XP WON'T LOAD POSSIBLE HDD PROBLEM

July 5, 2005 1:27:02 AM

HELLO, ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO MY XP JUST STOPPED LOADING, LIKE THE POWER CUT
OFF....I HAVE AN EMACHINES AND PURCHASED THE XP DISK...USED REPAIR, NO LUCK,
REINSTALLED, NO LUCK..WAS ADVISED IT WAS MY HDD, REPLACED THE WESTERN DIGITAL
80G DMA W/ SEAGATE 120G ATA, RELOADED XP...NO LUCK GETS STUCK AND QUITS AT
THE XP SCREEN W/ THE GREEN BAR....I WAS TOLD THE PIN STRIPS MIGHT BE
INCOMPATIBLE THE DMA=40PIN AND THE ATA=80PIN....THE ATA STRIP FIT THE SLOT IN
THE MOTHERBOARD...AT WITS END PLEASE ADVISE...THANKS!!
--
mike42914

More about : load hdd problem

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 11:04:56 AM

mike42914 wrote:
> HELLO, ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO MY XP JUST STOPPED LOADING, LIKE THE POWER
> CUT OFF....I HAVE AN EMACHINES AND PURCHASED THE XP DISK...USED
> REPAIR, NO LUCK, REINSTALLED, NO LUCK..WAS ADVISED IT WAS MY HDD,
> REPLACED THE WESTERN DIGITAL 80G DMA W/ SEAGATE 120G ATA, RELOADED
> XP...NO LUCK GETS STUCK AND QUITS AT THE XP SCREEN W/ THE GREEN
> BAR....I WAS TOLD THE PIN STRIPS MIGHT BE INCOMPATIBLE THE DMA=40PIN
> AND THE ATA=80PIN....THE ATA STRIP FIT THE SLOT IN THE
> MOTHERBOARD...AT WITS END PLEASE ADVISE...THANKS!!

Sorry you rude, insolent, shouting person, you'll receive no assistance from
me - the only place you're going is straight in my kill-file. When you learn
to post in a manner condusive with the proper rules of netiquette then you
might find some assistance.

All caps is considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts
extremely hard to read.

Besides, what has this to do with XP's Help and Support Centre?

How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

How to Act Smart on Usenet

Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...

How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
July 5, 2005 1:22:36 PM

"mike42914" <mike42914@msn.com> wrote in message
> HELLO, ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO MY XP JUST STOPPED LOADING, LIKE THE POWER CUT
> OFF....I HAVE AN EMACHINES AND PURCHASED THE XP DISK...USED REPAIR, NO
> LUCK,
> REINSTALLED, NO LUCK..WAS ADVISED IT WAS MY HDD, REPLACED THE WESTERN
> DIGITAL
> 80G DMA W/ SEAGATE 120G ATA, RELOADED XP...NO LUCK GETS STUCK AND QUITS AT
> THE XP SCREEN W/ THE GREEN BAR....I WAS TOLD THE PIN STRIPS MIGHT BE
> INCOMPATIBLE THE DMA=40PIN AND THE ATA=80PIN....THE ATA STRIP FIT THE SLOT
> IN
> THE MOTHERBOARD...AT WITS END PLEASE ADVISE...THANKS!!
> --
> mike42914

Your signature shows you can switch your capital letters off. Please try
posting that way- capitals are considered shouting and many people will
ignore your posting.
July 5, 2005 1:53:02 PM

I apologize, new to this. I would really like to get help with this, to be
honest did not realize caps was on...again I am truly sorry!!

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:

> mike42914 wrote:
> > HELLO, ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO MY XP JUST STOPPED LOADING, LIKE THE POWER
> > CUT OFF....I HAVE AN EMACHINES AND PURCHASED THE XP DISK...USED
> > REPAIR, NO LUCK, REINSTALLED, NO LUCK..WAS ADVISED IT WAS MY HDD,
> > REPLACED THE WESTERN DIGITAL 80G DMA W/ SEAGATE 120G ATA, RELOADED
> > XP...NO LUCK GETS STUCK AND QUITS AT THE XP SCREEN W/ THE GREEN
> > BAR....I WAS TOLD THE PIN STRIPS MIGHT BE INCOMPATIBLE THE DMA=40PIN
> > AND THE ATA=80PIN....THE ATA STRIP FIT THE SLOT IN THE
> > MOTHERBOARD...AT WITS END PLEASE ADVISE...THANKS!!
>
> Sorry you rude, insolent, shouting person, you'll receive no assistance from
> me - the only place you're going is straight in my kill-file. When you learn
> to post in a manner condusive with the proper rules of netiquette then you
> might find some assistance.
>
> All caps is considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts
> extremely hard to read.
>
> Besides, what has this to do with XP's Help and Support Centre?
>
> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> How to Act Smart on Usenet
>
> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
>
> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 3:24:17 PM

"mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I apologize, new to this. I would really like to get help with this, to be
> honest did not realize caps was on...again I am truly sorry!!

Please ignore Miss Tick. She is incredibly rude and rarely posts any
information that actually helps someone. See my other post in this thread
for help on your problem.

Kerry

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote:
>
>> mike42914 wrote:
>> > HELLO, ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO MY XP JUST STOPPED LOADING, LIKE THE POWER
>> > CUT OFF....I HAVE AN EMACHINES AND PURCHASED THE XP DISK...USED
>> > REPAIR, NO LUCK, REINSTALLED, NO LUCK..WAS ADVISED IT WAS MY HDD,
>> > REPLACED THE WESTERN DIGITAL 80G DMA W/ SEAGATE 120G ATA, RELOADED
>> > XP...NO LUCK GETS STUCK AND QUITS AT THE XP SCREEN W/ THE GREEN
>> > BAR....I WAS TOLD THE PIN STRIPS MIGHT BE INCOMPATIBLE THE DMA=40PIN
>> > AND THE ATA=80PIN....THE ATA STRIP FIT THE SLOT IN THE
>> > MOTHERBOARD...AT WITS END PLEASE ADVISE...THANKS!!
>>
>> Sorry you rude, insolent, shouting person, you'll receive no assistance
>> from
>> me - the only place you're going is straight in my kill-file. When you
>> learn
>> to post in a manner condusive with the proper rules of netiquette then
>> you
>> might find some assistance.
>>
>> All caps is considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts
>> extremely hard to read.
>>
>> Besides, what has this to do with XP's Help and Support Centre?
>>
>> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> How to Act Smart on Usenet
>>
>> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
>>
>> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
>> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 3:27:07 PM

"mike42914" <mike42914@msn.com> wrote in message
> HELLO, ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO MY XP JUST STOPPED LOADING, LIKE THE POWER CUT
> OFF....I HAVE AN EMACHINES AND PURCHASED THE XP DISK...USED REPAIR, NO
> LUCK,
> REINSTALLED, NO LUCK..WAS ADVISED IT WAS MY HDD, REPLACED THE WESTERN
> DIGITAL
> 80G DMA W/ SEAGATE 120G ATA, RELOADED XP...NO LUCK GETS STUCK AND QUITS AT
> THE XP SCREEN W/ THE GREEN BAR....I WAS TOLD THE PIN STRIPS MIGHT BE
> INCOMPATIBLE THE DMA=40PIN AND THE ATA=80PIN....THE ATA STRIP FIT THE SLOT
> IN
> THE MOTHERBOARD...AT WITS END PLEASE ADVISE...THANKS!!
> --
> mike42914

We need more information in order to help you. Can you boot into safe mode?
Are you using the 80 wire or 40 wire cable? What other hardware is installed
in your system? Have you added any new hardware lately other than the new
hard drive? When you reinstalled did you delete and then recreate and format
the partition?

Kerry
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 6:33:02 PM

I apologize for the rudeness. I am kind of new to this.

