This season will be boring....

Have a look at the premiership table. Going to be a BORING season. Now
the english premiership is just as boring as the norwegian and scottish
league with only 1-2 teams able to win the title.

Andy

Better of watching the Championship!! Far better football there!! :p

"Mr. Pink" <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> wrote in message
> Have a look at the premiership table. Going to be a BORING season. Now
> the english premiership is just as boring as the norwegian and scottish
> league with only 1-2 teams able to win the title.

>> Have a look at the premiership table. Going to be a BORING season. Now
>> the english premiership is just as boring as the norwegian and scottish
>> league with only 1-2 teams able to win the title.

Unless you happen to have the debilitating condition my friend Andy has -
he's a Plymouth supporter. I hope you all pray for him

Dy

"Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop" <shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote in

> And I hate, "We deserved to win" McLaren? Did he watch a different
> game, arsenal had 10 shots on target and Boro 3 or something lol.
> We outplayed them, and cygan went back to calamity. But it was
> "exciting" to watch, not just "oh well we're gonna win today,
> *yawns*".

According to Sky Sports, you each had 4 shots on target, Arsenal
managing to miss the target 4 more times though.

Anyway, what I was going to say is that I expect Arsenal will
struggle in patches this season with the lack of cover in midfield
and, especially, in defence. No-one can be sure that Campbell is
going to return and stay fit, whilst Cygan will be OK in Europe, he
has never handled Premiership life. In midfield, your definitely too
young, I can't believe Wenger didn't try and replace Vieira.

To be honest, I think we are both playing for second and third, can't
see anyone stopping Chelsea with that squad - a ridiculous strength
in depth is present there. CL is the only area where they could well
fall short again.

--
PG

PivotalG wrote:

> "Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop" <shadowalk@gmail.com> wrote in
>

>>And I hate, "We deserved to win" McLaren? Did he watch a different
>>game, arsenal had 10 shots on target and Boro 3 or something lol.
>>We outplayed them, and cygan went back to calamity. But it was
>>"exciting" to watch, not just "oh well we're gonna win today,
>>*yawns*".
>

> According to Sky Sports, you each had 4 shots on target, Arsenal
> managing to miss the target 4 more times though.
>
> Anyway, what I was going to say is that I expect Arsenal will
> struggle in patches this season with the lack of cover in midfield
> and, especially, in defence. No-one can be sure that Campbell is
> going to return and stay fit, whilst Cygan will be OK in Europe, he
> has never handled Premiership life. In midfield, your definitely too
> young, I can't believe Wenger didn't try and replace Vieira.
>
> To be honest, I think we are both playing for second and third, can't
> see anyone stopping Chelsea with that squad - a ridiculous strength
> in depth is present there. CL is the only area where they could well
> fall short again.

I think arsenal has decided to build a new team. They haven`t got the
money like chelsea does, so they do it the "proper" way.

> According to Sky Sports, you each had 4 shots on target, Arsenal
> managing to miss the target 4 more times though.

But this is Pete having a whinge.

It accompanies every time Arsenal don't win.

"Marc Robbins" <marc@NOSPAMrobbins46.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in

>> According to Sky Sports, you each had 4 shots on target, Arsenal
>> managing to miss the target 4 more times though.
>>
> But this is Pete having a whinge.
>
> It accompanies every time Arsenal don't win.

We should be thankful he doesn't support Sunderland then... ;)

It looks as if I'm not the only one who thinks Arsenal's squad is a
little on the thin side:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4235784.stm

--
PG

Em Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:10:05 -0300, Dynamic Forward
<30goals@season-backofthe.net> escreveu:

>>> Have a look at the premiership table. Going to be a BORING season. Now
>>> the english premiership is just as boring as the norwegian and scottish
>>> league with only 1-2 teams able to win the title.
>>

> Unless you happen to have the debilitating condition my friend Andy has -
> he's a Plymouth supporter. I hope you all pray for him
>
> Dy

oh God I'm not alone?

--
Eduardo Liguori

Usando o M2, revolucionário cliente de correio do Opera:
http://www.opera.com/m2/

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:08:42 +0200, "Mr. Pink"
<TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> schreibt:

>Have a look at the premiership table. Going to be a BORING season. Now
>the english premiership is just as boring as the norwegian and scottish
>league with only 1-2 teams able to win the title.

Have you actually seen the Scottish league table? Have you actually
seen any of the games? Our league is like the middle 12 of the
Premiership at the moment - it seems anyone can beat anyone, or at
least give them a hard day at the office.

Your days of stereotyping and prejudice against the Scottish league
are NUMBERED!!!

"Græme" <shark@pool.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:08:42 +0200, "Mr. Pink"
> <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> schreibt:
>
>>Have a look at the premiership table. Going to be a BORING season. Now
>>the english premiership is just as boring as the norwegian and scottish
>>league with only 1-2 teams able to win the title.
>
> Have you actually seen the Scottish league table? Have you actually
> seen any of the games? Our league is like the middle 12 of the
> Premiership at the moment - it seems anyone can beat anyone, or at
> least give them a hard day at the office.
>
> Your days of stereotyping and prejudice against the Scottish league
> are NUMBERED!!!

Nah, i think you'll find the only person who's stereotyped in this forum
with regard to england or scotland in the past couple of weeks is you
graeme.

--
Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/

Græme <shark@pool.com> wrote in

> Have you actually seen the Scottish league table?

No, there was a coupon for a free bog roll on the other side of the
paper.

> Have you actually seen any of the games?

Good god no!

> Our league is like the middle 12 of the League Two at the moment
^^^^^^^^^^

Amended for you.

> Your days of stereotyping and prejudice against the Scottish
> league are SAFE!!!
^^^^^^^

And again...

:))))

--
PG

PivotalG <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in

<snip all>

Apologies for the random ^^^^^^^^^^^^ - they had a few too many.

:)

--
PG

Græme wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 20:08:42 +0200, "Mr. Pink"
> <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> schreibt:
>

>>Have a look at the premiership table. Going to be a BORING season. Now
>>the english premiership is just as boring as the norwegian and scottish
>>league with only 1-2 teams able to win the title.
>

> Have you actually seen the Scottish league table? Have you actually
> seen any of the games? Our league is like the middle 12 of the
> Premiership at the moment - it seems anyone can beat anyone, or at
> least give them a hard day at the office.
>
> Your days of stereotyping and prejudice against the Scottish league
> are NUMBERED!!!

Right, so Celtic or Rangers won`t win this season then...ha ha ha.

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:54:37 +0200, "Mr. Pink"
<TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> schreibt:

>>>Have a look at the premiership table. Going to be a BORING season. Now
>>>the english premiership is just as boring as the norwegian and scottish
>>>league with only 1-2 teams able to win the title.
>>

>> Have you actually seen the Scottish league table? Have you actually
>> seen any of the games? Our league is like the middle 12 of the
>> Premiership at the moment - it seems anyone can beat anyone, or at
>> least give them a hard day at the office.
>>
>> Your days of stereotyping and prejudice against the Scottish league
>> are NUMBERED!!!

>Right, so Celtic or Rangers won`t win this season then...ha ha ha.

I didn't say that. I said that it looks like more than a 2 horse race
at the moment. I've seen pretty much every game on the Setanta Sports
coverage and even if Rangers or Celtic do win, it sure as hell won't
be without a really good fight from the other teams (ie Hearts, Hibs,
Aberdeen).

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 18:08:31 GMT, "Pete \"Old boy\" Heslop"
<shadowalk@gmail.com> schreibt:

>>>Have a look at the premiership table. Going to be a BORING season. Now
>>>the english premiership is just as boring as the norwegian and scottish
>>>league with only 1-2 teams able to win the title.
>>
>> Have you actually seen the Scottish league table? Have you actually
>> seen any of the games? Our league is like the middle 12 of the
>> Premiership at the moment - it seems anyone can beat anyone, or at
>> least give them a hard day at the office.
>>
>> Your days of stereotyping and prejudice against the Scottish league
>> are NUMBERED!!!
>>

>Nah, i think you'll find the only person who's stereotyped in this forum
>with regard to england or scotland in the past couple of weeks is you
>graeme.

I did? Where? A message header or date/time will do.

> I didn't say that. I said that it looks like more than a 2 horse
> race at the moment. I've seen pretty much every game on the
> Setanta Sports coverage and even if Rangers or Celtic do win, it
> sure as hell won't be without a really good fight from the other
> teams (ie Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen).

We're in September.. it'll be the piss poor contest it always is come
the end of the season.

--
PG

On 14 Sep 2005 18:26:34 GMT, PivotalG <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com>
schreibt:

>> I didn't say that. I said that it looks like more than a 2 horse
>> race at the moment. I've seen pretty much every game on the
>> Setanta Sports coverage and even if Rangers or Celtic do win, it
>> sure as hell won't be without a really good fight from the other
>> teams (ie Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen).
>
>We're in September.. it'll be the piss poor contest it always is come
>the end of the season.

<SAVED> for future reference :)

In all seriousness, it doesn't look that way at the moment. Rangers
have bigger fish to fry at the moment and Celtic's back line has
looked fragile all season - plus they have Strachan in charge. The
other teams look up for the fight this year. It will be tight at the
top, (1 CL place only this year) and tighter for the other Euro places
no doubt.