Can't find Licence

I installed my copy of VB-5 on my new (Win XP) computer and all appeared
to be OK. (I know it's old but it suits my needs and I don't use it much).

Today I needed to write a simple program but when I tried to put a
'common dialog' control on a form I was told 'the license to use this
component was not found'. I'm properly licensed; this is 100% legit.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there an update or work around to fix
this problem?

TIA,
Jack
1 answer Last reply
More about find licence

    PRB: "License Information for This Component Not Found" Error
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;177799

    --
    Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "Jack Jamison" <jjjinc@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I installed my copy of VB-5 on my new (Win XP) computer and all appeared to be OK.
    >(I know it's old but it suits my needs and I don't use it much).
    >
    > Today I needed to write a simple program but when I tried to put a 'common dialog'
    > control on a form I was told 'the license to use this component was not found'.
    > I'm properly licensed; this is 100% legit.
    >
    > Am I doing something wrong? Is there an update or work around to fix this problem?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jack

Windows XP