Folders Option

When trying to view photos (jpg files) that were sent to Outlook Express, it
gives me a message of "This file doesn't have a program associated w/it for
performing this action." I have gone into the Folders Options in the Control
Panel (as it states to do) and it seems that all of the Easyshare JPG options
are listed. It still won't allow me to view these photos. Is there something
else that I can do to correct this? Thanks!!
--
Kelly
2 answers Last reply

    I don't completely understand your post. For example, I am not familiar with
    what "Easyshare" is.

    So I will tell you what works for me then perhaps you can glean enough from
    my post to view your JPG files.

    In Windows Explorer go to Tools > Folder Options and select the tab named
    File Types.

    Scroll down to the JPG extension (if you press the 'J' key first it will get
    you there faster).

    Click the Change button and select "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer".
    Note: You may want to come back later and try a different app. but let's try
    this one first.

    Click OK, then click Close.

    In Outlook Express, go to Tools > Options and select the Security tab.
    UNcheck the selection "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that
    could potentially be a virus."

    Post back with your results.

    --
    Michael

    "rsclfltsfan" <rsclfltsfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When trying to view photos (jpg files) that were sent to Outlook Express,
    > it
    > gives me a message of "This file doesn't have a program associated w/it
    > for
    > performing this action." I have gone into the Folders Options in the
    > Control
    > Panel (as it states to do) and it seems that all of the Easyshare JPG
    > options
    > are listed. It still won't allow me to view these photos. Is there
    > something
    > else that I can do to correct this? Thanks!!
    > --
    > Kelly

    Kelly,

    Do you have SP2 installed? OE6 XP SP2 has a known issue with opening file
    attachments.

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "rsclfltsfan" <rsclfltsfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When trying to view photos (jpg files) that were sent to Outlook Express,
    > it
    > gives me a message of "This file doesn't have a program associated w/it
    > for
    > performing this action." I have gone into the Folders Options in the
    > Control
    > Panel (as it states to do) and it seems that all of the Easyshare JPG
    > options
    > are listed. It still won't allow me to view these photos. Is there
    > something
    > else that I can do to correct this? Thanks!!
    > --
    > Kelly

Outlook Express Support Microsoft Windows XP