Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

need help with xp

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 10:46:59 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I don't know much about computers but right now my computer is really
screwing me over,This morning when I had loged on it seemed to be
fine,But later this afternoon this happend when I was trying to log on
to my account.


This message came up :"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile.
Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a
corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network
administrator.


DETAIL - An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed
unrecoverably. The registry could not read in, or write out, or flush,
one of the files that contain the system's image of the registry. "





I have then setup up so new accounts but they do not work,A new message
appears saying it will now log me onto a Temporay Account.

Any help to recovering my account,Would be so great,Thanks.


--
I-path

More about : question

Anonymous
July 6, 2005 1:18:09 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

If the profile is corrupt, you may need to create another profile and then
copy your "username" profile into the new profile. See the following
document for the step by step instructions.

How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151

--

Michael



"I-path" <I-path.1rqx1n@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
news:I-path.1rqx1n@pcbanter.net...
>
> I don't know much about computers but right now my computer is really
> screwing me over,This morning when I had logged on it seemed to be
> fine,But later this afternoon this happened when I was trying to log on
> to my account.
>
>
> This message came up :"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile.
> Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a
> corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network
> administrator.
>
>
> DETAIL - An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed
> unrecoverably. The registry could not read in, or write out, or flush,
> one of the files that contain the system's image of the registry. "
>
>
>
>
>
> I have then setup up so new accounts but they do not work,A new message
> appears saying it will now log me onto a Temporary Account.
>
> Any help to recovering my account,Would be so great,Thanks.
>
>
> --
> I-path
!