Sign in with
Your question

Radeon Bug?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 20, 2000 6:14:46 PM

I have just installed the Radeon 32meg DDR card, and couldn't be happier. The setup process was a bit of a pain, but it runs great.

More about : radeon bug

December 20, 2000 7:53:34 PM

VERY glad to hear that:) 
My Radeon AIW is coming this weekend... I was starting to despair when some people reported funny problems...:( 

(you play games? :) 
December 20, 2000 8:06:03 PM

Cool. Hope you like the AIW. 32meg DDR was good enough for me. I love to play games. A few 3d, mostly Diablo 2 and the like.

Again, the install process was sort of a pain. What chipset do you have on your mainboard?
Related resources
December 20, 2000 8:53:26 PM

its gonna be the VIA... I may yet have use for the installation notes you left:) 
December 21, 2000 12:29:37 PM

I will never buy another ATI product. ATI sucks. The new ATI Radeons suck. The drivers don’t work for [-peep-] on win2k. Driver updates are non-existent as in the past. They have no toll free tech support. Their new Radeon cards ship with win2k drivers, which don’t work properly. If you want to feel [-peep-] on buy Radeon.

I wish I still had a copy of the long and detailed report I typed out to them concerning problems with their card. In the phone calls to them (which the customer pays for) they could not help me but were interested in my errors as some had already been reported and some were new to them and some helped them figure out more in detail why certain errors would occur. They encouraged a detailed write up. I did them a favor at my own expense and time and then they replied with we will only fix problems reported to a significant degree… Only if customers complain enough will they bother fixing problem. What a joke. In other words they know of problems but are not fixing them until their customers really start complaining in droves.

Under win2k these are the problems I encountered. All games using Glide of which I probably own 40 have graphics that look like [-peep-]. Direct3d, which works on some games, looks like crap on some and good on others. TV looks good but the downloading of the TV schedule fails half the time. TV out controls for turning TV on and off do not work at all. When you plug in your Svideo your automatically outputting your pc signal to your TV and cannot switch it on and off like you’re supposed to be able to on your pc. Furthermore once you view your pc on you TV your graphics no longer fit your pc monitor screen and you end up using your mouse to scroll to areas on the peripheral of your pc monitor you can see unless you scroll there. This problem is terrible since you cannot use the controls that come with the card to switch back to using the monitor as the screen properly. What happens is you get stuck with this scrolling problem and it doesn’t go away even when you reboot. The only way I found to fix it is to completely uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them and set the monitor resolution low to like 640x480 and then reset it back up to whatever you want. This is very time consuming process. ATI never even replied to this particular problem. DVD playback, which is hardware driven stutters! Mpeg4 playback fails! This card is a nightmare folks! I have forgotten half of what I wrote them detailing errors received and better descriptions of the problems but this should be enough to explain what a piece of crap this card is. After spending about four hours total on the phone with them and getting them all the information they wanted I get no reassurances. All I get is hopefully we will have an answer to some of these problems in the future. Blah Blah Blah. Month goes by and nothing. Many people have posted on Tomshardware as to the untrustworthy nature of ATI concerning drivers and their inability to act quickly to fix driver problems. How can you purchase a card that ships with Win2k drivers today and have it not work in everything properly accept TV in? When it takes half a year to fix all the problems on such a product why bother buying it since by that time the card will be selling for less than half what you paid for it and will be half as fast as newer cards on the market. ATI is going the way of the Dodos if they continue with this irresponsible behavior.

An email I sent ATI in response to a customer support reply that was more useless than the long distance phone support.

Thank you very much for you're very kind reply... I find the information I have provided your company with at my expense much more valuable to you than the information you have provided me. Reiteration of solutions I have already tried does neither of us any good. I have returned both cards to the original retailer. In the future please refrain from releasing unfinished products. I and other customers regard such actions as unlawful. I can no longer recommend your products due to poor driver performance under win2k (I have not tested any other OS nor do I wish to do so as your product ships with supposed perfect win2k drivers), which I have tested extensively. The long list of problems with your drivers is tiresome. DVD play, which I previously thought, worked perfectly stutters randomly. In the future please don't rely on your customer base to solve your problems for you because in the end you lose valuable promotional commentary along with a good customer. No need to reply I just thought you should know how thoroughly disgusted I am with your product and your company.
December 21, 2000 1:17:50 PM

