Wow...

....for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
(from: Road To Ruin, 1978.)
37 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:38:14 +0200, Miljenko
    <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> schreibt:

    >Miljenko wrote:
    >
    >> ...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
    >> disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...
    >
    >And bloody Zlatan just scored a stunner for Sweden which means we'll
    >have to beat them to win our group.

    Scotland win. England lose. Life is peachy.

    "Græme" <shark@pool.com> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:38:14 +0200, Miljenko
    > <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> schreibt:
    >
    >>Miljenko wrote:
    >>
    >>> ...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
    >>> disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...
    >>
    >>And bloody Zlatan just scored a stunner for Sweden which means we'll
    >>have to beat them to win our group.
    >
    > Scotland win. England lose. Life is peachy.

    Times like this, I'm glad I'm half Irish. Except, I'm excited and disgusted
    at the same time, it's like a bad Acid trip.

    --
    Fil

    Miljenko wrote:
    > ...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...

    It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of
    yourselves.

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    Stephen Weir wrote:

    > It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of
    > yourselves.

    We're just making the finish more interesting. ;-)

    --
    Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

    np: Sufjan Stevens - Come on! Feel the Illinoise!
    (from: Illinois, 2005.)

    Miljenko wrote:
    >> It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of yourselves.
    >>
    > We're just making the finish more interesting. ;-)

    Nobody can make the Finnish more interesting.

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    Stephen Weir wrote:

    > >> It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of yourselves.

    > > We're just making the finish more interesting. ;-)

    > Nobody can make the Finnish more interesting.

    We actually made the Swedish more interesting.

    --
    Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

    np: Mance - Javorova grana
    (from: ovjek iz Katange, 2000.)

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:36:00 +0200, Miljenko
    <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

    >...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
    >disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...

    Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
    winning goal on the 92 minute..

    -Nick

    On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:43:11 +0100, Stephen Weir
    <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

    >Miljenko wrote:
    >> ...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...
    >
    >It was a disgrace when we drew with Malta.....you should be ashamed of
    >yourselves.

    Now that N.Ireland started scoring who can stop them ? :-)

    -Nick

    Well, that's that cleared up! I can sleep easier now ;-)

    Nick the Greek wrote:

    > >...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
    > >disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...

    > Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
    > winning goal on the 92 minute..

    At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?

    --
    Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

    np: The Go! Team - Friendship Update
    (from: Thunder, Lightning, Strike, 2004.)

    Nick the Greek wrote:
    > Now that N.Ireland started scoring who can stop them ? :-)

    No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell
    you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World Ranking.

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:21:55 +0200, Miljenko
    <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

    >Nick the Greek wrote:
    >
    >> >...for a moment I thought us drawing with Malta would be the biggest
    >> >disgrace of the day... then Northern Ireland scored...
    >
    >> Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
    >> winning goal on the 92 minute..
    >
    >At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?

    Right.

    -Nick

    Nick the Greek wrote:

    > >> Well, we almost lost to Kazakhstan, I sure was relieved to watch the
    > >> winning goal on the 92 minute..

    > >At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?

    > Right.

    Well... Good luck with that. ;-)

    --
    Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

    np: The Go! Team - Get It Together
    (from: Thunder, Lightning, Strike, 2004.)

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:27:44 +0100, Stephen Weir
    <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

    >Nick the Greek wrote:
    >> Now that N.Ireland started scoring who can stop them ? :-)
    >
    >No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell
    >you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World Ranking.

    Minimally.

    -Nick

    Nick the Greek wrote:
    >> No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World Ranking.
    >>
    > Minimally.

    If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to crush my hopes and dreams.

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    Nah, remember the world rankings are sort of like the league, you score
    points for a win, you don't score more points for a win if the teams above
    you in the rankings, you just score the ammount of points set asside for a
    win.

    --
    Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

    Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

    My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
    http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/

    "Pete "Old boy" Heslop" <shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Nah, remember the world rankings are sort of like the league, you score
    > points for a win, you don't score more points for a win if the teams above
    > you in the rankings, you just score the ammount of points set asside for a
    > win.

    As usual you are wrong ;-)

    From the FIFA site:

    The ranking list is produced by a computer program which assigns a team
    points for every match, according to clearly defined criteria. The factors
    taken into consideration are:

    1.. Winning, drawing and losing
    2.. Number of goals
    3.. Home or away match
    4.. Importance of the match (multiplication factor)
    5.. Regional strength (multiplication factor)
    For each team only the seven best results per year are given full weighting.
    Results from the past are given progressively less weighting year by year
    until after eight years they are dropped completely. In this way current
    success is rated more highly than past results.

    http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/procedures/0,2540,3,00.html

    Hamish. Enjoying my hol's and hijacking my parents PC :-)

    Hamish wrote:
    > As usual you are wrong ;-)

    Well he was sort of right. It doesn't matter that we beat England to the
    FIFA computer, just that we won. In fact, we'll probably get more points
    for beating Azerbaijan, because it was 2-0.

    > Hamish. Enjoying my hol's and hijacking my parents PC :-)

    Just couldn't stay away, could you?

