Microphone can't be turned off

July 5, 2005 4:18:02 PM

After installing Dance Ejay6 the built in microphone on my Acer Aspire 1694
doesn't come off. It's always on. I'm using the swedish XP Home ed. I can't
unmark the check box in the windows record control panel. It spells "choose"
(swedish - välj). All I can do is lower the volume but that has o effect.
What could be wrong???

More about : microphone turned

Anonymous
July 5, 2005 6:32:25 PM

Open Start, Settings, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, select the
voice tab. You should see Voice Playback and Voice Recording where you
should click on the Volume button. There should be a 'mute' opion there.
Heirloom, old and that's the way mine works

"SorentoTheCar" <SorentoTheCar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing Dance Ejay6 the built in microphone on my Acer Aspire
> 1694
> doesn't come off. It's always on. I'm using the swedish XP Home ed. I
> can't
> unmark the check box in the windows record control panel. It spells
> "choose"
> (swedish - välj). All I can do is lower the volume but that has o effect.
> What could be wrong???
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 6:33:59 PM

Oops, correction on that last post......'tis not a 'mute' button, but,
rather, a 'Select' button.....uncheck it.
Heirloom, old and dang memory

"SorentoTheCar" <SorentoTheCar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After installing Dance Ejay6 the built in microphone on my Acer Aspire
> 1694
> doesn't come off. It's always on. I'm using the swedish XP Home ed. I
> can't
> unmark the check box in the windows record control panel. It spells
> "choose"
> (swedish - välj). All I can do is lower the volume but that has o effect.
> What could be wrong???
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 7:09:01 AM

Hi Heirloom,

I've tried that but the check box won't uncheck when clicked, seems like
it's not a regular check box but rather a one choice box because I can click
one of the other two boxes (CD Sound and Line-in), the microphone still going
strong though. All I can do is lower the volume but the mic is still on.

I uninstalled Dance Ejay hoping it would help but problem remains. I'm
starting to think that Ejay wasn't the cause to this problem. I think the
microphone's been on ever since I bought the computer 3 months ago, I just
didn't notice until I put headphones on.
So please, keep me updated with new suggestions!

//SorentoTheCar

!