How do we get Win-XP to stop 'seeing' ZIP files as folders?

July 6, 2005 12:49:52 PM

I am tired of seeing all the .Zip files on my drive as folders in Win-XP
Explorer AND in Search. Is there any way to stop Win-XP from displaying
..Zips as folders? And to stop it from searching through all the .Zips when
it does a search. This just slows searching big time!
July 6, 2005 2:04:56 PM

"hb" <hb@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message
news:o Nkz9njgFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I am tired of seeing all the .Zip files on my drive as folders in
>Win-XP Explorer AND in Search. Is there any way to stop Win-XP from
>displaying .Zips as folders? And to stop it from searching through all
>the .Zips when it does a search. This just slows searching big time!

Disable zip folder support by running:

regsvr32 /u zipfldr.dll

To re-enable support, run:

regsvr32 zipfldr.dll