Strange happening with laptop's ac adapter

Hi guys, here is a strange one:

I have the acer aspire 5612, and it seems it has a non official adapter.
The adapter is two part: First part is the main cable from power source to adapter, and the second is adapter itself (the adapter is connected to laptop via a non detachable cable). The main cable is detachable.
The problem is:

(the battery is always on the latop)
With laptop off, if I plug the adapter the charge battery led wont turn on, neither the laptop.
If I start the laptop from battery, and then plug the adapter, it charges normaly, even if I shut down the laptop.
With laptop off and charging, if I unplug the whole adapter (from laptop or power source) and plug it back, it wont charge.

With laptop off and charging, if I unplug the the cable from the adapter (not from the power source), and then plug it back, the battery will charge.
With laptop off and charging, if I unplug the the cable from the the power source (not from the adapter), and then plug it back, the battery will charge.

Hope you can understand what I am trying to say. Does anyone has any idea whats the cause of this? (adapters fault or laptop damage?)
3 answers Last reply
More about strange happening laptop adapter
  1. Your explaination is quite involved. What does it do or not do that you think is abnormal?
  2. Its not lite-on, but has the characteristics you said except the watt. It doesnt say, unless the big mark "V85" its the wattage.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Battery Cable Power Source