Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Ridiculously bad customer service

Tags:
  • Fido
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:23:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Anybody know what the new voicemail number is in Toronto? I've been
using *456 but it no longer works, neither does holding "1" that
fido.ca suggests.

I attempted to call Fido and reach a human being, so much for that.
Their customer service line sends you on a neverending journey through
automated prompts. I called the Fido new customer line and ask my
question, the guy tells me this is the wrong number, obviously, and
says he's going to forward me along. I ask him to assure me I will be
forwarded to a human being, he says yes, but sure enough I'm sent back
into the jungle of automated prompts that lead nowhere.

More about : ridiculously bad customer service

Anonymous
June 15, 2005 2:44:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

Pressing and holding "1" still works for me, but all that does it tie
it back to the voicemail number (which I haven't had to change since
I've been with Fido).

I don't have to call their 611 often, but when I do, I go through a
little call tree and then get a person pretty quickly. The call tree is
something all companies do, even competitive mobile services. This way
the call can be prioritized, routed to the proper dept., and/or logged
to look for a certain pattern of calls.

Good luck.
June 15, 2005 6:09:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:22:05 -0400, sbdot <sbdot@mailandnews.com>
wrote:

>For what it's worth, the ass on the other end of the line told me that
>it was the first day of that new system's trial and that it *only* has
>issues when there's background noise. I was sarcastic and said,"You
>mean like when people are calling while, say, on the street, driving or
>in a mall, where almost every cell phone call originates from?"

Did you try pressing 0 from the automated system? Did you try saying
the word customer service or operator?

- -
Related resources
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 7:05:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

I use to manage a call centre, and those stats helped us determine
where to prioritize callers (so they can jump to the top of the queue),
what topics needed extra staffing, and what options should be made 7x24
as opposed to 5x12. I'm not saying Fido/Rogers takes advantage of this,
but I'm just saying many companies do.

Although ultimately it all goes into one call centre, its still good
the have the stats for other companies. Esp those that don't bother
training their CRMs to log calls properly.

Personally, I prefer emailing Fido and getting a response in my in-box
in a day or so. Saves me time and I don't have to deal with attitude.

Cheers,
tony.
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 8:17:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

tfortony@yahoo.com wrote:
> I don't have to call their 611 often, but when I do, I go through a
> little call tree and then get a person pretty quickly. The call tree is
> something all companies do, even competitive mobile services.

It is something to please some manager because he can *claim* he's
offloaded some load from humans and gets nice statistical reports of
what keys customers have pressed. Except for account balance/payment
which can be done fully automatically, any other information inevitably
ends up with the customer pressing 0 at some point.

Personally, I find I can press 0 right after I have entered my phone
number and get to a human fairly quickly without any stupid menus. I
don't bother with the menus anyumore.


> This way
> the call can be prioritized, routed to the proper dept., and/or logged
> to look for a certain pattern of calls.

Calls all end up in the same pool of 4 legged furry reps when you're in
the standard 611 system. The standard 4 legged furry reps can then
transfer you to approriate people (or more l;ikely simply relay your
question to the appropriate person and come back to you wit the answer.

One difference is at night where , except for a few hours, you can still
reach a human in case of network problems or stolen handset despite
offices being closed. (but you need to know how to navigate menus to get
to it).
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 9:23:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

BTW, the phone system in montreal /french is unchanged. No voice recog junk.

Since Fido is now a Toronto company, I suspect that the Rogers features
being foisted upon Fido customers will first appear in toronto where
Rogers has its major facilities. (It has little presence in québec).
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 2:46:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

In article <1118856211.191951.34450@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
Steve Sicherman <stevesicherman@gmail.com> wrote:
>Anybody know what the new voicemail number is in Toronto? I've been
>using *456 but it no longer works, neither does holding "1" that
>fido.ca suggests.
>

[Just realized I sent the original response by e-mail, here it is for the
group]

There is no new number, it has been 416-822-1123 for as long as
I've been with Fido (1998). The complete list is available here:

http://www.fido.ca/portal/en/support/coverage.shtml#ten
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 2:47:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

In article <d8s3ca$7he$1@netserver.EngineeringHarmonics.com>,
Jeff Bamford <jbamford@EngineeringHarmonics.com> wrote:
>
> There is no new number, it has been 416-822-1123 for as long as
>I've been with Fido (1998). The complete list is available here:
>

It appears that all of the shortcuts for voicemail access have
been removed.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 3:49:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:47:37 -0400, Jeff Bamford wrote:

> In article <d8s3ca$7he$1@netserver.EngineeringHarmonics.com>, Jeff Bamford
> <jbamford@EngineeringHarmonics.com> wrote:
>>
>> There is no new number, it has been 416-822-1123 for as long as
>>I've been with Fido (1998). The complete list is available here:
>>
>>
> It appears that all of the shortcuts for voicemail access have
> been removed.

Just tried it, worked fine.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 5:07:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido (More info?)

To reach a live person at Fido CSR, call 611 on your Fido cellphone, wait
for the recording to announce the options, then press zero ("0").

> From: "Steve Sicherman" <stevesicherman@gmail.com>
> Organization: http://groups.google.com
> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.fido
> Date: 15 Jun 2005 10:23:31 -0700
> Subject: Ridiculously bad customer service
>
>
> I attempted to call Fido and reach a human being, so much for that.
> Their customer service line sends you on a neverending journey through
> automated prompts.
>
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 5:41:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.fido,alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

New discussion group all about GSM cellular service in Canada
as provided by Rogers and Fido.
 
Homepage:   http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Rogers-Fido  
Group email:   Rogers-Fido@googlegroups.com
!