Possible ssd failure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red7x

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Hello!
A few days ago my new laptop arrived - a clevo p370em with two gtx 670MX and an i7 3630 - and since then I have experienced a series of issues. I even posted here the other day to ask for help, since I am a total laptop newbie.
Today I finally ruled out all the issues, which were mostly driver related and caused by bad drivers on the disk provided by my seller...
So I basically downloaded every driver on my own, with the help of a program called drivermax, which saved me alot of headaches.
After all the drivers got installed, everything worked perfectly: the only problem I was left with is the occasional freeze, where on restart I would get this message:

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.47
PXE-E61: media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: exiting PXE ROM
Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

My boot order under normal circumstances would be fine when the ssd gets detected properly, however when it doesn't I need to restart untill it gets finally detected. Now I'm to the point where I always get that error. Does this mean my ssd is faulty? Would my only option be to send it back to get it changed?

Red7x

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

well... my ssd is a 128gb crucial m4 c400
I really have no idea how to deal with ssd drivers since it's my first time using one, so if you could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
If even this doesn't work, I'll get it replaced as Pyree says
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.