Windows XP Fatal error 1603

Tags:
  • Windows XP
  • Microsoft
July 5, 2005 12:16:07 AM

Well, here goes. I have windows XP home upgraded to XP professional. I am
trying to install Olympus Master photo software for my new digital camera. I
have Norton Untilities turned off. Near the end of the installation to the
C:D rive, I get a 1603 fatal error. When I research the problem thru the
support.microsoft.com website it suggests several options to resolve the
problem: Suggestion one: install to a non-encrypted folder--the folder isn't
encrypted. Suggestion two: install to a drive that is not accessed as a
substitute drive: it isn't a substitute drive. Suggestion three: Grant Full
control permissions to the "System Account". I follow the directions to go to
Drive C properties and change the security authorization and there is no
security tab to change the user or group. Any suggestions?

More about : windows fatal error 1603

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 10:12:22 AM

Boot to Safe Mode (F8 on restart) and log on as default "Administrator" account to access the Properties that show a Security tab.

Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP (Q304040): http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q304/0...

--
Mark L. Ferguson
!