The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched

July 5, 2005 4:55:59 PM

When I try to remove a program with add/remove programs, I get the
following error message:

"The InstallShield Engine (iKernel.exe) could not be launched
The RPC server is unavailable."

(I am using XP pro. :-) )

When I look at the services panel: I see that both RPC and RPC locator
are running. After googling a bit, I found that it has something to do
with the DCOM service. But that one is not listed amogst the other
services. So I cannot start it.

Can anyone help me?????
July 7, 2005 5:55:24 PM

I fixed it by reinstalling SP2 Jahoooooooooo
!