Conversion of the month!

Ladies n gentleman... you know him as the man who converted a GORF
into a PITFIGHTER last month.

He's done it again! and this time with no boundries!

http://tinyurl.com/9qtyl

Whomever you are ... I implore you... STOP.

- Matt

At least it was converted to Two Tigers before Arch Rivals!
Matty-t wrote:
> Ladies n gentleman... you know him as the man who converted a GORF
> into a PITFIGHTER last month.
>
> He's done it again! and this time with no boundries!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9qtyl
>
> Whomever you are ... I implore you... STOP.
>
> - Matt

I wonder if he will convert all those other classics in the backround
to more Arch Rivals, since there are obviusly not enough to go around
in this world.
~eric

wow thats bad...gotta love the Frankenpanel...

Hooo-wee! That's bad! And I should know, I hacked a Tron into a MAME
cab! (My apologies for my ignorance at the time, I was young and didn't
know any better)

Not really that bad looking. I sell games to a guy that makes everything
into a Golden Tee. I have seen Pengo, Asteroids, Pacman, Galaxian, Gorf,
Robocop, Bad Dudes, Tutankhem, Elevator Action, Qix, Eyes, and a bunch of
other cabinets. Mind you most of these are already converted, but he can
turn any cab with a good monitor into a Golden Tee. Doesn't matter what it
is!!!

Brian

"Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message

> Ladies n gentleman... you know him as the man who converted a GORF
> into a PITFIGHTER last month.
>
> He's done it again! and this time with no boundries!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9qtyl
>
> Whomever you are ... I implore you... STOP.
>
> - Matt

mark

I like it.I need firewood for this winter.I personally think it would burn
great.So it doe's have a value.About 2.00 worth of good burning wood.
"Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message

> Ladies n gentleman... you know him as the man who converted a GORF
> into a PITFIGHTER last month.
>
> He's done it again! and this time with no boundries!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9qtyl
>
> Whomever you are ... I implore you... STOP.
>
> - Matt

I would hope he's just buying these already converted, I think it would
be an awful lot of work to do a conversion from Tron to Arch Rivals,
just to sell on eBay (probably get more for the Tron) But Like Art
said, his cab his business. But why in the world would anyone buy an
Arch Rivals? I guess it's just not my thing...

Stop beating yourself up over it man. We all make mistakes. Shoot,
convert it back, and get yourself a cheap empty cab for your mame
setup. :) It's not like you converted a Computer Space into a Pac Man
:)

I'm sure that game was converted long before he got his hands on it.
Hell I'd just burn it :)

We just torched another 9 games yesterday

Can't beat a good fire!

Next I'm going to paint some classics the wrong color and sell them for
like 2-k each!

Watch the cry babies come out of the woodwork then ;)

The scary part is, people are bidding on his conversions !

Dane.

"Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message

> Ladies n gentleman... you know him as the man who converted a GORF
> into a PITFIGHTER last month.
>
> He's done it again! and this time with no boundries!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9qtyl
>
> Whomever you are ... I implore you... STOP.
>
> - Matt

I have a Tron in one of my lots that was turned into a rally bike....

Sad. Very sad. I want to convert it back, but I'd probably loose my rear on
it.

<joshers17@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> wow thats bad...gotta love the Frankenpanel...

and this is a problem because . . . ? Seller seems to have a good rep,
maybe a bit of a blowhard in his advertising but he definitely knows how to
sell. It all boils down to his cabinet, his choice, his business not yours.

--
Art
"Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message

> Ladies n gentleman... you know him as the man who converted a GORF
> into a PITFIGHTER last month.
>
> He's done it again! and this time with no boundries!
>
> http://tinyurl.com/9qtyl
>
> Whomever you are ... I implore you... STOP.
>
> - Matt

Is he actually converting all these games now to sell them? I figure
they're just conversions he picks up cheap and resells after a cleaning or
so. There are far more converted games out there than there are originals.
For an Op it's probably always going to be alot cheaper to buy a kit and
swap it into a game that's not making money anymore than to store every cab
(working or not) in hopes to resell it someday. Back in the 80s there was
no Ebay or worldwide outlet to sell or part out games on. I've restored
dozens of converted games and it's really not worth the time and effort to
make little $$ off of it just for resale anymore. If it's for your own
collection then it's totally worth it.. I've really slowed down reselling
games and working on them and have started working on my collection these
days. I don't have much room for a large collection but I don't need too
many games.

just my 2¢

Scott

"Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly A218@aol.com" <artgames@nycap.rr.com>
wrote in message news:QCj_e.8949$7b6.8384@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
> and this is a problem because . . . ? Seller seems to have a good rep,
> maybe a bit of a blowhard in his advertising but he definitely knows how
> to sell. It all boils down to his cabinet, his choice, his business not
> yours.
>
> --
> Art
> "Matty-t" <matthews@audio-doctors.com> wrote in message
>>

>> Ladies n gentleman... you know him as the man who converted a GORF
>> into a PITFIGHTER last month.
>>
>> He's done it again! and this time with no boundries!
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/9qtyl
>>
>> Whomever you are ... I implore you... STOP.
>>
>> - Matt

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:22:40 GMT, "Art Mallet - Artfromny - formerly
A218@aol.com" <artgames@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

>and this is a problem because . . . ? Seller seems to have a good rep,
>maybe a bit of a blowhard in his advertising but he definitely knows how to
>sell. It all boils down to his cabinet, his choice, his business not yours.

This is a newgroup full of COLLECTORS. This is the type of subject
that gets brought up and discussed in a collecting newsgroup. Don't
like it find a marketplace group to hang out in.

George

I'm pretty sure that Gorf was a conversion at the last auction. I
should have bid on the Missile command he is selling/sold but I had
already bought 2 games and my wife wasn't gonna like a third.
(Especially since the garage was full)

I think he just takes the best cabs from the auction and throws a
working boardset in them. I think he knows there are a lot of
collectors out there looking for the original stuff and doesn't butcher
anything original. he just takes the bad conversions nobody wants and
makes a few bucks off them.

Pat D.