Gaming from laptop to full HD tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Some games like fifa 13 allow me to play on full hd resolution whereas some games like assassin's creed 3, i can only play at 1280 x 720 resolution, why is that and how can i fix it?

My laptop:
1366 x 768 resolution
i7 3610qm
GT 630m 2 GB DDR3 fermi

SolutionReigns

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
Your graphics card isn't powerful enough to support higher demanding games such as Assassin's Creed III. Sadly you would need to upgrade to play this game fluently.

By "upgrade" he means a new laptop with a more powerful graphics card like the nVidia GT 660m which is really the minimum laptop graphics card to effectively play games at 1920x1080. Not sure what AMD Radeon Mobility HD graphics card is equivalent to it.

99%+ of laptops does not allow you to upgrade the graphics card. That small fraction of 1% that do are specific gaming laptops that generally cost over $1,500. Additionally MXM card (graphic card format for laptops) are not very easy to find and are expensive.

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010

That's a very bad statement because i can play AC3 with decent settings with 30+ FPS really...

shad0wboss

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Thing is, i have found quite contradicting statements to what you guys have said because some people say that if you use HDMI to connect to tv and play in full hd, you only lose 2-3 FPS really...

my question is, why doesn't every game allow that?

All games are designed differently, but the simple fact is that the higher the resolution you play at the greater the demand on the graphics card because it must "draw more things on the screen". If you think Assassins Creed 3 is demanding, wait until you try Metro 2033; you'll get a slide show.

Also everyone has different expectation. Some people only want to play games at high or ultra graphic quality. If you can settle for low graphic quality then you don't need something quite as powerful as the GTX 660m I suggested. However, the GT 630m is a bit too weak to play many games at 1920x1080 resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.