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I apologize, new to this. I would really like to get help with this, to be
> > honest did not realize caps was on...again I am truly sorry!!
> >

> Please ignore Miss Tick. She is incredibly rude and rarely posts any
> information that actually helps someone. See my other post in this thread
> for help on your problem.
>
> Kerry

> >> Sorry you rude, insolent, shouting person, you'll receive no assistance
> >> from
> >> me - the only place you're going is straight in my kill-file. When you
> >> learn
> >> to post in a manner condusive with the proper rules of netiquette then
> >> you
> >> might find some assistance.
> >>
> >> All caps is considered yelling, is incredibly rude and makes your posts
> >> extremely hard to read.
> >>
> >> Besides, what has this to do with XP's Help and Support Centre?
> >>
> >> How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post
> >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >>
> >> How to Act Smart on Usenet
> >> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
> >>
> >> Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/...
> >>
> >> How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups
> >> http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 6:39:01 PM

Thanks for responding, I am able to boot in safe mode, the only icon on the
screen is the "recycle bin", I am using the 80wire ribbon strip that came
with the hdd (black side/blue side), the only hardware is a mouse, cdrw, dvd
rom, not sure after that, like I said I am a "rookie" :) , no new hardware
added, on the reinstall deleted the partition and created a new one, I hope
this helps a bit. Thanks again for your response, and I apologize for the

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> "mike42914" <mike42914@msn.com> wrote in message
> > HELLO, ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO MY XP JUST STOPPED LOADING, LIKE THE POWER CUT
> > OFF....I HAVE AN EMACHINES AND PURCHASED THE XP DISK...USED REPAIR, NO
> > LUCK,
> > REINSTALLED, NO LUCK..WAS ADVISED IT WAS MY HDD, REPLACED THE WESTERN
> > DIGITAL
> > 80G DMA W/ SEAGATE 120G ATA, RELOADED XP...NO LUCK GETS STUCK AND QUITS AT
> > THE XP SCREEN W/ THE GREEN BAR....I WAS TOLD THE PIN STRIPS MIGHT BE
> > INCOMPATIBLE THE DMA=40PIN AND THE ATA=80PIN....THE ATA STRIP FIT THE SLOT
> > IN
> > THE MOTHERBOARD...AT WITS END PLEASE ADVISE...THANKS!!
> > --
> > mike42914
>
> We need more information in order to help you. Can you boot into safe mode?
> Are you using the 80 wire or 40 wire cable? What other hardware is installed
> in your system? Have you added any new hardware lately other than the new
> hard drive? When you reinstalled did you delete and then recreate and format
> the partition?
>
> Kerry

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 8:43:02 PM

>I apologize for the rudeness. I am kind of new to this.
>
> "Kerry Brown" wrote:

It is rude to post in all caps but she could have been more pleasant about
letting you know this.

Kerry

>> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I apologize, new to this. I would really like to get help with this, to
>> >be
>> > honest did not realize caps was on...again I am truly sorry!!
>> >

>> Please ignore Miss Tick. She is incredibly rude and rarely posts any
>> information that actually helps someone. See my other post in this thread
>> for help on your problem.
>>
>> Kerry

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 8:48:39 PM

> Thanks for responding, I am able to boot in safe mode, the only icon on
> the
> screen is the "recycle bin", I am using the 80wire ribbon strip that came
> with the hdd (black side/blue side), the only hardware is a mouse, cdrw,
> dvd
> rom, not sure after that, like I said I am a "rookie" :) , no new hardware
> added, on the reinstall deleted the partition and created a new one, I
> hope
> this helps a bit. Thanks again for your response, and I apologize for the

When you say it quits what exactly happens? Does it just stay at the same
screen forever or does it reboot? The fact that you can get into safe mode
is good. On a clean install the only thing on the screen should be the
recycle bin. That's normal. In safe mode try running some programs like
wordpad or solitaire. and playing with the system for a while. Does it lock
up or get any errors?

Kerry

> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>

>> "mike42914" <mike42914@msn.com> wrote in message
>> > HELLO, ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO MY XP JUST STOPPED LOADING, LIKE THE POWER CUT
>> > OFF....I HAVE AN EMACHINES AND PURCHASED THE XP DISK...USED REPAIR, NO
>> > LUCK,
>> > REINSTALLED, NO LUCK..WAS ADVISED IT WAS MY HDD, REPLACED THE WESTERN
>> > DIGITAL
>> > 80G DMA W/ SEAGATE 120G ATA, RELOADED XP...NO LUCK GETS STUCK AND QUITS
>> > AT
>> > THE XP SCREEN W/ THE GREEN BAR....I WAS TOLD THE PIN STRIPS MIGHT BE
>> > INCOMPATIBLE THE DMA=40PIN AND THE ATA=80PIN....THE ATA STRIP FIT THE
>> > SLOT
>> > IN
>> > THE MOTHERBOARD...AT WITS END PLEASE ADVISE...THANKS!!
>> > --
>> > mike42914
>>
>> We need more information in order to help you. Can you boot into safe
>> mode?
>> Are you using the 80 wire or 40 wire cable? What other hardware is
>> installed
>> in your system? Have you added any new hardware lately other than the new
>> hard drive? When you reinstalled did you delete and then recreate and
>> format
>> the partition?
>>
>> Kerry

