Windows XP Fatal error 1603

Well, here goes. I have windows XP home upgraded to XP professional. I am
trying to install Olympus Master photo software for my new digital camera. I
have Norton Untilities turned off. Near the end of the installation to the
C:Drive, I get a 1603 fatal error. When I research the problem thru the
support.microsoft.com website it suggests several options to resolve the
problem: Suggestion one: install to a non-encrypted folder--the folder isn't
encrypted. Suggestion two: install to a drive that is not accessed as a
substitute drive: it isn't a substitute drive. Suggestion three: Grant Full
control permissions to the "System Account". I follow the directions to go to
Drive C properties and change the security authorization and there is no
security tab to change the user or group. Any suggestions?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows fatal error 1603

    Boot to Safe Mode (F8 on restart) and log on as default "Administrator" account to access the Properties that show a Security tab.

    Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP (Q304040): http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q304/0/40.ASP

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "NWC" <NWC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1912A929-18E5-4522-A659-23EFA3AD0101@microsoft.com...
    > Well, here goes. I have windows XP home upgraded to XP professional. I am
    > trying to install Olympus Master photo software for my new digital camera. I
    > have Norton Untilities turned off. Near the end of the installation to the
    > C:Drive, I get a 1603 fatal error. When I research the problem thru the
    > support.microsoft.com website it suggests several options to resolve the
    > problem: Suggestion one: install to a non-encrypted folder--the folder isn't
    > encrypted. Suggestion two: install to a drive that is not accessed as a
    > substitute drive: it isn't a substitute drive. Suggestion three: Grant Full
    > control permissions to the "System Account". I follow the directions to go to
    > Drive C properties and change the security authorization and there is no
    > security tab to change the user or group. Any suggestions?

Windows XP Microsoft