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    richard.rmills@gmail.com wrote:
    > Well, that's that cleared up! I can sleep easier now ;-)

    A few more England matches under Sven, and you'll be in a coma.

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:22:57 +0200, Miljenko
    <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

    >> >At least you won. Still need to win in Denmark, right?
    >
    >> Right.
    >
    >Well... Good luck with that. ;-)

    Luck has nothing to do with it. If we play like we did yesterday we're
    gonna lose big.

    -Nick

    "Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:22:57 +0200, Miljenko
    > <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

    >>> Right.
    >>
    >>Well... Good luck with that. ;-)
    >
    > Luck has nothing to do with it. If we play like we did yesterday we're
    > gonna lose big.
    >
    > -Nick

    Weren't they down to 9 men? So yeah I can understand.

    --
    Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

    Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

    My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
    http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:12:58 +0100, Stephen Weir
    <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

    >Nick the Greek wrote:
    >>> No-one.....Muwahahahahahahaha.....we're invincible.....INVINCIBLE I tell you. I'll be very interested to see how this result affects our World Ranking.
    >>>
    >> Minimally.
    >
    >If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to crush my hopes and dreams.

    No, I just think that beating a high-ranked opponent doesn't lift you
    off dramatically.

    -Nick

    Nick the Greek wrote:
    >> If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to crush my hopes and dreams.
    >>
    > No, I just think that beating a high-ranked opponent doesn't lift you off dramatically.

    OK Mister, you've left me no other option.

    FORZA DENMARK!!!!!

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    Pete "Old boy" Heslop wrote:
    > Nah, remember the world rankings are sort of like the league, you
    > score points for a win, you don't score more points for a win if the
    > teams above you in the rankings, you just score the ammount of points
    > set asside for a win.

    Or maybe not:

    http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/procedures/0,2540,3,00.html

    Point 3.1

    "Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Pete "Old boy" Heslop wrote:
    >> Nah, remember the world rankings are sort of like the league, you
    >> score points for a win, you don't score more points for a win if the
    >> teams above you in the rankings, you just score the ammount of points
    >> set asside for a win.
    >>

    > Or maybe not:
    >
    > http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/procedures/0,2540,3,00.html
    >
    > Point 3.1

    Sometimes I wish you would read what people write AFTER a post you intend to
    reply to, before replying to that post. Someone else already said that....

    A good 3 and a half hours before you to.

    --

    Hamish wrote:

    > Hamish. Enjoying my hol's and hijacking my parents PC :-)

    Please, for the love of God, don't fill it up with pr0n. ;-)

    --
    Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

    np: Bloc Party - Banquet (Phones Disco Edit)
    (from: Silent Alarm Remixed, 2005.)

    Nick the Greek wrote:

    > >Well... Good luck with that. ;-)

    > Luck has nothing to do with it. If we play like we did yesterday we're
    > gonna lose big.

    That was what I said. Only more subtle. ;-)

    --
    Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

    np: Bloc Party - Banquet (Phones Disco Edit)
    (from: Silent Alarm Remixed, 2005.)

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 21:01:09 GMT, "Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop"
    <shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote:

    >"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 14:22:57 +0200, Miljenko
    >> <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr> wrote:

    >>>Well... Good luck with that. ;-)
    >>
    >> Luck has nothing to do with it. If we play like we did yesterday we're
    >> gonna lose big.
    >>
    >> -Nick
    >
    >Weren't they down to 9 men? So yeah I can understand.

    Kazakhstan ? They had 10 men in the the last 5 minutes.

    -Nick

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:17:00 +0100, Stephen Weir
    <sweir@sweir.free-online.co.uk> wrote:

    >Nick the Greek wrote:
    >>> If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to crush my hopes and dreams.
    >>>
    >> No, I just think that beating a high-ranked opponent doesn't lift you off dramatically.
    >
    >OK Mister, you've left me no other option.
    >
    >FORZA DENMARK!!!!!

    You shouting that like a italian rolligan has nothing to do with the
    outcome of the game :-P

    -Nick

    Pete "Old boy" Heslop wrote:
    > "Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Pete "Old boy" Heslop wrote:
    >>> Nah, remember the world rankings are sort of like the league, you
    >>> score points for a win, you don't score more points for a win if the
    >>> teams above you in the rankings, you just score the ammount of
    >>> points set asside for a win.
    >>>

    >> Or maybe not:
    >>
    >> http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/rank/procedures/0,2540,3,00.html
    >>
    >> Point 3.1
    >>

    > Sometimes I wish you would read what people write AFTER a post you
    > intend to reply to, before replying to that post. Someone else
    > already said that....
    > A good 3 and a half hours before you to.

    Except they didn't mention 3.1 - which clearly shows you to be wrong.

    > Kazakhstan ? They had 10 men in the the last 5 minutes.
    >
    > -Nick

    hmmmmmm i saw 2 red lines? did they miss a penalty then?

    --

    Nick the Greek wrote:
    >> FORZA DENMARK!!!!!
    >>
    > You shouting that like a italian rolligan has nothing to do with the outcome of the game :-P

    You doubt my psychic powers?

