visiontek gf2 users?

toonces

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
anybody out there got any comments/experiences about using the visiontek gf2 cards? i'm looking at them at @ 160$ but i don't know about their quality or reliability. i'm upgrading from a tnt and am thinking about the leadtek ddr card w/ tv out or the cheapest gf2 card (the visiontek). i don't really want to spend 160 for a gf2 but if the card is acceptable i might consider it.

<font color=red>booyah, grandma, booyah..</font color=red>

toonces

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
see... that's what i'm thinking, but i really wanted to hear if anyone had good experiences w/ the visiontek boards. as far as i know the v.t. boards are all OEM stuff and not really sold retail. but i figure a gf2 has got to be better than a ddr gf.? but if it's not had a good track record i KNOW that leadtek is solid.

<font color=red>booyah, grandma, booyah..</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Go with the Visiontek if you want. Mine runs fine overclocked. Memory at 380mhz, core at 225, and I haven't tried pushing the core yet (although I did once overheat the memory at 400MHZ after about 8 minutes on 3D mark, that was my first try, and 380 hasn't given me any problems)

G

If I were you, I would get Leadtek's GeForce 2 GTS. you can get it for $179. It's only $20 more. Leadtek's solid and great tech support in US. go to pricewatch.com