Error Message - Cannot open Windows Explorer

July 5, 2005 11:48:02 PM

I can't open Windows Explorer. I get the following error report/exception any
time I open any application using windows explorer . I can't open Internet
Explorer as well. The error report contains the following

Address: 0x0775202d0
Recrord: 0x0000000000
Code: 0xc00000005
Flags: 0x00000000

It looks like some sort of corruption. Not sure what caused it, since I
haven't installed any new programs recently. The problem started after the
explorer window failed to open when I was trying to start it up, while having
another application (Olympus camera picture viewer) open.

Now, I can't do anything including access the Control Panel.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm running XP Home Edition.

Thanks.

More about : error message open windows explorer

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 10:08:46 AM

System Restore should get you back to the place before that registry corruption happened.

Boot to Safe Mode With Command Prompt (F8 on restart)

HOW TO Start System Restore Tool from Command Prompt (Q304449):
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q304/4...

--
Mark L. Ferguson