if the
>> teams above you in the rankings, you just score the ammount of points
>> set asside for a win.
>>
>
> Or maybe not:
>
> http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/procedures/...
>
> Point 3.1
>

Sometimes I wish you would read what people write AFTER a post you intend to
reply to, before replying to that post. Someone else already said that....

A good 3 and a half hours before you to.

--
Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 3:10:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Hamish wrote:

> Hamish. Enjoying my hol's and hijacking my parents PC :-)

Please, for the love of God, don't fill it up with pr0n. ;-)

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Bloc Party - Banquet (Phones Disco Edit)
(from: Silent Alarm Remixed, 2005.)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 3:10:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Nick the Greek wrote:

> >Well... Good luck with that. ;-)

> Luck has nothing to do with it. If we play like we did yesterday we're
> gonna lose big.

That was what I said. Only more subtle. ;-)

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Bloc Party - Banquet (Phones Disco Edit)
(from: Silent Alarm Remixed, 2005.)
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 12:26:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:01:09 GMT, "Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop"
<shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
>news:cs31i15vj39jqb7thtpmgbavkdvuljrndm@4ax.com...
>> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:22:57 +0200, Miljenko
>> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:
>>
>>>Nick the Greek wrote:
>>>
>>>> >> Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
>>>> >> winning goal on the 92 minute..
>>>
>>>> >At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?
>>>
>>>> Right.
>>>
>>>Well... Good luck with that. ;-)
>>
>> Luck has nothing to do with it. If we play like we did yesterday we're
>> gonna lose big.
>>
>> -Nick
>
>Weren't they down to 9 men? So yeah I can understand.

Kazakhstan ? They had 10 men in the the last 5 minutes.

-Nick
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 12:27:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:17:00 +0100, Stephen Weir
<sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

>Nick the Greek wrote:
>>> If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to crush my hopes and dreams.
>>>
>> No, I just think that beating a high-ranked opponent doesn't lift you off dramatically.
>
>OK Mister, you've left me no other option.
>
>FORZA DENMARK!!!!!

You shouting that like a italian rolligan has nothing to do with the
outcome of the game :-P

-Nick
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 2:27:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Pete "Old boy" Heslop wrote:
> "Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D fqb7f$7l6$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
>> Pete "Old boy" Heslop wrote:
>>> Nah, remember the world rankings are sort of like the league, you
>>> score points for a win, you don't score more points for a win if the
>>> teams above you in the rankings, you just score the ammount of
>>> points set asside for a win.
>>>
>>
>> Or maybe not:
>>
>> http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/procedures/...
>>
>> Point 3.1
>>
>
> Sometimes I wish you would read what people write AFTER a post you
> intend to reply to, before replying to that post. Someone else
> already said that....
> A good 3 and a half hours before you to.

Except they didn't mention 3.1 - which clearly shows you to be wrong.
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 5:49:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
news:p 672i196q0r80snguollb3qvn8bd6grm0o@4ax.com...
>
>
> Kazakhstan ? They had 10 men in the the last 5 minutes.
>
> -Nick

hmmmmmm i saw 2 red lines? did they miss a penalty then?

--
Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 8:27:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Nick the Greek wrote:
>> FORZA DENMARK!!!!!
>>
> You shouting that like a italian rolligan has nothing to do with the outcome of the game :-P

You doubt my psychic powers?

FORZA DENMARK!!!!!

--
Stephen Weir

List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
Midgard UK PBM - http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/midgard_uk_pbm/
Current eBay Auctions - http://makeashorterlink.com/?F1F521555
ICQ # 11472386
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 9:37:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:49:18 GMT, "Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop"
<shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
>news:p 672i196q0r80snguollb3qvn8bd6grm0o@4ax.com...
>>
>>
>> Kazakhstan ? They had 10 men in the the last 5 minutes.
>>
>> -Nick
>
>hmmmmmm i saw 2 red lines? did they miss a penalty then?

nope :-)
What red lines did you see ?

-Nick
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 9:37:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
news:9g73i1pcek27hiv0826o5b5pablti1d5a2@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:49:18 GMT, "Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop"
> <shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
>>news:p 672i196q0r80snguollb3qvn8bd6grm0o@4ax.com...
>>>
>>>
>>> Kazakhstan ? They had 10 men in the the last 5 minutes.
>>>
>>> -Nick
>>
>>hmmmmmm i saw 2 red lines? did they miss a penalty then?
>
> nope :-)
> What red lines did you see ?
>
> -Nick

Musta been a mistake then.

