Solved

Restore data before factory reset acer aspire one

Hello,
Is there away to pull my data off before i factory reset, my system crashed and i tried to use some recovery tools to pull my data off before i do this but to no avail. :-( not able to get in to this small drive with 7 its unreadable with xp its denied with vista it wants to format before reading. any ideas would greatly be cheery.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about restore data factory reset acer aspire
  1. You should ask your self what was the last thing I was doing before it messed up, if you know what date it went wrong, try using system restore first if you have it running.
  2. i was adding a sermain to it and it shut down and rebooted now it says error unable to read disk at every start and says hit contol atl delete to reboot not even able to get to the os at all... :-(
  3. weaselman said:
    You should ask your self what was the last thing I was doing before it messed up, if you know what date it went wrong, try using system restore first if you have it running.

    i have done other os systems but never did a os like this one and seen that others have reset their os and losted all their data after reboot is there away to get my data off before resetting it or is it gone already?
    thank you in advance.
  4. You could plug your hard disk inside a desktop computer and extract the files you want.
  5. jarotech said:
    You could plug your hard disk inside a desktop computer and extract the files you want.

    I have tried that and it wouldnt allow it to be read and i did it on different systems just to see if it could possibly get read from a different system but nothing, Im thinking maybe recovery console might work but im not sure how to do this with this small laptop, i can do wonders with big laptops but very unsure of this little one im searching the net for more info on how to access the drive after this happeneds. It was like a power button was hit and then crash, on a normal system i would just run a disk in it and restore the system files without lossing my doc. but this has no cd drive and i could use a usb drive /flash drive but would that be the same system if I used a xp disk and put it on the flash drive? without messing up the recovery part. brain storming this thank you for your thoughts im new to these smaller notebooks.

    spec: Acer one series Model number .ZG5 running xp OS
  6. Best answer
    the erecovery part should restore the os as original factory settings the other thing to get your datap ut the drive in a external box with a usb connector start the other system let it bot to the os then plug in the external drive you should have acces to all your data
  7. Best answer selected by Joe67.
  8. It sounds like he's tried that and run into permission problems. If so, it should be possible to log on to the other system with an Administrator account, connect the hard drive in question externally through a USB port, and then take control of the files on that disk. Right-mouse click on the external hard drive, left-click on Properties, then go to the Security tab and see if you can give yourself full permission on the entire drive. Then you should be able to view all the files and copy them.
  9. mbreslin1954 said:
    It sounds like he's tried that and run into permission problems. If so, it should be possible to log on to the other system with an Administrator account, connect the hard drive in question externally through a USB port, and then take control of the files on that disk. Right-mouse click on the external hard drive, left-click on Properties, then go to the Security tab and see if you can give yourself full permission on the entire drive. Then you should be able to view all the files and copy them.

    It comes up unreadable when connecting even as admin then asks if i want to format the drive.
  10. thank you all for your help I got it done in a different way, i will post how i got this to work for me and how it was fixxed
    For others to know just in case they run into this problem.. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Aspire Laptops