Dedicated Graphics not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buchlertm

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Hi. I just bought a Packard Bell EasyNote TS11HR with integrated Intel HD Graphics (not sure which type there), 6GB DDR3-1333 RAM, and a built-in Nvidia GeForce GT 630M with 1GB VRAM. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit (I upgraded from Home Basic using Anytime). The processor is an Intel Core i3-2310M @ 2.1GHz.

Seeing that the specs of this notebook is slightly better than my PC, I figured that it should be able to game on it. However, running Starcraft II is nearly impossible due to the extremely low framerates. I did a bit of sniffing around and found that the Device Manager doesn't detect my Nvidia Graphics card.

Since I'm quite comfortable with the BIOS I poked around in it (well, there's only like 12 options, so not a lot of poking). There's an option where you choose between Integrated and Switchable graphics. I thought that this was obviously the solution and chose switchable. However, with this option selecting, my BIOS stops detecting my HDD and I'm unable to boot. When I chose the IDE instead of ASCI (I think) option for HDD (not sure of the names, but I chose IDE), it detects my HDD, but still won't boot. Any help with this?

when in bios go to boot menu and make sure your hard drive is the first device to boot from on the list. your windows wont boot when switching between IDE and AHCI because those are the sata data modes (IDE is used for compability with older sata drives) so stick with AHCI

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
make sure your drivers support the switchable graphics.
On my laptop I have to manually switch from integrated graphics to the dedicated card.

Call dell and ask them how to switch the graphics cards back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.