Restore data before factory reset acer aspire one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe67

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
Hello,
Is there away to pull my data off before i factory reset, my system crashed and i tried to use some recovery tools to pull my data off before i do this but to no avail. :-( not able to get in to this small drive with 7 its unreadable with xp its denied with vista it wants to format before reading. any ideas would greatly be cheery.

Solution
the erecovery part should restore the os as original factory settings the other thing to get your datap ut the drive in a external box with a usb connector start the other system let it bot to the os then plug in the external drive you should have acces to all your data

Joe67

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
i was adding a sermain to it and it shut down and rebooted now it says error unable to read disk at every start and says hit contol atl delete to reboot not even able to get to the os at all... :-(

Joe67

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

i have done other os systems but never did a os like this one and seen that others have reset their os and losted all their data after reboot is there away to get my data off before resetting it or is it gone already?
thank you in advance.

Joe67

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

I have tried that and it wouldnt allow it to be read and i did it on different systems just to see if it could possibly get read from a different system but nothing, Im thinking maybe recovery console might work but im not sure how to do this with this small laptop, i can do wonders with big laptops but very unsure of this little one im searching the net for more info on how to access the drive after this happeneds. It was like a power button was hit and then crash, on a normal system i would just run a disk in it and restore the system files without lossing my doc. but this has no cd drive and i could use a usb drive /flash drive but would that be the same system if I used a xp disk and put it on the flash drive? without messing up the recovery part. brain storming this thank you for your thoughts im new to these smaller notebooks.

spec: Acer one series Model number .ZG5 running xp OS

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
the erecovery part should restore the os as original factory settings the other thing to get your datap ut the drive in a external box with a usb connector start the other system let it bot to the os then plug in the external drive you should have acces to all your data

Solution

mbreslin1954

Distinguished
It sounds like he's tried that and run into permission problems. If so, it should be possible to log on to the other system with an Administrator account, connect the hard drive in question externally through a USB port, and then take control of the files on that disk. Right-mouse click on the external hard drive, left-click on Properties, then go to the Security tab and see if you can give yourself full permission on the entire drive. Then you should be able to view all the files and copy them.

Joe67

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012

It comes up unreadable when connecting even as admin then asks if i want to format the drive.

Joe67

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
thank you all for your help I got it done in a different way, i will post how i got this to work for me and how it was fixxed
For others to know just in case they run into this problem.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.