Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

FS: Missile Command in Massachusetts

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 25, 2005 4:34:49 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Overall this machine is in good shape and works fine. Normal scrapes
and scuffs for it's age on the cabinet (nothing major). Control panel,
monitor, bezel, marquee all in good shape (Repro control panel
overlay). Trackball works fine, though has a slight squeak that I
haven't been able to track down the cause.

$500. Pick up/Cash only. I'm located in Central MA.

See pics here:
http://boston.craigslist.org/clt/99441234.html

-Adam
Anonymous
September 25, 2005 7:21:51 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Wish I had the space/money for this.

Don't suppose you'd be interested in any trade?

Rob


"Adam F" <borg1238@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:u4sbj1179tgnh8v00fors98gevnl3udm1e@4ax.com...
> Overall this machine is in good shape and works fine. Normal scrapes
> and scuffs for it's age on the cabinet (nothing major). Control panel,
> monitor, bezel, marquee all in good shape (Repro control panel
> overlay). Trackball works fine, though has a slight squeak that I
> haven't been able to track down the cause.
>
> $500. Pick up/Cash only. I'm located in Central MA.
>
> See pics here:
> http://boston.craigslist.org/clt/99441234.html
>
> -Adam
September 25, 2005 12:41:29 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Is that speaker grill art a repro or is the camera lighting off?

tim (NH)

"Adam F" <borg1238@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:u4sbj1179tgnh8v00fors98gevnl3udm1e@4ax.com...
> Overall this machine is in good shape and works fine. Normal scrapes
> and scuffs for it's age on the cabinet (nothing major). Control panel,
> monitor, bezel, marquee all in good shape (Repro control panel
> overlay). Trackball works fine, though has a slight squeak that I
> haven't been able to track down the cause.
>
> $500. Pick up/Cash only. I'm located in Central MA.
>
> See pics here:
> http://boston.craigslist.org/clt/99441234.html
>
> -Adam
Related resources
Anonymous
September 25, 2005 6:14:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

For what it's worth - I recently picked up an Asteroids from Adam (and
was actually tempted by that Missile Command - but just didn't have the
room to truck it home!) and he was a VERY nice guy. You can trust him
- he's a class act. I just wish he had more vids for sale since it
looks like he really took care of them.
Good luck with the pins, Adam!
-Chuck
Anonymous
September 25, 2005 8:53:46 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

As far as I know, it's original... but I don't know what was done to
the game before I bought it. What's the best way to determine if the
header is original or a repro? The colors?

-Adam

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 08:41:29 -0400, "guinness"
<timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote:

>Is that speaker grill art a repro or is the camera lighting off?
>
>tim (NH)
>
>"Adam F" <borg1238@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:u4sbj1179tgnh8v00fors98gevnl3udm1e@4ax.com...
>> Overall this machine is in good shape and works fine. Normal scrapes
>> and scuffs for it's age on the cabinet (nothing major). Control panel,
>> monitor, bezel, marquee all in good shape (Repro control panel
>> overlay). Trackball works fine, though has a slight squeak that I
>> haven't been able to track down the cause.
>>
>> $500. Pick up/Cash only. I'm located in Central MA.
>>
>> See pics here:
>> http://boston.craigslist.org/clt/99441234.html
>>
>> -Adam
>
September 25, 2005 8:53:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

The colors....the marquee looks red versus Orange. Compare it to this:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=871...

I've never seen a red marquee, so it looks like an ink repro that meets
grafix' high standards. :D  But then again, it could have been a
camera\lighting thing.

tim (NH)

"Adam F" <borg1238@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:2eldj151hopobd8aaerd1go22lmn1k8ov5@4ax.com...
> As far as I know, it's original... but I don't know what was done to
> the game before I bought it. What's the best way to determine if the
> header is original or a repro? The colors?
>
> -Adam
>
> On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 08:41:29 -0400, "guinness"
> <timburnhamREMOVE@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>>Is that speaker grill art a repro or is the camera lighting off?
>>
>>tim (NH)
>>
>>"Adam F" <borg1238@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>news:u4sbj1179tgnh8v00fors98gevnl3udm1e@4ax.com...
>>> Overall this machine is in good shape and works fine. Normal scrapes
>>> and scuffs for it's age on the cabinet (nothing major). Control panel,
>>> monitor, bezel, marquee all in good shape (Repro control panel
>>> overlay). Trackball works fine, though has a slight squeak that I
>>> haven't been able to track down the cause.
>>>
>>> $500. Pick up/Cash only. I'm located in Central MA.
>>>
>>> See pics here:
>>> http://boston.craigslist.org/clt/99441234.html
>>>
>>> -Adam
>>
>
Anonymous
September 26, 2005 1:50:28 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I appreciate the comments :) 

On 25 Sep 2005 14:14:44 -0700, "SchifWare" <schifware@gmail.com>
wrote:

>For what it's worth - I recently picked up an Asteroids from Adam (and
>was actually tempted by that Missile Command - but just didn't have the
>room to truck it home!) and he was a VERY nice guy. You can trust him
>- he's a class act. I just wish he had more vids for sale since it
>looks like he really took care of them.
>Good luck with the pins, Adam!
> -Chuck
!