reminder when turning off windows

Hi we have a 13 pc small business setup with a windows nt server driven
network, while our desktops are all windows xp pro, I am the IT responsable
and was asked to, in someway, send out a reminder message to all pc's, or by
server or locally. When you click to close down windows, instead of getting
the "turn off menu" I have to first visualize the reminder. Is this possible?
--
joe

Byte

"I have to first visualize the reminder".......what???
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"satriani" wrote:

> Hi we have a 13 pc small business setup with a windows nt server driven
> network, while our desktops are all windows xp pro, I am the IT responsable
> and was asked to, in someway, send out a reminder message to all pc's, or by
> server or locally. When you click to close down windows, instead of getting
> the "turn off menu" I have to first visualize the reminder. Is this possible?
> --
> joe

I think you are asking about a log off banner.

In a a windows nt 4.0 network?
Not easy.

An Active directory environment. Easy as pie. Both log off and shutdown
banners are easily implemented via group policy.

ight be possibly via local policy, don't have an XP machine to test it right
now.