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 9:41:03 PM

The computer shuts off, but the "power" light on the front stays on "amber".
I actually have to unplug the power cable and plug it in again. Windows will
be loading, and after playing with it gets to the screen to "install the hard
drive" and when I click the install button, off it goes. I will try the
wordpad suggestion. Thanks for your time.

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for responding, I am able to boot in safe mode, the only icon on
> > the
> > screen is the "recycle bin", I am using the 80wire ribbon strip that came
> > with the hdd (black side/blue side), the only hardware is a mouse, cdrw,
> > dvd
> > rom, not sure after that, like I said I am a "rookie" :) , no new hardware
> > added, on the reinstall deleted the partition and created a new one, I
> > hope
> > this helps a bit. Thanks again for your response, and I apologize for the
> >

> When you say it quits what exactly happens? Does it just stay at the same
> screen forever or does it reboot? The fact that you can get into safe mode
> is good. On a clean install the only thing on the screen should be the
> recycle bin. That's normal. In safe mode try running some programs like
> wordpad or solitaire. and playing with the system for a while. Does it lock
> up or get any errors?
>
> Kerry
>

> > "Kerry Brown" wrote:
> >

> >> "mike42914" <mike42914@msn.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> We need more information in order to help you. Can you boot into safe
> >> mode?
> >> Are you using the 80 wire or 40 wire cable? What other hardware is
> >> installed
> >> in your system? Have you added any new hardware lately other than the new
> >> hard drive? When you reinstalled did you delete and then recreate and
> >> format
> >> the partition?
> >>
> >> Kerry

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 10:29:04 PM

> The computer shuts off, but the "power" light on the front stays on
> "amber".
> I actually have to unplug the power cable and plug it in again. Windows
> will
> be loading, and after playing with it gets to the screen to "install the
> hard
> drive" and when I click the install button, off it goes. I will try the
> wordpad suggestion. Thanks for your time.

While in safe mode click on Start => Run and type in eventvwr.msc

This will start the event viewer. Look for any errors in especially in
Application or System. Another thing to do is Right Click on My Computer and
pick Properties, Click on the Advanced tab, Click on the Settings button
under Startup and Recovery, then take the tick out of the box beside
Automatically restart. This will cause Windows to give you a BSOD instead of
restarting. Write down the exact error message including all the numbers
when this happens. Post the error back here. This last one may or may not
work. It depends where in the boot process Windows is quitting.

Kerry

> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>

>> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for responding, I am able to boot in safe mode, the only icon on
>> > the
>> > screen is the "recycle bin", I am using the 80wire ribbon strip that
>> > came
>> > with the hdd (black side/blue side), the only hardware is a mouse,
>> > cdrw,
>> > dvd
>> > rom, not sure after that, like I said I am a "rookie" :) , no new
>> > hardware
>> > added, on the reinstall deleted the partition and created a new one, I
>> > hope
>> > this helps a bit. Thanks again for your response, and I apologize for
>> > the
>> >

>> When you say it quits what exactly happens? Does it just stay at the same
>> screen forever or does it reboot? The fact that you can get into safe
>> mode
>> is good. On a clean install the only thing on the screen should be the
>> recycle bin. That's normal. In safe mode try running some programs like
>> wordpad or solitaire. and playing with the system for a while. Does it
>> lock
>> up or get any errors?
>>
>> Kerry

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 1:22:07 AM

Thanks.!

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I apologize for the rudeness. I am kind of new to this.
> >
> > "Kerry Brown" wrote:
> >

> It is rude to post in all caps but she could have been more pleasant about
> letting you know this.
>
> Kerry
>

> >> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >

> >> Please ignore Miss Tick. She is incredibly rude and rarely posts any
> >> information that actually helps someone. See my other post in this thread
> >> for help on your problem.
> >>
> >> Kerry

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 1:27:02 AM

thanks, i am actually reloading xp again to see what happens, i gave you
inaccurate info, the amber light is on the hard drive working indicator and
it stays a constant amber, the power light "green" just shuts off, I will try
your suggestion and will advise the outcome.

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The computer shuts off, but the "power" light on the front stays on
> > "amber".
> > I actually have to unplug the power cable and plug it in again. Windows
> > will
> > be loading, and after playing with it gets to the screen to "install the
> > hard
> > drive" and when I click the install button, off it goes. I will try the
> > wordpad suggestion. Thanks for your time.
> >

> While in safe mode click on Start => Run and type in eventvwr.msc
>
> This will start the event viewer. Look for any errors in especially in
> Application or System. Another thing to do is Right Click on My Computer and
> pick Properties, Click on the Advanced tab, Click on the Settings button
> under Startup and Recovery, then take the tick out of the box beside
> Automatically restart. This will cause Windows to give you a BSOD instead of
> restarting. Write down the exact error message including all the numbers
> when this happens. Post the error back here. This last one may or may not
> work. It depends where in the boot process Windows is quitting.
>
> Kerry
>

> > "Kerry Brown" wrote:
> >

> >> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >

> >> When you say it quits what exactly happens? Does it just stay at the same
> >> screen forever or does it reboot? The fact that you can get into safe
> >> mode
> >> is good. On a clean install the only thing on the screen should be the
> >> recycle bin. That's normal. In safe mode try running some programs like
> >> wordpad or solitaire. and playing with the system for a while. Does it
> >> lock
> >> up or get any errors?
> >>
> >> Kerry

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 1:35:53 AM

> thanks, i am actually reloading xp again to see what happens, i gave you
> inaccurate info, the amber light is on the hard drive working indicator
> and
> it stays a constant amber, the power light "green" just shuts off, I will
> try
> your suggestion and will advise the outcome.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Kerry

> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>

>> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The computer shuts off, but the "power" light on the front stays on
>> > "amber".
>> > I actually have to unplug the power cable and plug it in again.
>> > Windows
>> > will
>> > be loading, and after playing with it gets to the screen to "install
>> > the
>> > hard
>> > drive" and when I click the install button, off it goes. I will try
>> > the
>> > wordpad suggestion. Thanks for your time.
>> >

>> While in safe mode click on Start => Run and type in eventvwr.msc
>>
>> This will start the event viewer. Look for any errors in especially in
>> Application or System. Another thing to do is Right Click on My Computer
>> and
>> pick Properties, Click on the Advanced tab, Click on the Settings button
>> under Startup and Recovery, then take the tick out of the box beside
>> Automatically restart. This will cause Windows to give you a BSOD instead
>> of
>> restarting. Write down the exact error message including all the numbers
>> when this happens. Post the error back here. This last one may or may not
>> work. It depends where in the boot process Windows is quitting.
>>
>> Kerry

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 12:28:02 PM

Hello, Kerry, I reinstalled the original hard drive, since the problem
wasn't solved w/ the new one. I ran the eventvwr.msc as advised with the
following:
APPLICATION:
1. Source: Perf Net Event ID: 2002
"unable to open the redirector service. redirector performance data will
not be returned. error code is returned is in data DWORD 0.
2. same as above, Event ID: 2004
3. Source MsiInstaller, Event ID: 11931
"product: Web Fldrs XP--Error 1931. The Windows Installer service cannot
update the system file
C:\ProgramFile\CommonFiles\MicrosoftShared\WebServerExtentions\40\bin\FP4AUTL.DLL
because the file is protected by Windows. You may need to update your
operating system for the program to work correctly. Package Version
4.0.2.7523, OS Protected version:
--i received this one twice...
SYSTEM:

Source: Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7026
1. The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: AFD,
Fips, intelppm, IPSec, MRxSmb, NetBios, Net BT, RasAcd, Rdbss, Tcpip.
2. same source, Event ID: 7001
The IPSEC Services depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start
because of the following error: "a device attached to the system is not
functioning."
3. same except for TCP/IP Net BIOS depends on the AFD service...
4. Source: DCOM Event ID: 10005
DCOM got error "this service cannot be started in safe mode" attempting to
start the service event system w/ arguments "" in order to run the server
(1BE17F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF)
5. same as above except...to start the service netman w/ arguments....server
(BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC-1270E).

