Problems when updating . Net framework

July 6, 2005 2:42:16 AM

Hi! I'm running Win XP Pro sp 2 with all updates installed. I also have ..Net

framework 1.1. When I try to install the sp1 update to .net framework 1.1, I get

this error (or very similar ones)
"SL7C.TMP-Common language runtime debugging service: Application has generated an

exception that could not be handled. Press ok to terminate or cancel to debug"
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework 1.1 to no avail.
Also cleaned all temp files before installing
Also tried installing in safe mode. None of this has helped.
Can someone please shed some light on this?

--
j.h.lie@online.no
http://www.hokus-pokus.org

Same here, followed same steps as per microsoft ..no luck!
!