Can't go into standby

Hi,

I have windows XP home edition with SP2. My problem is that when I go
start->shutdown the standby button is translucent and I am not able to select
it. Standby used to work, but I had to recently reinstall windows due to
some major issues with my computer. Can anyone help me?

Terminatore3
2 answers Last reply
More about standby

    "Terminatore3" <Terminatore3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have windows XP home edition with SP2. My problem is that when I go
    > start->shutdown the standby button is translucent and I am not able to
    > select
    > it. Standby used to work, but I had to recently reinstall windows due
    > some major issues with my computer. Can anyone help me?

    Install the Video Adapter's drivers from the manufacturer's web site.

    --
    William

    Right click the desktop, click Properties > Screen Saver tab > Power button and
    check the Power Management settings.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko
    { MS MVP_Shell/User }

    "Terminatore3" <Terminatore3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have windows XP home edition with SP2. My problem is that when I go
    > start->shutdown the standby button is translucent and I am not able to select
    > it. Standby used to work, but I had to recently reinstall windows due to
    > some major issues with my computer. Can anyone help me?
    >
    > Terminatore3

Microsoft Windows XP