The card isn't that bad. And I wouldn't believe that ATI is a horrible company because their drivers don't work under Win2000. A problem with 1 OS doesn't make it horrible. Sorry you were having so many problems, yea, I had some issues installing the card and getting it to run, but after that, I love it. I would recommend the card to anyone I know who loves to play games.
December 21, 2000 2:09:51 PM

Like I said the card ships with Win2k drivers. ATI sucks.
December 21, 2000 2:16:37 PM

Maybe its not ATI that sucks. Wouldn't it make sense that ALL the drivers wouldn't work under all OS's if ATI sucked?
December 21, 2000 2:24:09 PM

Any company that releases a product and ships it with drivers for an OS should make sure they work. Some people use Win2k and I purchased their card specifically becuase of its shipped driver support for win2k. Unlike other video cards they had drivers supposed to work with win2k out of the box. I purchased two of their cards and wasted a lot of valuable time and money because of their false promises. ATI can go to hell.
December 21, 2000 3:28:14 PM

Yea, I'm sure they're crushed.
December 22, 2000 11:34:22 AM

Actually, works fine on my new Win2000... but I had it installed by the pros, so...
still no drivers for Linux though, but as soon as they come, I'll put them in:) 
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 22, 2000 6:06:07 PM

I'll agree, the top of the line Raedon is a great card but I would still take a Geforce2 of comparable memory size and speed over a product from Ati any day. Nvidia has been the market leader. More and more game makers are gearing the 3D game architecture towards Nvidia just like they used to do with 3Dfx. What is Ati going to when the NV20 comes out, not to mention Mac is leaning toward putting Nvidia cards in from the factory instead of Ati for some of the New G4 Cubes and maybe all the new Mobile Macs.
December 28, 2000 7:17:05 AM

Your a liar and have obviously not tested all the cards features like I asked you to. When you finally realize you've bought a card that doesnt work on win2k accept 2D and TV-in and direct3d games are the only games that look good you wont be a man and admit it. For everything that doesnt work see below. Maybe in six months when the card is obsolete ATI will release drivers that fix half the problems.

I will never buy another ATI product. ATI sucks. The new ATI Radeons suck. The drivers don’t work for [-peep-] on win2k. Driver updates are non-existent as in the past. They have no toll free tech support. Their new Radeon cards ship with win2k drivers, which don’t work properly. If you want to feel [-peep-] on buy Radeon.

Asus CUSL2
P3 700
296MB SDRAM PC133 Cas2
SBLive Platinum 5.1

I wish I still had a copy of the long and detailed report I typed out to them concerning problems with their card. In the phone calls to them (which the customer pays for) they could not help me but were interested in my errors as some had already been reported and some were new to them and some helped them figure out more in detail why certain errors would occur. They encouraged a detailed write up. I did them a favor at my own expense and time and then they replied with we will only fix problems reported to a significant degree… Only if customers complain enough will they bother fixing problem. What a joke. In other words they know of problems but are not fixing them until their customers really start complaining in droves.

Under win2k these are the problems I encountered. All games using Glide of which I probably own 40 have graphics that look like [-peep-]. Direct3d, which works on some games, looks like crap on some and good on others. TV looks good but the downloading of the TV schedule fails half the time. TV out controls for turning TV on and off do not work at all. When you plug in your Svideo your automatically outputting your pc signal to your TV and cannot switch it on and off like you’re supposed to be able to on your pc. Furthermore once you view your pc on you TV your graphics no longer fit your pc monitor screen and you end up using your mouse to scroll to areas on the peripheral of your pc monitor you can see unless you scroll there. This problem is terrible since you cannot use the controls that come with the card to switch back to using the monitor as the screen properly. What happens is you get stuck with this scrolling problem and it doesn’t go away even when you reboot. The only way I found to fix it is to completely uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them and set the monitor resolution low to like 640x480 and then reset it back up to whatever you want. This is very time consuming process. ATI never even replied to this particular problem. DVD playback, which is hardware driven stutters! Mpeg4 playback fails! This card is a nightmare folks! I have forgotten half of what I wrote them detailing errors received and better descriptions of the problems but this should be enough to explain what a piece of crap this card is. After spending about four hours total on the phone with them and getting them all the information they wanted I get no reassurances. All I get is hopefully we will have an answer to some of these problems in the future. Blah Blah Blah. Month goes by and nothing. Many people have posted on Tomshardware as to the untrustworthy nature of ATI concerning drivers and their inability to act quickly to fix driver problems. How can you purchase a card that ships with Win2k drivers today and have it not work in everything properly accept TV in? When it takes half a year to fix all the problems on such a product why bother buying it since by that time the card will be selling for less than half what you paid for it and will be half as fast as newer cards on the market. ATI is going the way of the Dodos if they continue with this irresponsible behavior.

