Internal WIFI Card in my laptop is SLOW

steven

I've been using PCMCIA wireless lan adapters in my Toshiba notebook to
connect to various wireless networks including at home, at the college
library, and at Starbuck's. I ordered an internal WIFI card from the local
laptop service center and installed it, and while the signal is MUCH
stronger than with the PCMCIA because the internal antenna wraps around the
monitor, the speed is incredibly, agonizingly SLOW. WinXP calls the card a
Realtek RTL 8180, and it's supposed to be 802.11B, same as the PCMCIA cards
I've been using.

Any suggestions?

Steven

uninstall the card and software

install the software

and second insert the card

"Steven" <steve@cedarcomm.com> escribió en el mensaje
> I've been using PCMCIA wireless lan adapters in my Toshiba notebook to
> connect to various wireless networks including at home, at the college
> library, and at Starbuck's. I ordered an internal WIFI card from the
local
> laptop service center and installed it, and while the signal is MUCH
> stronger than with the PCMCIA because the internal antenna wraps around
the
> monitor, the speed is incredibly, agonizingly SLOW. WinXP calls the card
> Realtek RTL 8180, and it's supposed to be 802.11B, same as the PCMCIA
cards
> I've been using.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Steven