cannot access user accounts in control panel or computer m..

Ralph

I have one pc, not networked, and only one user account. The welcome page
appears without an icon or username to click on. I control/alt/del twice,
and get a logon box which allows me to logon. I go to the contol panel, and
it won't let me open user accounts. It says to restart the computer and try
again. That doesn't work. I right click my computer, then manage, and users
aren't listed on the left.
A few weeks ago, this computer was experiencing a similar problem, but I
wasn't able to logon at all, and needed to reinstall windows. I was unable to
access the recovery console because it was asking for an administrator
password, and I never set on. Before this happened, it had been showing a
message saying that the registry had to recover data, and that that was
successful.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

adaware error Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe:
http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html

--
Mark L. Ferguson