An email I sent ATI in response to a customer support reply that was more useless than the long distance phone support.

Thank you very much for you're very kind reply... I find the information I have provided your company with at my expense much more valuable to you than the information you have provided me. Reiteration of solutions I have already tried does neither of us any good. I have returned both cards to the original retailer. In the future please refrain from releasing unfinished products. I and other customers regard such actions as unlawful. I can no longer recommend your products due to poor driver performance under win2k (I have not tested any other OS nor do I wish to do so as your product ships with supposed perfect win2k drivers), which I have tested extensively. The long list of problems with your drivers is tiresome. DVD play, which I previously thought, worked perfectly stutters randomly. In the future please don't rely on your customer base to solve your problems for you because in the end you lose valuable promotional commentary along with a good customer. No need to reply I just thought you should know how thoroughly disgusted I am with your product and your company.
December 28, 2000 12:28:22 PM

gimminy creepers you do feel hot about this topic! :) 
Don't call somebody you don't know a liar on the forums... its just not polite... so the card didn't work for you... I'm sorry for you (I trully am, I know I hate when a piece of hardware SHOULD work but doesn't for me), but mine just happens to work fine.
As I said I had my system build by computer-wizards and paid a lot for it, so I can take credit neither for the card (as I sure as heck didn't design it:)  nor for the installation (since I didn't put it together myself)...
Therefore I trully have no reason to lie to you or anybody else:) 

I haven't tried all the features you mentioned simply because I didn't have time... and frankly I have better things to do for now. I don't (myself, you obviously think different:)  expect it to work PERFECTLY, and if I encounter some quirks later on, well, I'll deal with that problem when it arrives. It does what I personally need it to do (and obviously didn't do what you wanted it to do). That's it.
Personally, I've had my share of products that sucked as well as products that I bought with wrong expectations. I never felt like I needed to go on a vengeful crusade about it, but hey, your time is your own, do what you want with it:) 
Just don't get all peeved off when some of us have a different experience and also decide to share it:) 

Have a great day:) 
December 28, 2000 6:50:10 PM

Your post incorrectly makes the card seem like it works right with everything, which it doesnt. It works with 30 percent of its features on win2k. You wasted your money buying a card you wont use even half the features of and which currently dont work anyhow.
December 28, 2000 7:00:56 PM

you really can't get it through that some people have different requirements, can you?:) 

I want to watch my TV -- check.
I want to use Windoze -- check.
I want to play games -- check.

So what I want and what I paid for works. You wanted different things and they didn't work. Too bad for you, but how can you keep telling me that MY card doesn't work? How the heck do you think I'm typing this? :-)
I said, and I quote "It works just fine for me" -- and it does:) 
There really isn't much to argue about there:) 

Anyhoo, I'm seriously getting bored of this topic... you have a different mind frame than I do, and we will obviously disagree on things... that's what makes this world interesting:) 

Have a great day (and don't blow your veins over a video card, all right?:) 
December 28, 2000 7:29:24 PM

Yep, that is all that worked for me everything else sucks. What a rip off. Waste. I know you loath to admit the card sucks. Unlike most people you are happy with a piece of hardware with more than half of its ability crippled. Not only that you implied I didnt know how to install it without having tested any one thing I mentioned didnt work properly to this time. lol your really funny.
December 28, 2000 9:15:13 PM

Just a thought- If it doesn't work in W2K and it's driving you nuts, put 98se back on. Also some of the problems you described are not definitly graphics card specific. At work we had the resolution problem not going back to default after watching the tv yadda yadda... But when we switched to another motherboard the problem went away. Why? I have no idea, it still confuses me, but somethings just don't work as well together as it makes since that they should. I'm not raving this card- give me a geforce any day, but cut Grizley (who I have argued with in the past) some slack on this one. If he says it works on his computer- I believe him.

"Are you saying that I can dodge bullets?"
December 28, 2000 10:07:05 PM

Maybe you just suck and couldnt install it right, quit calling people liers and calm down already I installed over 200 of those for compusa in retail systems like compaq and hp(ugh) and we had about 5-10 complaints mostly from people who dont know crap and had futzed with it.

