Can't go into standby

Hi,

I have windows XP home edition with SP2. My problem is that when I go
start->shutdown the standby button is translucent and I am not able to select
it. Standby used to work, but I had to recently reinstall windows due to
some major issues with my computer. Can anyone help me?

Terminatore3

"Terminatore3" <Terminatore3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have windows XP home edition with SP2. My problem is that when I go
> start->shutdown the standby button is translucent and I am not able to
> select
> it. Standby used to work, but I had to recently reinstall windows due
> some major issues with my computer. Can anyone help me?

Install the Video Adapter's drivers from the manufacturer's web site.

--
William

Right click the desktop, click Properties > Screen Saver tab > Power button and
check the Power Management settings.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }