Can't delete folder

July 6, 2005 5:13:17 PM

I have a PC with a filder under the C drive called 'delete this', and a
sub folder called 'temp'. The sub folder has a + indicating there is
yet another sub folder, but when I try to open it, I get a window that
says
C:\Program Files\Iomega
C:\Program Files\delete this\temp is not accessible
Access is denied

I would like to delete this whole folder, but when I try to do this, I
get the same error.

I tried all the usual spyware/adware/virus scans, Add/Remove programs,
but it seems to have nothing to do with that.
Any suggestions?

More about : delete folder

July 6, 2005 7:14:29 PM

Isn't F8 supposed to bring up the boot options? It's not working. Is
there another key that will do this?

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> It would be best to boot into Safe Mode, search for the folder,
> then delete it.
>
> A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315222&Product=winxp
>
> Other Options:
>
> How to Delete A File That Is Seemingly "Undeletable"
> http://www.theeldergeek.com/delete_undeletable_file.htm
>
> Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881
>
> How to take ownership of a file or folder in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "gregf" wrote:
>
> | I have a PC with a filder under the C drive called 'delete this', and a
> | sub folder called 'temp'. The sub folder has a + indicating there is
> | yet another sub folder, but when I try to open it, I get a window that
> | says
> | C:\Program Files\Iomega
> | C:\Program Files\delete this\temp is not accessible
> | Access is denied
> |
> | I would like to delete this whole folder, but when I try to do this, I
> | get the same error.
> |
> | I tried all the usual spyware/adware/virus scans, Add/Remove programs,
> | but it seems to have nothing to do with that.
> | Any suggestions?
July 6, 2005 7:26:50 PM

After I turn it on, I start holding it down. I've tried just tapping it
too. Several times now. No go.
Related resources
July 6, 2005 8:01:11 PM

There's no f-lock key.
I did get the original problem solved though.
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 8:02:03 PM

"gregf" wrote:

| I have a PC with a filder under the C drive called 'delete this', and a
| sub folder called 'temp'. The sub folder has a + indicating there is
| yet another sub folder, but when I try to open it, I get a window that
| says
| C:\Program Files\Iomega
| C:\Program Files\delete this\temp is not accessible
| Access is denied
|
| I would like to delete this whole folder, but when I try to do this, I
| get the same error.
|
| I tried all the usual spyware/adware/virus scans, Add/Remove programs,
| but it seems to have nothing to do with that.
| Any suggestions?
Anonymous
July 6, 2005 9:48:19 PM

If your keyboard happens to have a F-Lock key, press it before
pressing F8 in order to enter Safe Mode.

"gregf" wrote:

| Isn't F8 supposed to bring up the boot options? It's not working. Is
| there another key that will do this?
July 7, 2005 12:39:27 AM

"" wrote:
> I have a PC with a filder under the C drive called 'delete
> this', and a
> sub folder called 'temp'. The sub folder has a + indicating
> there is
> yet another sub folder, but when I try to open it, I get a
> window that
> says
> C:p rogram FilesIomega
> C:p rogram Filesdelete thistemp is not accessible
> Access is denied
>
> I would like to delete this whole folder, but when I try to do
> this, I
> get the same error.
>
> I tried all the usual spyware/adware/virus scans, Add/Remove
> programs,
> but it seems to have nothing to do with that.
> Any suggestions?

sounds like you need to take owner ship of the folders, ope nthe
properties of delete this, and then go to security and click
advanced, then go to owner, and clikc on your user name, and clikc
"reset owner of subfolders..." and click ok, then add your self to
the permissons of the folder, ensure you have full control, and then
you should be ale to delete the folder, if your using XP home, you’ll
have to go into safe mode to do that.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-delete-fold...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1758394
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 3:22:15 AM

You need to press it at the right time. When are you uzsing the F8 key?

!