Sorry if you spent a lot of time on the previous hard drive, i really do
appreciate your help. Thanks again.

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks, i am actually reloading xp again to see what happens, i gave you
> > inaccurate info, the amber light is on the hard drive working indicator
> > and
> > it stays a constant amber, the power light "green" just shuts off, I will
> > try
> > your suggestion and will advise the outcome.
> >

> Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
>
> Kerry
>

> > "Kerry Brown" wrote:
> >

> >> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >

> >> While in safe mode click on Start => Run and type in eventvwr.msc
> >>
> >> This will start the event viewer. Look for any errors in especially in
> >> Application or System. Another thing to do is Right Click on My Computer
> >> and
> >> pick Properties, Click on the Advanced tab, Click on the Settings button
> >> under Startup and Recovery, then take the tick out of the box beside
> >> Automatically restart. This will cause Windows to give you a BSOD instead
> >> of
> >> restarting. Write down the exact error message including all the numbers
> >> when this happens. Post the error back here. This last one may or may not
> >> work. It depends where in the boot process Windows is quitting.
> >>
> >> Kerry

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 11:57:11 AM

> Hello, Kerry, I reinstalled the original hard drive, since the problem
> wasn't solved w/ the new one. I ran the eventvwr.msc as advised with the
> following:
> APPLICATION:
> 1. Source: Perf Net Event ID: 2002
> "unable to open the redirector service. redirector performance data will
> not be returned. error code is returned is in data DWORD 0.
> 2. same as above, Event ID: 2004
> 3. Source MsiInstaller, Event ID: 11931
> "product: Web Fldrs XP--Error 1931. The Windows Installer service cannot
> update the system file
> C:\ProgramFile\CommonFiles\MicrosoftShared\WebServerExtentions\40\bin\FP4AUTL.DLL
> because the file is protected by Windows. You may need to update your
> operating system for the program to work correctly. Package Version
> 4.0.2.7523, OS Protected version:
> --i received this one twice...
> SYSTEM:
>
> Source: Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7026
> 1. The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: AFD,
> Fips, intelppm, IPSec, MRxSmb, NetBios, Net BT, RasAcd, Rdbss, Tcpip.
> 2. same source, Event ID: 7001
> The IPSEC Services depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to
> start
> because of the following error: "a device attached to the system is not
> functioning."
> 3. same except for TCP/IP Net BIOS depends on the AFD service...
> 4. Source: DCOM Event ID: 10005
> DCOM got error "this service cannot be started in safe mode" attempting to
> start the service event system w/ arguments "" in order to run the server
> (1BE17F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF)
> 5. same as above except...to start the service netman w/
> arguments....server
> (BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC-1270E).
>
> Sorry if you spent a lot of time on the previous hard drive, i really do
> appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Hi Mike

I'm busy with work today. I'll try to get a look at this later. In the
meantime try http://www.eventid.net/ for some trobleshooting of the Event ID
numbers.

Kerry

> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
>> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > thanks, i am actually reloading xp again to see what happens, i gave
>> > you
>> > inaccurate info, the amber light is on the hard drive working indicator
>> > and
>> > it stays a constant amber, the power light "green" just shuts off, I
>> > will
>> > try
>> > your suggestion and will advise the outcome.
>> >

>> Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
>>
>> Kerry

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 6:47:36 PM

"mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, Kerry, I reinstalled the original hard drive, since the problem
> wasn't solved w/ the new one. I ran the eventvwr.msc as advised with the
> following:
> APPLICATION:
> 1. Source: Perf Net Event ID: 2002
> "unable to open the redirector service. redirector performance data will
> not be returned. error code is returned is in data DWORD 0.
> 2. same as above, Event ID: 2004
> 3. Source MsiInstaller, Event ID: 11931
> "product: Web Fldrs XP--Error 1931. The Windows Installer service cannot
> update the system file
> C:\ProgramFile\CommonFiles\MicrosoftShared\WebServerExtentions\40\bin\FP4AUTL.DLL
> because the file is protected by Windows. You may need to update your
> operating system for the program to work correctly. Package Version
> 4.0.2.7523, OS Protected version:
> --i received this one twice...
> SYSTEM:
>
> Source: Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7026
> 1. The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: AFD,
> Fips, intelppm, IPSec, MRxSmb, NetBios, Net BT, RasAcd, Rdbss, Tcpip.
> 2. same source, Event ID: 7001
> The IPSEC Services depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to
> start
> because of the following error: "a device attached to the system is not
> functioning."
> 3. same except for TCP/IP Net BIOS depends on the AFD service...
> 4. Source: DCOM Event ID: 10005
> DCOM got error "this service cannot be started in safe mode" attempting to
> start the service event system w/ arguments "" in order to run the server
> (1BE17F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF)
> 5. same as above except...to start the service netman w/
> arguments....server
> (BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC-1270E).
>
> Sorry if you spent a lot of time on the previous hard drive, i really do
> appreciate your help. Thanks again.

I quickly checked some of the errors. They don't appear to be related on the
surface. You may have some major file corruption on that hard drive.

Kerry

> "Kerry Brown" wrote:
>
>> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > thanks, i am actually reloading xp again to see what happens, i gave
>> > you
>> > inaccurate info, the amber light is on the hard drive working indicator
>> > and
>> > it stays a constant amber, the power light "green" just shuts off, I
>> > will
>> > try
>> > your suggestion and will advise the outcome.
>> >

>> Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
>>
>> Kerry

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 12:37:01 AM

Thanks Kerry, I appreciate the time you have spent on this..no hurry, going
on vacation this friday, any ideas on how to fix this???

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, Kerry, I reinstalled the original hard drive, since the problem
> > wasn't solved w/ the new one. I ran the eventvwr.msc as advised with the
> > following:
> > APPLICATION:
> > 1. Source: Perf Net Event ID: 2002
> > "unable to open the redirector service. redirector performance data will
> > not be returned. error code is returned is in data DWORD 0.
> > 2. same as above, Event ID: 2004
> > 3. Source MsiInstaller, Event ID: 11931
> > "product: Web Fldrs XP--Error 1931. The Windows Installer service cannot
> > update the system file
> > C:\ProgramFile\CommonFiles\MicrosoftShared\WebServerExtentions\40\bin\FP4AUTL.DLL
> > because the file is protected by Windows. You may need to update your
> > operating system for the program to work correctly. Package Version
> > 4.0.2.7523, OS Protected version:
> > --i received this one twice...
> > SYSTEM:
> >
> > Source: Service Control Manager, Event ID: 7026
> > 1. The following boot-start or system-start drivers failed to load: AFD,
> > Fips, intelppm, IPSec, MRxSmb, NetBios, Net BT, RasAcd, Rdbss, Tcpip.
> > 2. same source, Event ID: 7001
> > The IPSEC Services depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to
> > start
> > because of the following error: "a device attached to the system is not
> > functioning."
> > 3. same except for TCP/IP Net BIOS depends on the AFD service...
> > 4. Source: DCOM Event ID: 10005
> > DCOM got error "this service cannot be started in safe mode" attempting to
> > start the service event system w/ arguments "" in order to run the server
> > (1BE17F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF)
> > 5. same as above except...to start the service netman w/
> > arguments....server
> > (BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC-1270E).
> >
> > Sorry if you spent a lot of time on the previous hard drive, i really do
> > appreciate your help. Thanks again.
> >

> I quickly checked some of the errors. They don't appear to be related on the
> surface. You may have some major file corruption on that hard drive.
>
> Kerry
>

> > "Kerry Brown" wrote:
> >
> >> "mike42914" <mike42914@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> >

> >> Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
> >>
> >> Kerry

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:16:30 AM

> Thanks Kerry, I appreciate the time you have spent on this..no hurry,
> going
> on vacation this friday, any ideas on how to fix this???

It sounds like you may have a hardware problem. Go to www.memtest.org and
download memtest86+. Let it run for several hours and see if you get any
memory errors. Try a different hard drive cable. Check the temperature of
your CPU. You can usually access this in the BIOS. Those are a few places to
start.

Kerry

!