wireless router

I have a D-link wireless router, I ran out the "wired/Ethernet" port. I saw
a store sells MS wireless router with 4 switch ports after rebates only $5.
My question is if I hook the MS wireless router to one of Ethernet port of
D-link router I would gain 3 more ports but what's happen to my wireless
since I have 2 wireless router? Is there a way I can turn off the
"wireless" of MS router?

Thanks

Hai

We are looking at placing a wireless camera solution for our condo
community.

We would like to place wireless cameras around the area for security.

Club house is the base station.
We have a 30 foot pole we would like to place a antenna on.
Pool, wireless camera 50 feet from Pole
Play Ground wireless camera 3000 feet from Pole

We also are thinking of getting a T1 in to provide Internet access to all
condo owners.

Can you recommend a setup for us? do we need access points, bridges or
other.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Hai Pham wrote:

> I have a D-link wireless router, I ran out the "wired/Ethernet" port. I
> saw a store sells MS wireless router with 4 switch ports after rebates
> only $5. My question is if I hook the MS wireless router to one of
> Ethernet port of D-link router I would gain 3 more ports but what's happen
> to my wireless
> since I have 2 wireless router? Is there a way I can turn off the
> "wireless" of MS router?
>
> Thanks
>
> Hai

I have the Microsoft MN-700 802.11b router. You can totally disable the
wifi. All you really need is a cheap little hub/switch though. The
performance would probably be better than having another router doing NAT,
etc. and the setup would be a lot simpler.

--Mitchua

On Sat, 1 May 2004 09:47:15 -0400, in alt.internet.wireless , "Hai Pham"
<haipham@yahoo.com> wrote:

>My question is if I hook the MS wireless router to one of Ethernet port of
>D-link router I would gain 3 more ports

yes.

>but what's happen to my wireless
>since I have 2 wireless router? Is there a way I can turn off the
>"wireless" of MS router?

Almost certainly.

--
Mark McIntyre

Mitchua,

If I turn off/disable the Wifi, the router is just like hub/switch? or do I
need to set up the MS router in order to connect through MS router?

Thanks

Hai
"Mitchua" <mitchuaNOSPAM@hush.com> wrote in message
> Hai Pham wrote:
>
> > I have a D-link wireless router, I ran out the "wired/Ethernet" port. I
> > saw a store sells MS wireless router with 4 switch ports after rebates
> > only $5. My question is if I hook the MS wireless router to one of
> > Ethernet port of D-link router I would gain 3 more ports but what's
happen
> > to my wireless
> > since I have 2 wireless router? Is there a way I can turn off the
> > "wireless" of MS router?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Hai
>
> I have the Microsoft MN-700 802.11b router. You can totally disable the
> wifi. All you really need is a cheap little hub/switch though. The
> performance would probably be better than having another router doing NAT,
> etc. and the setup would be a lot simpler.
>
> --Mitchua

On Sun, 2 May 2004 17:07:26 -0400, in alt.internet.wireless , "Hai Pham"
<haipham@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Mitchua,
>
>If I turn off/disable the Wifi, the router is just like hub/switch? or do I
>need to set up the MS router in order to connect through MS router?

with most routers, ignore the WAN side, then you're using just the switch
part which requires no particular configuration. I can't see why the MS one
would be different.

BTW who actually makes it? Not MS I believe, its going to be someone
else's router, rebadged. .
--
Mark McIntyre