I am not saying its the best card ever made but its good and is a competitive product, i also installed several hundred nvidia products based on gforce which had massive problems but that was still a good card it was the mobo that didnt support it right ,
basically i'm saying quit flaming !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bored,Certified Tech
December 28, 2000 11:13:51 PM

I never said the card would not install moron. Installing cards all day pretty boring huh. The card sucks and your a certified piece of fecal meat.
December 29, 2000 2:24:15 AM

Don't call raistlin a celeron. (aka cert peice of fecal meat) It's not polite. Also try a different motherboard.

December 29, 2000 10:32:32 AM

If you read the whole thread you would see I have returned them. I dont want cards that dont work. How many motherboards does it take to make an ATI product work? Ask the Owl lol
December 29, 2000 11:37:56 AM

>> but cut Grizley (who I have argued with in the past) some slack on this one

Actually, Grizley hasn't posted in this topic (yet) :-)
December 29, 2000 12:37:01 PM

Listen Hobbit, I am sorry to hear about all your problems, BUT... I have the following system with ZERO PROBLEMS. Yea that's right, no problems.

Windows 2000 SP1
Abit KT7-RAID
1 gig Athlon (not oc'ed)
512 Megs RAM
IBM Desktar 30gig ATA100
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon

Okay I admit ATI's drivers are not always the best, yep they are slow to fix problems, and are slow to develop drivers for Windows 2000 compared to say Creative Labs or Nvidia. BUT....EVERY FEATURE the card has works perfectly for me, TV functions, Radio Functions, Video capture, TV output, DVD playback, 3D games including: Diablo 2, Quake3 Arena, Unreal Tournament, DeusEX, C&C2 Red Alert and many more. Applications used: 3DMax 3.1, Macromedia stuff, Lightwave and many more.

Did I have problems installing? Nope. But there are steps that I did take to avoid problems. Firstly I made sure I had any and all patches that were required for Win2k, my MB/chipset etc. Secondly, I did NOT use the drivers or applications on the CD that shipped with the card. Instead I downloaded them from ATI's site. I always do this to make SURE I have the latest drivers. When you buy a Vid card or any other card God only knows how old the drivers are. Another step I took was to remove all traces of the drivers from my old video card, PLUS I removed it from the Windows hardware list AND deleted any and all registry entries related to my old card.

The bottom line is don't go blaming ATI for every and all problems you have, not all the blame lies in their court. I see far too many people slapping together systems and upgrades and creating a disaster. Take resposibility, and if worse comes to worse RETURN the product and get something else! Nuf said.
December 29, 2000 1:06:36 PM

LOL, your FOS. Even if your not, I dont believe switching motherboards is a solution for making a video card work. ATI is negligent. Like I said I spent a lot of time working with them and many of the problems I reported they already new about but could not solve. There tech support was hopeless and in the end they simply wanted me to wait many months until they had a solution. ATI notoriously would take 6 months and then the card would have been total waste of money. ATI fails the customer once again. Very typical of their company.

Also I would like to point out to you the fact that Diablo 2 looks like [-peep-] with the ATI Radeon which uses Direct3d to render it. Compared to a 3dfx card is looks like snowy tv. If you cant see that difference then you got used to Diablo 2 with direct3d and probably never saw how much better it looks with 3dfx glide. Clearly better no straining the eyes to tell the difference. I liked the idea of their card but it just failed so fantatically that I can only place it on the highly NOT recommended list. In 6 months when it works on all the motherboards and they have all the bugs worked out (probably not) it will be a low end card and worth half as much, then it might deserve a second look. My motherboards are Asus CUSL2 boards which should have been tested by ATI for compatability if that is the problem at all. If I had some third rate motherboard and it had a problem then a change would be warranted.
December 29, 2000 1:42:26 PM

Well, thankfully, I'm not the only lucky guys whose ATI AIW works:) 
I suppose I should list my config here to for the sake of completness then (and to BRAG -- this machine RULES!!! It's made by the VooDoo guys (not 3dfx), see their review in Maximum PC January)

Athlon 1.1 (not OC's... who NEEDS to OC this bad boy? ;) 
Asus A7V
256MB RAM
2x IBM Deskstar 46.1GB in RAID 0
ATI Radeon AIW 32MB DDR RAM etc etc
Samsung 955DF 19" monitor
Soundblaster Live! Value
Cambridge Soundworks FPS 1800
...etc etc...