    FORZA DENMARK!!!!!

    --
    Stephen Weir

    List of Games for Sale - http://www.glipe.free-online.co.uk/index.htm
    ICQ # 11472386

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:49:18 GMT, "Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop"
    <shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote:

    >"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Kazakhstan ? They had 10 men in the the last 5 minutes.
    >>
    >> -Nick
    >
    >hmmmmmm i saw 2 red lines? did they miss a penalty then?

    nope :-)
    What red lines did you see ?

    > On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:49:18 GMT, "Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop"
    > <shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Kazakhstan ? They had 10 men in the the last 5 minutes.
    >>>
    >>> -Nick
    >>
    >>hmmmmmm i saw 2 red lines? did they miss a penalty then?
    >
    > nope :-)
    > What red lines did you see ?
    >
    > -Nick

    Musta been a mistake then.

    Oh on English Television we have "Text" and i was watching the update of
    your game and 2 red texts were under Kazakhstan (which usually means 2 red
    cards or 1 missed pen and a red) I then saw
    Giaanananananananananakoppopopopoplis score, and then the 92nd minute
    too.......

    HMMMMMMMMMMM Match report.

    ALMATY, Sept 7 (Reuters) - European champions Greece needed an injury-time
    goal from substitute Nikos Liberopoulos to beat bottom team Kazakhstan 2-1
    in their World Cup European zone Group Two qualifier on Wednesday.

    The Greek side, locked in a tight race for second place with Denmark and
    Turkey in the group, lacked inspiration in the first half and were lucky not
    to go behind as the Kazakhs missed several chances.

    Kazakhstan's goal early in the second half from Nurbol Zhumaskaliyev stunned
    the visitors into action.

    Greece equalised with a Stelios Giannakopoulos header in the 78th minute but
    had to wait until the third minute of injury time when Liberopoulos struck
    to ensure they claimed all three points and kept their playoff chances
    alive.

    The Central Asian side played the dying minutes with just nine men after
    Andrey Karpovich and Denis Rodionov were shown red cards for fouls and
    arguing with the referee.

    Ukraine secured first place in the group on Saturday for a place in the 2006
    finals in Germany.

    -----

    THEY SO WERE down to 9 men, naughty NICK ;) I was right lol.

    I think Rodionov was sent off either AFTER lipo's goal or just before it
    i.e. 90th....

    --

    Pete "Old boy" Heslop wrote:
    > "Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 13:49:18 GMT, "Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop"
    >><shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Nick the Greek" <nikko_NOSPAM_@in.gr> wrote in message

    >>>hmmmmmm i saw 2 red lines? did they miss a penalty then?
    >>
    >>nope :-)
    >>What red lines did you see ?
    >>
    >>-Nick
    >

    > Musta been a mistake then.
    >
    > Oh on English Television we have "Text" and i was watching the update of
    > your game and 2 red texts were under Kazakhstan (which usually means 2 red
    > cards or 1 missed pen and a red) I then saw
    > Giaanananananananananakoppopopopoplis score, and then the 92nd minute
    > too.......
    >

    > HMMMMMMMMMMM Match report.
    >
    > ALMATY, Sept 7 (Reuters) - European champions Greece needed an injury-time
    > goal from substitute Nikos Liberopoulos to beat bottom team Kazakhstan 2-1
    > in their World Cup European zone Group Two qualifier on Wednesday.
    >

    > The Greek side, locked in a tight race for second place with Denmark and
    > Turkey in the group, lacked inspiration in the first half and were lucky not
    > to go behind as the Kazakhs missed several chances.
    >

    > Kazakhstan's goal early in the second half from Nurbol Zhumaskaliyev stunned
    > the visitors into action.
    >

    > Greece equalised with a Stelios Giannakopoulos header in the 78th minute but
    > had to wait until the third minute of injury time when Liberopoulos struck
    > to ensure they claimed all three points and kept their playoff chances
    > alive.
    >

    > The Central Asian side played the dying minutes with just nine men after
    > Andrey Karpovich and Denis Rodionov were shown red cards for fouls and
    > arguing with the referee.
    >

    > Ukraine secured first place in the group on Saturday for a place in the 2006
    > finals in Germany.
    >
    > -----
    >
    > THEY SO WERE down to 9 men, naughty NICK ;) I was right lol.
    >
    > I think Rodionov was sent off either AFTER lipo's goal or just before it
    > i.e. 90th....

    They had to red cards..

    "Mikael Schøler" <mik_s@tdcadsl.dk> wrote in message

    > They had two red cards..

    Yep, Kazakhstan ended the game with 9 men, and ONLY lost in the last minute
    ;)

    --
    Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

    Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

    My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
    http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:45:40 GMT, "Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop"
    <shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote:

    >THEY SO WERE down to 9 men, naughty NICK ;) I was right lol.
    >
    >I think Rodionov was sent off either AFTER lipo's goal or just before it
    >i.e. 90th....

    It must have been after our second goal because I seriously didn't
    even notice it.... :-)

    -Nick

World Of Warcraft Games Video Games