Animated .gifs not animated

When I load a web site in Firefox or Internet Explorer, the animated
..gif files aren't showing animation. Does anyone know how to fix this
problem?

I have tried a couple things, to no avail.
1) Cleared my cookies and deleted all temp files.
2) Reset my web settings in IE.

Old .gif files, saved on my computer, are showing animation.

--
CO2
2 answers Last reply

    On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 22:09:31 +0000, CO2 wrote:

    > When I load a web site in Firefox or Internet Explorer, the animated
    > .gif files aren't showing animation. Does anyone know how to fix this
    > problem?
    >
    > I have tried a couple things, to no avail.
    > 1) Cleared my cookies and deleted all temp files.
    > 2) Reset my web settings in IE.
    >
    > Old .gif files, saved on my computer, are showing animation.

    Internet Options> Advanced> Multimedia: Place check in "play animations."
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Some firewalls or security programs have additional 'features' that block
    things like animated gifs. You might want to see if such a program is
    installed on your computer.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "CO2" <CO2.1rpzpn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > When I load a web site in Firefox or Internet Explorer, the animated
    > gif files aren't showing animation. Does anyone know how to fix this
    > problem?
    >
    > I have tried a couple things, to no avail.
    > 1) Cleared my cookies and deleted all temp files.
    > 2) Reset my web settings in IE.
    >
    > Old .gif files, saved on my computer, are showing animation.
    >

    > --
    > CO2

Internet Explorer Support Microsoft Windows XP