Triple Boot (Oh yeah baby:) 
Windows 2000
WinME
RedHat Linux 7.0

He he... I'm at work now, but I get giddy just thinking about going home and playing with my newest toy
(if you can call a machine that costs two monthly full-time salaries a toy! :) 

As I said, I can't take credit for setting it up and making it work... so don't ask me for detailed instructions :) 
(I'm grateful SkyNet posted them, for others and for me if I get in trouble down the road:) 

Have fun guys:) 
December 29, 2000 4:26:50 PM

I just have to say that this forum is better off without rude people who resort to calling people liers using abusive language and telling people they are full of S#!T

Please discontinue your flaming inate posts

THank you

Bored,Certified Tech.
btw: I repair computers just do the installs in the evenings
on 12hours shifts
December 29, 2000 5:29:56 PM

He he, grizley/ Kodiak- They are very closely related you know. I retract- cut Kodiak (whome I have never argued with) some slack.

December 29, 2000 5:34:37 PM

Why don't you believe switching mobo's may be the answer? Maybe the card doesn't suck, maybe the mobo does. Maybe the bios needs to be updated, BTW what kind of motherboard do you have? Some boards are just retarded. So are some board owners;=)

December 29, 2000 5:43:38 PM

Aren't hobbits supposed to be quiet easy going folk? (with the few rare exceptions like Bull Roarer Took-the creater of golf-etc.)Maybe you should change your name to something a bit more whiney, stuborn and profane. Any suggestions out there?

December 29, 2000 5:56:01 PM

Golum? :) 
(I'm not sure of the exact spelling, I'll open the Lord of the Rings when I get home :-)

Anyhoo, he has Intel III mobo, I forget which but he did mention it in one of the other ATI-bashing binges... and besides, he doesn't have the AIWs anymore, so he can't check things anymore...

I'm just wondering which card is he using that does the same thing? Sure Geforce2 should be better for 3d gaming etc, but you can't watch the TV with it (frankly, the main reason I got the AIW; even I recommend the Geforce in other posts to people who just want to play games:) 
December 29, 2000 6:00:30 PM

I just hope nobody else comes and asks how good ATI is in new thread... I don't want to go through this again :-)
December 29, 2000 6:39:52 PM

OMG, a moron speaketh. Obviously you cant read, or posted without reading anything accept a sentence here and a sentence there. Answer your own question sphincter plower.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Hobbit on 12/29/00 03:53 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
December 29, 2000 7:27:37 PM

Sorry, I see your board now, Hobbbit, it's just hard to find any real information amidst your endless banter. Next time make two posts one that has info and actually says something- that one is for everyone to read. Then a second one for your rants which can go on as long as you like and we'll all ignore that one. That way you'll find everyone will pick up on those few pieces of info, instead of ignoring you altogether.

December 29, 2000 7:34:30 PM

The funniest thing about all your posts- is that no one will ever take you seriously. For all your flame and cussing, when it comes down to it, advice from you sounds like a 16 year old, who is lonely and bored and dying to be paid attention to, talking about something you know absolutely nothing about and are too ignorant to try other options before you go off on your over active hormone induced rant. Sure their tech support sucks, but who's going to listen to the village idiot?

December 29, 2000 7:37:56 PM

Hey, I hear my name in here! 3 times.... HM.......

Heh... I won't argue about graphics cards in this thread. Don't wanna start any crap. heh

Yeah Kodiak we're both bears
December 29, 2000 7:41:27 PM

AHH yes more insults and it is hard to pick stuff out of like 2page long flaming rants.

And exactly why do you feel the need to call people liers and full of crap and butt plowers etc?

this is a hardware forum not a puberty-indused cuss room/practice my insults board

Bored,Certified Tech
December 29, 2000 8:09:31 PM

All three of you are atiphiliacs. It’s no use trying to argue with people who have faith.
December 29, 2000 8:16:56 PM

Personally I dislike ATI cards, have never and will never own one. But even more than I dislike their cards, I dislike pointless uninformed posts. If anyone here argues based on "faith" it's you and your blind belief that ATI sucks despite the fact that you really never tested it on multiple platforms. Your motherboard can't handle it so the card must suck logic is flawed. I won't buy an ATI card because I like what the geforce series does better, and I have no need for the perks that come with the radeon cards. But that doesn't mean the cards are bad just because I don't care for them. I actually have a tnt2 ultra (guillemot) and a geforce2(asus) and am very satisfied with both.

