A file that is required to run search companion cannot be ..

Search function no longer works after attempting to remove multiple
instances of spyware on a WinXP Home SP2 computer. I've tried the solutions
at microsoft.com including reinstalling the search function files. None
have worked. Any other ideas out there?

--
Nocturnal

http://www.spywaretalk.org
2 answers Last reply
More about file required search companion

    On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 20:27:22 -1000, Nocturnal wrote:

    > Search function no longer works after attempting to remove multiple
    > instances of spyware on a WinXP Home SP2 computer. I've tried the solutions
    > at microsoft.com including reinstalling the search function files. None
    > have worked. Any other ideas out there?

    Until you get Windows search repaired, you could use an alternative find
    tool. A good free tool is Agent Ransack available at
    http://www.mythicsoft.com

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Look here:

    Click on: [?] Why doesn't Help and Support work?

    Read...

    Error: "A file that is required to run Search Companion cannot be found. You
    may need to run setup".

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:Ooe7MPfgFHA.2444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Nocturnal <nocturnal@anonymous.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Search function no longer works after attempting to remove multiple
    > instances of spyware on a WinXP Home SP2 computer. I've tried the
    > solutions at microsoft.com including reinstalling the search function
    > files. None have worked. Any other ideas out there?
    >
    > --
    > Nocturnal
    >
    > http://www.spywaretalk.org

Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP