New Fido handsets in the pipeline?

Anyone have any "dirt" on upcoming handsets from Fido, perhaps
something from Sony Ericsson? I know a new Nokia is on its way, but it
lacks Bluetooth :\

Thanx,
tony.

tfortony@yahoo.com wrote:

> Anyone have any "dirt" on upcoming handsets from Fido, perhaps
> something from Sony Ericsson? I know a new Nokia is on its way, but it
> lacks Bluetooth :\

Big question is whether Fido will continue to have separate handset
catalogue from Rogers, or whether Rogers will now use the Fido
subscriber base to negotiate better prices when bulk buying handsets.

My guess is that Fido would only offer handsets capable of 850 and 1900
from now on. 1900-only handsets are probably gone.

I'm guessing Rogers will continue to offer the "better" handsets,
leaving the (for lack of a better word) "cheaper" phones to Fido, based
on pricing.

I hope not, though. It would be great if they shared the handset
catalogue as you suggest. I want to stay with City Fido.

obs

Try Unipage Solutions. They carry GSM handsets
that Fido doesn't (eg. Nokia 6230i).
http://www.unipage.ca