XP Pro User - Can't Find W2K Domain

July 5, 2005 3:09:50 PM

I am having a strange problem with a user logging onto a W2K domain
controller. They have an Acer tablet and are using Windows XP Pro with
SP2. After pressing CTL+ALT+DEL and typing in the username/password,
the system pauses for a bit and then states that no domain controller
is available. The error message occurs even after several attemps at
logging on. However, after unplugging the LAN cable, logging on again
(choosing the domain rather than local computer) and the re-connecting
the LAN cable - the user was able to browse the network shares. I have
never seen this type of behaviour and can't seem to find anyone else
who has had this problem. Hopefully someone has some ideas.
July 5, 2005 8:35:53 PM

"" wrote:
> I am having a strange problem with a user logging onto a W2K
> domain
> controller. They have an Acer tablet and are using Windows XP
> Pro with
> SP2. After pressing CTL+ALT+DEL and typing in the
> username/password,
> the system pauses for a bit and then states that no domain
> controller
> is available. The error message occurs even after several
> attemps at
> logging on. However, after unplugging the LAN cable, logging
> on again
> (choosing the domain rather than local computer) and the
> re-connecting
> the LAN cable - the user was able to browse the network
> shares. I have
> never seen this type of behaviour and can't seem to find
> anyone else
> who has had this problem. Hopefully someone has some ideas.

Could this be an IP addess/subnet problem, you should try setting a
static IP for the tablet which is in the DHCP range ( i asume you have
a DHCP server) and set it as reserved on the DHCP server.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-XP-Pro-User...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1756497
!