Status
Not open for further replies.

ambereyes

Honorable
Jul 4, 2012
hello,

I want to know the best way of cleaning a laptop,air vents, keyboard etc I,v heard about compressed air been used for blowing dust.. but i saw a vid the guy advised never to use compressed air. Instead of that use vaccum cleaner.

I am confused over this,I'v got a high end laptop and dun want to ruin it. I am about to invest in a good vacum cleaner but before, just thought of getting advise from u ppl. Please give a god piece of advise which is the best way that won't harm the system.

dingo07

Distinguished
First thing you should do is remove the battery and then press the power button to dissipate the power from all the capacitors. Then, depending on how easy it is to do, remove the bottom of the case. Remove the keyboard. I suggest using canned air instead of an air compressor because there's condensation that collects in the compressor's tank which will spit out water at times, you don't get that with canned air. Remove the power from any fans before spraying them with air, as you might end up backfeeding power if it's spinning in reverse. Use q-tips with denatured alcohol to clean up gunk or dried soda or spills, it evaporates quickly and leaves no residue. You can vacuum the dust out, but don't let the nozzle touch any parts of the computer, especially if it's a metal wand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS