Right Click menu pops up on the wrong side.

Jd

When I right click on the desktop and go to arrange icons or new, the menu
that pops up is on the right, not the left where it should be. I tested this
by putting the cursor in the middle of the screen, I then pressed right click
and scrolled down to new. The menu appeared on the left and I chose new
folder. Everything seem to be fine with the annoying exception of the menu
being on the wrong side.

Anyone have any idea's?

Thanks in Advance.

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop"
MenuDropAlignment

0=left
"JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D092B5C-BE30-4C9E-8E0A-53AFC1693188@microsoft.com...
> When I right click on the desktop and go to arrange icons or new, the menu
> that pops up is on the right, not the left where it should be. I tested this
> by putting the cursor in the middle of the screen, I then pressed right click
> and scrolled down to new. The menu appeared on the left and I chose new
> folder. Everything seem to be fine with the annoying exception of the menu
> being on the wrong side.
>
> Anyone have any idea's?
>
> Thanks in Advance.

Jd

I do not have that option and if I add it nothing happens. Is there a string
to add to force it right?

Thanks,

JD

"David Candy" wrote:

> HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop"
> MenuDropAlignment
>
> 0=left
> "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D092B5C-BE30-4C9E-8E0A-53AFC1693188@microsoft.com...
> > When I right click on the desktop and go to arrange icons or new, the menu
> > that pops up is on the right, not the left where it should be. I tested this
> > by putting the cursor in the middle of the screen, I then pressed right click
> > and scrolled down to new. The menu appeared on the left and I chose new
> > folder. Everything seem to be fine with the annoying exception of the menu
> > being on the wrong side.
> >
> > Anyone have any idea's?
> >
> > Thanks in Advance.

What happens on menu bar menus.

"JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00A8866B-8FCE-4737-A963-3BBE2D74BAA2@microsoft.com...
>I do not have that option and if I add it nothing happens. Is there a string
> to add to force it right?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JD
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop"
>> MenuDropAlignment
>>
>> 0=left
>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>> "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D092B5C-BE30-4C9E-8E0A-53AFC1693188@microsoft.com...
>> > When I right click on the desktop and go to arrange icons or new, the menu
>> > that pops up is on the right, not the left where it should be. I tested this
>> > by putting the cursor in the middle of the screen, I then pressed right click
>> > and scrolled down to new. The menu appeared on the left and I chose new
>> > folder. Everything seem to be fine with the annoying exception of the menu
>> > being on the wrong side.
>> >
>> > Anyone have any idea's?
>> >
>> > Thanks in Advance.

Jd

Same problem. After initial menu drops down the SubMenu always appears on
the left.

"David Candy" wrote:

> What happens on menu bar menus.

> "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00A8866B-8FCE-4737-A963-3BBE2D74BAA2@microsoft.com...
> >I do not have that option and if I add it nothing happens. Is there a string
> > to add to force it right?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > JD
> >
> > "David Candy" wrote:
> >
> >> HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop"
> >> MenuDropAlignment
> >>
> >> 0=left
> >> --
> >> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
> >> =================================================

Well you have that registry entry then. If absent it drops to the right. A program could do it by asking windows too and specifing not to make changes permanent, but this program would need to run each logon.

"JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7A8DD04-2730-4EF4-80FD-BEBCED245AFC@microsoft.com...
> Same problem. After initial menu drops down the SubMenu always appears on
> the left.
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
>> What happens on menu bar menus.
>>
>> --
>> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
>> "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00A8866B-8FCE-4737-A963-3BBE2D74BAA2@microsoft.com...
>> >I do not have that option and if I add it nothing happens. Is there a string
>> > to add to force it right?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > JD

Type in a command prompt

reg query "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v MenuDropAlignment