Can't find Licence

I installed my copy of VB-5 on my new (Win XP) computer and all appeared
to be OK. (I know it's old but it suits my needs and I don't use it much).

Today I needed to write a simple program but when I tried to put a
'common dialog' control on a form I was told 'the license to use this
component was not found'. I'm properly licensed; this is 100% legit.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there an update or work around to fix
this problem?

TIA,
Jack

PRB: "License Information for This Component Not Found" Error
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;177799

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Jack Jamison" <jjjinc@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I installed my copy of VB-5 on my new (Win XP) computer and all appeared to be OK.
>(I know it's old but it suits my needs and I don't use it much).
>
> Today I needed to write a simple program but when I tried to put a 'common dialog'
> control on a form I was told 'the license to use this component was not found'.
> I'm properly licensed; this is 100% legit.
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Is there an update or work around to fix this problem?
>
> TIA,
> Jack

Latest posts