I 9300-few questions

Planning to get one, but would like to know:
-is the TV tuner internal
-do I have to use Windows Media Center with it, or can I use some other
software with TV? I need to have XP Pro to use remote desktop connection?
-can I get some other external TV tuner and use it with this laptop?
-any advice for/against bying it?
TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about 9300 questions

    "compitus" <compitus@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Planning to get one, but would like to know:
    > -is the TV tuner internal
    > -do I have to use Windows Media Center with it, or can I use some other
    > software with TV? I need to have XP Pro to use remote desktop connection?
    > -can I get some other external TV tuner and use it with this laptop?
    > -any advice for/against bying it?
    > TIA

    MCE supports Remote Desktop, at least MCE 2003 does. I run it on my
    Dimension 2400 and control the machine remotely every day.

    Tom

    compitus wrote:
    > I need to have XP Pro to use remote desktop connection?

    One alternative to remote desktop is VNC, it's available for just about
    every OS out there and its free (albeit a bit bandwith intensive). You
    can easily control your XP system from a any Windows, Mac, or Linux box,
    and it can be made quite secure by tunneling through SSH.

Dell TV Tuner Computers