hi have a file that is fragmented to 11.38 GB which is taking up alot of hard
drive all I find out is that the file is somewhere in my documents and local
settings tried everything to find it please help

regards

glen

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 03:03:02 -0700, confussed of new zealand wrote:

> hi have a file that is fragmented to 11.38 GB which is taking up alot of hard
> drive all I find out is that the file is somewhere in my documents and local
> settings tried everything to find it please help
>
> regards
>
> glen

A search using file size as the criteria should help you to locate the
file. XP's Search is capable of doing this type of search.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

"Sharon F" wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 03:03:02 -0700, confussed of new zealand wrote:
>
> > hi have a file that is fragmented to 11.38 GB which is taking up alot of hard
> > drive all I find out is that the file is somewhere in my documents and local
> > settings tried everything to find it please help
> >
> > regards
> >
> > glen
>
> A search using file size as the criteria should help you to locate the
> file. XP's Search is capable of doing this type of search.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

its ok thanks found the name of the file its a tmp file and searched yahoo
found out if I don't fix it will grow so big will use up all the free space
in my hard drive so just going tphone mircosoft support for a disk its to do
with the sms

"confussed of new zealand" wrote:

> hi have a file that is fragmented to 11.38 GB which is taking up alot of hard
> drive all I find out is that the file is somewhere in my documents and local
> settings tried everything to find it please help
>
> regards
>
> glen

So what? Your point is ...?

Why do you want to find it? What do you intend to do with it? Nothing wrong with fragmented files. How do you know this as anything I can think of that would tell you this also tells you the file name.
"confussed of new zealand" <confussed of new zealand @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1DF04C14-FB59-4A2B-9E9E-2780E6CC2E24@microsoft.com...
> hi have a file that is fragmented to 11.38 GB which is taking up alot of hard
> drive all I find out is that the file is somewhere in my documents and local
> settings tried everything to find it please help
>
> regards
>
> glen

Jim

wrote in message news:3203899F-D339-49D3-AD21-CFFB95178723@microsoft.com...
> its ok thanks found the name of the file its a tmp file and searched yahoo
> found out if I don't fix it will grow so big will use up all the free
space
> in my hard drive so just going tphone mircosoft support for a disk its to
do
> with the sms
>
> "confussed of new zealand" wrote:
>
> > hi have a file that is fragmented to 11.38 GB which is taking up alot of
hard
> > drive all I find out is that the file is somewhere in my documents and
local
> > settings tried everything to find it please help
> >
> > regards
> >
> > glen
It may indeed grow so large that it consumes all of your disk space, but its
being fragmented has no bearing on this problem. As it is a tmp file
(temporary), what happens when you try to delete it?
Jim

Omni

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004

Do a disk clean up regularly and if you find defragmenting manually a
problem, just set an automatic defragmenter that will do the job in the
background.
Nowadays with huge file sizes fragmentation is a bigger problem than
ever.

--
omni