double click drive opens search page?

Hi all, for some reason when I now double click any drive (including zips cd
ets) instead of opening the drive to show its contents it goes to the search
page?

also I have noticed that "search" is at the top of the drives' right click
menu
shown in this jpeg:
http://www.designcentre.uk.com/search.jpg

I am not sure how this happened, and I can't for the life of me find the
place to correct this seting?

any ideas?

thanks, Robert
3 answers Last reply
More about double click drive opens search page

    Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321186

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Pickle22" wrote:

    | Hi all, for some reason when I now double click any drive (including zips cd
    | ets) instead of opening the drive to show its contents it goes to the search
    | page?
    |
    | also I have noticed that "search" is at the top of the drives' right click
    | menu
    | shown in this jpeg:
    | http://www.designcentre.uk.com/search.jpg
    |
    | I am not sure how this happened, and I can't for the life of me find the
    | place to correct this seting?
    |
    | any ideas?
    |
    | thanks, Robert

    Thanks Carey, that worked

    Robert (Pickle22)

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321186
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Pickle22" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi all, for some reason when I now double click any drive (including zips cd
    > | ets) instead of opening the drive to show its contents it goes to the search
    > | page?
    > |
    > | also I have noticed that "search" is at the top of the drives' right click
    > | menu
    > | shown in this jpeg:
    > | http://www.designcentre.uk.com/search.jpg
    > |
    > | I am not sure how this happened, and I can't for the life of me find the
    > | place to correct this seting?
    > |
    > | any ideas?
    > |
    > | thanks, Robert

    You're most welcome! Glad to be of assistance!

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Pickle22" wrote: