hoserb2000

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2002
holla all,

For some reason, I tryed to install win 98 with the "install other os" function in partition magic 8. I think it made a fat 32 partition and booted from that.

My problem is that windows 98 wants to delete the C partition to install windows, not from F (i think), the fat 32. Now I can't get out of the install command prompt whenever I boot. Is there anyway I can eather delete the fat 32 without going into windows, or change it so that i boot from C?

<font color=blue>Let's see, 500 posts a day, each day, for 30 days, and I will have more posts than Crashman!</font color=blue>

mopeygoth

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2003
try inserting your winxp installation cd and use the repairtool to fix your c:\boot.ini

Intel Pentium 4 - 400Mhz FSB - 2.4Ghz
- 1152mb pc-133 - Ati Radeon 9700 128Mb

hoserb2000

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2002
thanks so much for replying, maybe you can tell me what to do with this-

i got a screen saying 'windows xp recovery console. which windows installation would you like to log onto?"

the onl one op was "f;\windows" when i select ithen it asks for my admin password, then it takes me to a co mmand prompt thinggy that says "f:\windows>"

was this what you were talking about, or am i totaly off?

thanks!

<font color=blue>Let's see, 500 posts a day, each day, for 30 days, and I will have more posts than Crashman!</font color=blue>

G

Format f:, to get rid of that 98 junk, and see what happens. If your computer doesn't boot, you'll probably have to do a repair install of XP. Just put the XP cd in your drive and reboot. Somewhere in the process, it will ask you if you want to do a full install, or a repair install. Choose repair.