Oh on English Television we have "Text" and i was watching the update of
your game and 2 red texts were under Kazakhstan (which usually means 2 red
cards or 1 missed pen and a red) I then saw
Giaanananananananananakoppopopopoplis score, and then the 92nd minute
too.......


HMMMMMMMMMMM Match report.

ALMATY, Sept 7 (Reuters) - European champions Greece needed an injury-time
goal from substitute Nikos Liberopoulos to beat bottom team Kazakhstan 2-1
in their World Cup European zone Group Two qualifier on Wednesday.



The Greek side, locked in a tight race for second place with Denmark and
Turkey in the group, lacked inspiration in the first half and were lucky not
to go behind as the Kazakhs missed several chances.



Kazakhstan's goal early in the second half from Nurbol Zhumaskaliyev stunned
the visitors into action.



Greece equalised with a Stelios Giannakopoulos header in the 78th minute but
had to wait until the third minute of injury time when Liberopoulos struck
to ensure they claimed all three points and kept their playoff chances
alive.



The Central Asian side played the dying minutes with just nine men after
Andrey Karpovich and Denis Rodionov were shown red cards for fouls and
arguing with the referee.



Ukraine secured first place in the group on Saturday for a place in the 2006
finals in Germany.

-----

THEY SO WERE down to 9 men, naughty NICK ;)  I was right lol.

I think Rodionov was sent off either AFTER lipo's goal or just before it
i.e. 90th....

--
Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 9:37:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

Pete "Old boy" Heslop wrote:
> "Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
> news:9g73i1pcek27hiv0826o5b5pablti1d5a2@4ax.com...
>
>>On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:49:18 GMT, "Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop"
>><shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
>>>news:p 672i196q0r80snguollb3qvn8bd6grm0o@4ax.com...
>>>
>>>>
>>>>Kazakhstan ? They had 10 men in the the last 5 minutes.
>>>>
>>>>-Nick
>>>
>>>hmmmmmm i saw 2 red lines? did they miss a penalty then?
>>
>>nope :-)
>>What red lines did you see ?
>>
>>-Nick
>
>
> Musta been a mistake then.
>
> Oh on English Television we have "Text" and i was watching the update of
> your game and 2 red texts were under Kazakhstan (which usually means 2 red
> cards or 1 missed pen and a red) I then saw
> Giaanananananananananakoppopopopoplis score, and then the 92nd minute
> too.......
>
>
> HMMMMMMMMMMM Match report.
>
> ALMATY, Sept 7 (Reuters) - European champions Greece needed an injury-time
> goal from substitute Nikos Liberopoulos to beat bottom team Kazakhstan 2-1
> in their World Cup European zone Group Two qualifier on Wednesday.
>
>
>
> The Greek side, locked in a tight race for second place with Denmark and
> Turkey in the group, lacked inspiration in the first half and were lucky not
> to go behind as the Kazakhs missed several chances.
>
>
>
> Kazakhstan's goal early in the second half from Nurbol Zhumaskaliyev stunned
> the visitors into action.
>
>
>
> Greece equalised with a Stelios Giannakopoulos header in the 78th minute but
> had to wait until the third minute of injury time when Liberopoulos struck
> to ensure they claimed all three points and kept their playoff chances
> alive.
>
>
>
> The Central Asian side played the dying minutes with just nine men after
> Andrey Karpovich and Denis Rodionov were shown red cards for fouls and
> arguing with the referee.
>
>
>
> Ukraine secured first place in the group on Saturday for a place in the 2006
> finals in Germany.
>
> -----
>
> THEY SO WERE down to 9 men, naughty NICK ;)  I was right lol.
>
> I think Rodionov was sent off either AFTER lipo's goal or just before it
> i.e. 90th....
>
They had to red cards..
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 9, 2005 9:37:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

"Mikael Schøler" <mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message
news:4321a82e$0$18649$14726298@news.sunsite.dk...
>
>>
> They had two red cards..

Yep, Kazakhstan ended the game with 9 men, and ONLY lost in the last minute
;) 

--
Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
September 10, 2005 12:00:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.champ-man (More info?)

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:45:40 GMT, "Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop"
<shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote:

>
>THEY SO WERE down to 9 men, naughty NICK ;)  I was right lol.
>
>I think Rodionov was sent off either AFTER lipo's goal or just before it
>i.e. 90th....

It must have been after our second goal because I seriously didn't
even notice it.... :-)

-Nick
!