How do we get Win-XP to stop 'seeing' ZIP files as folders?

I am tired of seeing all the .Zip files on my drive as folders in Win-XP
Explorer AND in Search. Is there any way to stop Win-XP from displaying
..Zips as folders? And to stop it from searching through all the .Zips when
it does a search. This just slows searching big time!
1 answer Last reply
More about stop seeing files folders

    "hb" <hb@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message
    >I am tired of seeing all the .Zip files on my drive as folders in
    >Win-XP Explorer AND in Search. Is there any way to stop Win-XP from
    >displaying .Zips as folders? And to stop it from searching through all
    >the .Zips when it does a search. This just slows searching big time!

    Disable zip folder support by running:

    regsvr32 /u zipfldr.dll

    To re-enable support, run:

    regsvr32 zipfldr.dll