Sign in with
Your question

New / Replacement Laptop (~$1000)

Tags:
November 29, 2012 7:06:38 PM

Hello,

Recently my laptop was stolen. Sad day. Fortunately most of my data was backed up. I'm probably never going to see the old one again, so I'm laptop shopping now. Previously, I had a Sager np8130 (Clevo p151hm)... and the specs were:

Screen: 15.6'' 1080p
CPU: i7 2630qm (2.0 ghz)
GPU: Nvidia 560m
RAM: 8 gb DDR3
SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 128 gb

While this was a beast of a machine, it was heavy and not very portable. For my new laptop, I want portability. I don't really need as much power. I don't really care about touchscreens or rotating screens.

Thanks,

David

1. What is your budget?

$1000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

13'' to 15.6''

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1920x1080

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?

3 hours or more

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

League of Legends or Portal 2. I don't need a lot of graphical power, just "enough"

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

It will primarily be used for web browsing, listening to music, and watching hd movies / video

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Doesn't matter to me - I'll replace whatever comes with it with an SSD I own.

9. Don't care where I buy it from

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

3+ years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Don't need an optical drive... but I would like to have two bays, so that I can have a SSD + HDD setup

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

No brand loyalty

13. What country do you live in?

US - California

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I'd like a backlit keyboard

I have a Windows 8 license I already own.
!