No .exe extension in file list, Can't download any software!

How can I add an extension like the executable? When I search in My Computer
-> Tools menu -> Options -> File Types, there are no .exe in that list. Could
this be why I can't complete any downloads?
3 answers Last reply
More about extension file list download software

    That's because it's hidden from you so you don't break your computer (after all there is no way to fix exe if exe are broken as you need a working exe association to fix a faulty one).

    "SorentoTheCar" <SorentoTheCar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9049E80A-F912-4E50-91E0-A72A3240FB98@microsoft.com...
    > How can I add an extension like the executable? When I search in My Computer
    > -> Tools menu -> Options -> File Types, there are no .exe in that list. Could
    > this be why I can't complete any downloads?

    Ok, but I still can't download any programs... Anybody with an answer to
    that???
    Thank u!

    "" wrote:
    > Ok, but I still can't download any programs... Anybody with an
    > answer to
    > that???
    > Thank u!
    >
    > "SorentoTheCar" wrote:
    >
    > > How can I add an extension like the executable? When I
    > search in My Computer
    > > -> Tools menu -> Options -> File Types, there are no .exe in
    > that list. Could
    > > this be why I can't complete any downloads?

    sounds like a third part security program (perhaps norton system
    works?? may be Internet explorer security settings) is stopping you
    from downloading exe’s you should examin the settings of any security
    type software you are running, and internet explorer settings.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-exe-extension-file-list-download-software-ftopict553977.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1760124

Download Extension Software Windows XP