netgear router and buffalo access point?

hi there

I've got a netgear WGR614 wireless router connected to my cable modem. The
PC in the same room connects off the back of the router, fine. The laptop
in another room uses a wireless connection, fine.

I've just bought a Buffalo WLA-G54 bridge, so that I can connect a new wired
device downstairs to the bridge, then see the wireless network upstairs.

I've setup the SSID, the channel number, loads of stuff, and I'm getting
nowhere - neither device sees each other. Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Mark Haller
2 answers Last reply
More about netgear router buffalo access point

    "news.blueyonder.co.uk" <mark_haller@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > hi there
    >
    > I've got a netgear WGR614 wireless router connected to my cable modem.
    The
    > PC in the same room connects off the back of the router, fine. The
    laptop
    > in another room uses a wireless connection, fine.
    >
    > I've just bought a Buffalo WLA-G54 bridge, so that I can connect a new
    wired
    > device downstairs to the bridge, then see the wireless network upstairs.
    >
    > I've setup the SSID, the channel number, loads of stuff, and I'm getting
    > nowhere - neither device sees each other. Any ideas?

    I doubt they would work together.

    I have a Netgear wireless router as well (FWAG114).
    When I looked at wireless bridges & WDS capable APs last year, I got the
    impression that they don't interoperate very well between different
    manufacturers, so I got Netgear WGE101 instead of WLA-G54.

    WGE101 works well, but I needed to also get a hub/switch to connect mutiple
    devices.
    I would have preferred to use something like WLA-G54 (builtin switch) if
    anyone can figure out a way.

    yuki

    hey there,

    Just to let you know, I'm sending the Buffalo bridge back, and I've just
    ordered the WGE101 bridge from Netgear, as they work together. Well, a
    lesson learnt there then!

    thanks for your reply :)

    marky_uk

    "yuki" <notread_news@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > "news.blueyonder.co.uk" <mark_haller@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > hi there
    > >
    > > I've got a netgear WGR614 wireless router connected to my cable modem.
    > The
    > > PC in the same room connects off the back of the router, fine. The
    > laptop
    > > in another room uses a wireless connection, fine.
    > >
    > > I've just bought a Buffalo WLA-G54 bridge, so that I can connect a new
    > wired
    > > device downstairs to the bridge, then see the wireless network upstairs.
    > >
    > > I've setup the SSID, the channel number, loads of stuff, and I'm getting
    > > nowhere - neither device sees each other. Any ideas?
    > >

    > I doubt they would work together.
    >
    > I have a Netgear wireless router as well (FWAG114).
    > When I looked at wireless bridges & WDS capable APs last year, I got the
    > impression that they don't interoperate very well between different
    > manufacturers, so I got Netgear WGE101 instead of WLA-G54.
    >
    > WGE101 works well, but I needed to also get a hub/switch to connect
    mutiple
    > devices.
    > I would have preferred to use something like WLA-G54 (builtin switch) if
    > anyone can figure out a way.
    >
    > yuki

Routers Netgear Wireless Networking