Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Closed

Error 0251 System CMOS checksum bad: how do I fix it?

Tags:
  • Checksum
  • Windows XP
July 6, 2005 6:22:04 AM

Hi, Some help would be appreciated please. Every now and again my computer
starts up with a "bleep bleep" then appears a black screen with writing on.
It always says "0251:Stystem CMOS Checksum Bad- Default Configuration used".
I have tried going further and looking into it, but it scares me, in case I
make a mess of it all. So now every time it happens I just press "F2" which
starts up the computer anyway.. I believe I am just by passing the problem
ever time and would love to sort it out. Can any one tell me which buttons to
press once onto the page and get rid of the problem once and for all... Thank
you in advance

Magzy99

More about : error 0251 system cmos checksum bad fix

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 2:30:13 PM

Hi

Please see if the following helps:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=0251:System+CMOS...

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Magzy99" <Magzy99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Some help would be appreciated please. Every now and again my computer
> starts up with a "bleep bleep" then appears a black screen with writing
> on.
> It always says "0251:Stystem CMOS Checksum Bad- Default Configuration
> used".
> I have tried going further and looking into it, but it scares me, in case
> make a mess of it all. So now every time it happens I just press "F2"
> which
> starts up the computer anyway.. I believe I am just by passing the problem
> ever time and would love to sort it out. Can any one tell me which buttons
> press once onto the page and get rid of the problem once and for all...
> Thank
> you in advance
>
> Magzy99
March 7, 2011 10:02:26 AM

hi
go for checking the CMOS(complementry metal oxide semi conductor) 's battery its the general problem of above mentioned error your cmos battery may be running out of the power........
that was all........ i mean as far as i know........ bcoz i was having th same problem..
Related resources
March 8, 2011 1:43:12 PM

karanranaah said:
hi
go for checking the CMOS(complementry metal oxide semi conductor) 's battery its the general problem of above mentioned error your cmos battery may be running out of the power........
that was all........ i mean as far as i know........ bcoz i was having th same problem..

You realize you are replying to a post that is almost 6 years old?
March 8, 2011 1:45:15 PM

The CMOS battery will definitely have run out of power by now.

I can just imagine the guy coming back every day to check for a resolution to his problem. And then, five years later .... :)
March 9, 2011 4:29:15 AM

This topic has been closed by Buwish