No .exe extension in file list, Can't download any software!

July 6, 2005 6:59:02 PM

How can I add an extension like the executable? When I search in My Computer
-> Tools menu -> Options -> File Types, there are no .exe in that list. Could
this be why I can't complete any downloads?
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 12:14:47 PM

That's because it's hidden from you so you don't break your computer (after all there is no way to fix exe if exe are broken as you need a working exe association to fix a faulty one).

"SorentoTheCar" <SorentoTheCar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9049E80A-F912-4E50-91E0-A72A3240FB98@microsoft.com...
> How can I add an extension like the executable? When I search in My Computer
> -> Tools menu -> Options -> File Types, there are no .exe in that list. Could
> this be why I can't complete any downloads?
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 5:23:02 PM

Ok, but I still can't download any programs... Anybody with an answer to
that???
Thank u!

"SorentoTheCar" wrote:

> How can I add an extension like the executable? When I search in My Computer
> -> Tools menu -> Options -> File Types, there are no .exe in that list. Could
> this be why I can't complete any downloads?
July 8, 2005 3:36:27 AM

"" wrote:
> Ok, but I still can't download any programs... Anybody with an
> answer to
> that???
> Thank u!
>
> "SorentoTheCar" wrote:
>
> > How can I add an extension like the executable? When I
> search in My Computer
> > -> Tools menu -> Options -> File Types, there are no .exe in
> that list. Could
> > this be why I can't complete any downloads?

sounds like a third part security program (perhaps norton system
works?? may be Internet explorer security settings) is stopping you
from downloading exe’s you should examin the settings of any security
type software you are running, and internet explorer settings.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-exe-extensi...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1760124
!