The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched

When I try to remove a program with add/remove programs, I get the
following error message:

"The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched
The RPC server is unavailable."

(I am using XP pro. :-) )

When I look at the services panel: I see that both RPC and RPC locator
are running. After googling a bit, I found that it has something to do
with the DCOM service. But that one is not listed amogst the other
services. So I cannot start it.

Can anyone help me?????
2 answers Last reply
More about installshield engine ikernel launched

    I fixed it by reinstalling SP2 Jahoooooooooo
  2. hello
    please help me
    When I try to instal a video game, I get the
    following error message:

    "The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched
    1% n'est pas une applicatio win32 valide."

    (I am using win 7.)
    thank very much

Engine Installshield Windows XP Error Message RPC Microsoft