December 29, 2000 8:58:14 PM

STFU, what makes you think you know better than me or ATI which couldn’t resolve the problems with their own card. You arrogant prick. You have provided nothing here but self satisfying gum flap. Your obviously some megalomaniac microcolon humper. Too stuck on your own gab to realize that no one should have to change their god damned motherfocking motherboard or change the OS they use for their video card. WTF, is wrong with you thinking like that. It is that kind of thinking that allows all the hardware manufactures to think they can just fock the customer over. Shame on your dumb assprine.
December 29, 2000 9:10:02 PM

Heh,heh. You just proved all my points. Feel free to continue your adolecent rampage, but don't you find it odd that the only person on your side is you? Honestly though, it's obvious to everyone that you have nothing to say, so hopefully this post can finally end and you can go back to your high school delusions. What makes one hardware manufacturer, ie. ATI, more or less responsible than the manufacturer of your motherboard? If your argument is that hardware creaters should be held responsible, then the obvious flaw is that your faulty motherboard may be the problem and that asus should be held responsible. Disagree and cry all you want, but the fact remains that the only one who cares is you.

December 29, 2000 9:32:26 PM

Yep, you open your mouth and prove your an idiot.
December 29, 2000 9:33:50 PM

Is that kinda like "I know you are but what am I?" Keep trying kiddo.

December 29, 2000 9:41:32 PM

Hobbit, you really ought to start a review page. Seriously dude, you would be like the Morton Downey Jr of tech reviews. I personally would LOVE to see some good reviews that rank a card on a scale from [-peep-] to awesome.

And then, you could have people comment on your reviews, and tear them apart with off topic insults. :)  I am not being sarcastic here, seriously. DO IT D00D! :) 
December 29, 2000 9:42:07 PM

I have to agree with that i had a rage fury MAXX great card till it didnt support win2kpro which i must use ;(
so i was disappointed with ati,
however that doesnt blind me with anger or make me rant and stoop to retarded name calling that i heard better versions of in about 5th grade ;p (14years ago)

der butt plower der STFU der im 10 years old again,
thats how it comes across to me .

Bored,Certified Tech
December 29, 2000 9:49:39 PM

Agreed, on all counts. There are definitly driver problems with win2k and ATI cards. And for that matter many other things, though the gap is closing. It's unfortunate that a production power house such as ATI hasn't caught up yet. Of course it doesn't mean the card's bad, just the drivers and the support. The reason I don't run win2K is because of querky driver issues. I'm still fairly happily in win98se blue screen land. I'll probly go to win2k in a year when service pack 3 comes out and everyone is caught up. I still don't have win2k drivers for my Lexmark printer. They have beta's but I couldn't get them to work.

December 30, 2000 1:22:47 AM

I had a Radeon 64meg for a while. I got it because of the Video in/out functions. The driver/software installation is a bit of a pain. All in all the card worked fine in games. Frame rates were comperable with other cards. It only had one small problem though. Then video in function would crash my machine every time when you tried to change anything in the software of on the desktop. The machine would hard lock forcing a reboot. ATI suggest, update to the latest drivers. Did that, same problems. Updated software same problems. Exchanged the card, same problems. Reloaded entire system, same problems. Seeing a trend here. Thats why I will never buy another ATI product. I have owned three Nvidia cards and have never had a problem with any of them. Two of my friends got TNT2 Ultras about the same time I did. They are all over a year old and still work fine. So all that I can say is NVidia has their sh** together and my business.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2000 5:48:48 AM

have you tried nvidia? hows their support under win2k?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2000 6:00:56 AM

"(if you can call a machine that costs two monthly full-time salaries a toy! :) "

assume you made $80,000 last year. thats 6,666 a month times 2 is over 13 grand! man you wasted a lot! you could of gotten a $1600 computer which is a weeks paycheck. even the rip-off dell sells a 866MHz p3 for like $1399. you can get a 1GHz Tbird for a grand :)  oh by any chance are you gonna buy the geforce3 for $800 when its available? :) 
a b U Graphics card
December 30, 2000 6:54:23 AM

Nice mobo Hobo, that's what I'm using, but tell me a couple things
1.) You said PIII 700. You didn't mention overclocking. Are you the only person left in this forum that isn't running it to at least 933?
2.)How did you end up with 296MB of Ram? I've heard of 256, but where did the extra 40 come from? Seach high&low and still can't find a 40MB module, and I refuse to believe youv'e taken up all three slots with a 256, a 32, and an 8, considering that finding 8MB pc133 is like trying to find hens teeth....
Oh, BTW, I'm thinking of ditching this GeForce2 GTS card and STB TVPCI tuner card for an AIW Radeon, hear the TV features are better than what I have and the picture quality might be a little higher, and I want to use the TVOUT to play games and watch DVDs on the TV. Any opinion?
!