I have an acer d250 netbook that was working fine, but it is possible the previous owner dropped it while the lid was open, because the hinges had broken loose.
So I decided to move the guts over to a good case. Should be simple, I thought, but on testing the newly assembled unit the MB was dead. Further testing showed only a weak pulse at the MB power block, of about 2 volts every 2 seconds, whereas there should be some 19 continuous volts coming in. The male power plug when unplugged from the MB registered full voltage.
Is this a throwaway or is there some relatively easy fix? My soldering skill is limited.
More aboutmotherboard doesn receive power
When you said you have a netbook "that was working fine", it was working before you "move the guts over a good case" is that what happens. If so you have a short-circuit on the motherboard.
A short circuit would make sense, and probably would be impossible for me to track down.