Can't delete Altnet reg key

I'm trying to delete a registry entry, Altnet (with Dashboard and
Messages as subfolders), and it says Cannot Delete, Error While
Deleting. I've tried to change the permissions by going to
Permissions-advanced-owner, and I get the error Could Not Set owner for
selected key or subkeys.
Certainly there must be a way for Admin to delete a regkey, with out
wiping out the hard drive.
Adaware has found this key in it's scan, but telling it to delete it
does not work.
21 answers Last reply
More about delete altnet

    Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut and paste
    it back here to the group so that it can be analyzed.

    HijackThis

    <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to delete a registry entry, Altnet (with Dashboard and
    > Messages as subfolders), and it says Cannot Delete, Error While
    > Deleting. I've tried to change the permissions by going to
    > Permissions-advanced-owner, and I get the error Could Not Set owner for
    > selected key or subkeys.
    > Certainly there must be a way for Admin to delete a regkey, with out
    > wiping out the hard drive.
    > Adaware has found this key in it's scan, but telling it to delete it
    > does not work.

    To my knowledge, people in this group do not analyze HiJack This logs. If
    you want to do it, have them sent to your e-mail address please.

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
    > Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut and
    > paste it back here to the group so that it can be analyzed.
    >
    > HijackThis
    > http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

    > <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
    >> I'm trying to delete a registry entry, Altnet (with Dashboard and
    >> Messages as subfolders), and it says Cannot Delete, Error While
    >> Deleting. I've tried to change the permissions by going to
    >> Permissions-advanced-owner, and I get the error Could Not Set owner for
    >> selected key or subkeys.
    >> Certainly there must be a way for Admin to delete a regkey, with out
    >> wiping out the hard drive.
    >> Adaware has found this key in it's scan, but telling it to delete it
    >> does not work.

    I do not answer NG post in email unless I answer them in an email. By
    posting it here it gives everybody a chance to recognize patterns of spyware
    by what is being removed and they can learn from it.

    > To my knowledge, people in this group do not analyze HiJack This logs. If
    > you want to do it, have them sent to your e-mail address please.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    >
    > If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >

    > "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
    >> Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut and
    >> paste it back here to the group so that it can be analyzed.
    >>
    >> HijackThis
    >> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
    >>
    >> --

    >> <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
    >>> I'm trying to delete a registry entry, Altnet (with Dashboard and
    >>> Messages as subfolders), and it says Cannot Delete, Error While
    >>> Deleting. I've tried to change the permissions by going to
    >>> Permissions-advanced-owner, and I get the error Could Not Set owner for
    >>> selected key or subkeys.
    >>> Certainly there must be a way for Admin to delete a regkey, with out
    >>> wiping out the hard drive.
    >>> Adaware has found this key in it's scan, but telling it to delete it
    >>> does not work.

    This is not the forum for Hijack This.

    --

    >I do not answer NG post in email unless I answer them in an email. By
    >posting it here it gives everybody a chance to recognize patterns of
    >spyware by what is being removed and they can learn from it.

    >> To my knowledge, people in this group do not analyze HiJack This logs. If
    >> you want to do it, have them sent to your e-mail address please.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Richard Urban
    >>
    >> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >>

    >> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
    >>> Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut and
    >>> paste it back here to the group so that it can be analyzed.
    >>>
    >>> HijackThis
    >>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>

    >>> The best live web video on the internet
    >>> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    >>> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    >>> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    >>> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    >>>

    >>> <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message

    So you send everyone with spyware issues to HijackThis forums? The name of
    this group is called microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support, spyware is
    a problem with windows why does that bother you. I am not asking you to
    analyze his log I can do that.

    > This is not the forum for Hijack This.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Richard Urban
    >
    > If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >

    > "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
    >>I do not answer NG post in email unless I answer them in an email. By
    >>posting it here it gives everybody a chance to recognize patterns of
    >>spyware by what is being removed and they can learn from it.
    >>
    >> --

    >> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> To my knowledge, people in this group do not analyze HiJack This logs.
    >>> If you want to do it, have them sent to your e-mail address please.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Regards,
    >>>
    >>> Richard Urban
    >>>
    >>> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
    >>>

    >>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message

    **So tell him to send his 45k file to you if you want to offer this
    service.**

    --

    > So you send everyone with spyware issues to HijackThis forums? The name of
    > this group is called microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support, spyware
    > is a problem with windows why does that bother you. I am not asking you to
    > analyze his log I can do that.

    >> This is not the forum for Hijack This.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Richard Urban
    >>
    >> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
    >>

    >> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
    >>>I do not answer NG post in email unless I answer them in an email. By
    >>>posting it here it gives everybody a chance to recognize patterns of
    >>>spyware by what is being removed and they can learn from it.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>

    >>> The best live web video on the internet
    >>> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    >>> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    >>> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    >>> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    >>>

    >>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    Well I'm real sorry Mr. Gates, If you don't want to read a 45k file then
    don't. You are not the one asking for help. Better yet why don't you kill
    file me so you don't have to see any more of my posts.

    > Well I'm real sorry Mr. Gates, If you don't want to read a 45k file
    > then don't. You are not the one asking for help. Better yet why don't
    > you kill file me so you don't have to see any more of my posts.

    Do not listen to Richard, he was just recently awarded **MVP** status,
    what a joke!!! Now he thinks he is GOD or something. He is not a very
    technical skilled person. He thinks he is...just look at his signature.

    My signature has been such for about a year now and is as much a reminder to
    ME that I don't know everything. Do you?

    --
    Regards,

    Richard Urban

    Quote from: George Ankner

    "Douglas" <dougrfeds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
    >> Well I'm real sorry Mr. Gates, If you don't want to read a 45k file then
    >> don't. You are not the one asking for help. Better yet why don't you kill
    >> file me so you don't have to see any more of my posts.
    >>

    > Do not listen to Richard, he was just recently awarded **MVP** status,
    > what a joke!!! Now he thinks he is GOD or something. He is not a very
    > technical skilled person. He thinks he is...just look at his signature.

    Well as controversial as it is, here is the log file:

    Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\ActivityDisk.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\NPROTECT.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
    C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\CsinsmNT.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Annex Six\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
    http://www.aurafice.com/
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
    http://www.aurafice.com/
    R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title =
    Microsoft Internet Explorer
    N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage",
    "http://www.aurafice.com"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Annex
    Six\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\kjpofp8x.slt\prefs.js)
    N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine",
    "engine://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%206%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src");
    (C:\Documents and Settings\Annex Six\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\kjpofp8x.slt\prefs.js)
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
    - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: IE Privacy Keeper - Last IE Window Detector -
    {1201333E-BAD9-481C-BCF5-6904498CF85B} - C:\Cleaning Tools\IE Privacy
    Keeper\IEPKbho.dll
    O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper -
    {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program
    files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} -
    C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} -
    c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6}
    - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [imjpmig]
    C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\imjpmig.exe /RemAdvDef /AIMEREG
    /Migration /SetPreload
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ICQ Net]
    C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\winlogon.exe -stealth
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DateCheck]
    C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\imjpmig.exe /RemAdvDef /AIMEREG
    /Migration /SetPreload
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ADUserMon] C:\Program
    Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD
    Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program
    Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
    Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QD FastAndSafe] C:\Program Files\Norton
    SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\QDCSFS.exe /startup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor]
    C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [CafeAgent] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CafeAgent.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] "C:\Program Files\Norton
    SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A}
    /MODE CfgWiz
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe"
    /background
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common
    Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program
    Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program
    Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: CleanSweep Smart Sweep-Internet Sweep.lnk =
    C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\CsinsmNT.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
    O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel
    present
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program
    Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word -
    res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program
    Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page -
    res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel -
    res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program
    Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
    O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English -
    res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} -
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console -
    {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program
    Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
    O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} -
    C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {AFC3FA82-AD07-45cd-8B57-983435B9899E} -
    (no file)
    O9 - Extra button: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} -
    C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ Lite -
    {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program
    Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} -
    (no file)
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger -
    {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} -
    C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger -
    {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} -
    C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
    O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} -
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger -
    {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program
    Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    O12 - Plugin for .bcf: C:\Program Files\Internet
    Explorer\Plugins\NPBelv32.dll
    O12 - Plugin for .htm: C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape
    Browser\PLUGINS\npTrident.dll
    O16 - DPF: HushEncryptionEngine -
    https://mailserver2.hushmail.com/hushmail/HushEncryptionEngine.cab
    O16 - DPF: {130AC32C-DE0D-43EF-AD82-2599E9F95153} (XEng001.XEng001Ctl)
    - http://iii.tv/pink/001/XEng001.CAB
    O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine
    Advantage Validation Tool) -
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid=0x409
    O16 - DPF: {1E2941E3-8E63-11D4-9D5A-00902742D6E0} (iNotes Class) -
    http://smtp.cfr.org/iNotes.cab
    O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio
    Conferencing) -
    http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/chat/applet/v45/yacscom.cab
    O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class)
    -
    http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/yinst20040510.cab
    O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download
    Control Class) -
    http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_1_0_0_44.cab
    O16 - DPF: {3FE16C08-D6A7-4133-84FC-D5BFB4F7D886} (WebGameLoader Class)
    - http://zone.msn.com/bingame/rtlw/default/ReflexiveWebGameLoader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) -
    http://207.188.7.150/067b8c2e835391b29422/netzip/RdxIE601.cab
    O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class)
    -
    http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1120073847916
    O16 - DPF: {64D01C7F-810D-446E-A07E-16C764235644}
    (AtlAtomadersCtlAttrib Class) -
    http://zone.msn.com/bingame/amad/default/atomaders.cab
    O16 - DPF: {67085ECE-F45C-482A-B47B-30B5214EA18E} (AtlFlip Class) -
    http://www.flipviewer.com/exe/fvlite.cab
    O16 - DPF: {6BB594E2-6E4D-4CC9-98B0-931C323F9165} (DepHlp Control) -
    http://mirror.worldwinner.com/games/shared/dephlp.cab
    O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} (Yahoo! Audio UI1) -
    http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9059F30F-4EB1-4BD2-9FDC-36F43A218F4A} (Microsoft RDP Client
    Control (redist)) - http://talonnw.com/ts/ts1/msrdp.cab
    O16 - DPF: {A031D222-B496-11D2-9CC8-00105A10AAF6} -
    http://www.flipside.com/cab/WONWebLauncherControl.cab
    O16 - DPF: {AECD14A8-F662-11D1-A395-00805F535788} (Plotwon Control) -
    http://www.investors.com/member/ocx/plotwon.ocx
    O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF}
    (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) -
    http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMessengerSetupDownloader.cab
    O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) -
    http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab34246.cab
    O16 - DPF: {CA797B15-445F-4AA9-9828-8A88502F560F} (Uninstall Control) -
    http://www.worldwinner.com/games/shared/uninstall.cab
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime
    Environment 1.4.0_01) -
    O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0001-0002-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime
    Environment 1.4.1_02) -
    O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object)
    -
    http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_games/popcap/insaniquarium/popcaploader_v6.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E9348280-2D74-4933-BE25-73D946926795} (DeviceEnum Class) -
    http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn/install/hpbasicdetection3.cab
    O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj
    Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/sj/en/check/qdiagh.cab?322
    O16 - DPF: {EF0DBA6F-43CE-4B26-9808-2AB38FA0DB29} (MSN Money Ticker) -
    http://fdl.msn.com/public/investor/v13/ticker.cab
    O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control
    4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
    O16 - DPF: {FEC3E5A3-50F7-4B0C-97D8-01CF69DFBFC7} (Measurement Service
    Client) - http://ccon.madonion.com/global/msc.cab
    O17 -
    HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{33ADE650-5DF5-409B-AADE-1EA09EB3810E}:
    NameServer = 64.65.128.6,66.213.224.2
    O17 -
    HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{824A9F86-FD77-4C65-910C-F10EAF319832}:
    NameServer = 64.65.128.6,66.213.224.2
    O17 -
    HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D877B556-6FC7-47E2-94DA-4B2A193C1C1C}:
    NameServer = 216.231.41.22,216.231.41.2
    O17 -
    HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D96BE51B-86B2-4B7B-9103-04C01CF341B2}:
    Domain = aurafice
    O17 -
    HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D96BE51B-86B2-4B7B-9103-04C01CF341B2}:
    NameServer = 64.65.128.6,66.213.224.2
    O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online,
    Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation
    - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec
    Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
    Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec
    Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
    Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    O23 - Service: Iomega Activity Disk2 - Iomega Corporation -
    C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\ActivityDisk.exe
    O23 - Service: Iomega App Services - Iomega Corporation -
    C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
    O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. -
    C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) -
    Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton
    AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) -
    Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton
    AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
    O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec
    Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\NPROTECT.EXE
    O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton
    SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec
    Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec
    Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation -
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation -
    C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
    O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program
    Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation -
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security
    Center\SymWSC.exe
    O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) -
    America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
    O23 - Service: Iomega Active Disk (_IOMEGA_ACTIVE_DISK_SERVICE_) -
    Iomega Corporation - C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe

    Well I still can't delete the registry entry, and Adaware finds it but
    can't delete it. I don't understand how Admin can't delete it, like
    Admin does not have control of everything.

    pcbutts1 wrote:
> [...]
    > -
    > http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_games/popcap/insaniquarium/popcaploader_v6.cab
    > O16 - DPF: {E9348280-2D74-4933-BE25-73D946926795} (DeviceEnum Class) -
    > http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn/install/hpbasicdetection3.cab
    > O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj
    > Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/sj/en/check/qdiagh.cab?322
    > O16 - DPF: {EF0DBA6F-43CE-4B26-9808-2AB38FA0DB29} (MSN Money Ticker) -
    > http://fdl.msn.com/public/investor/v13/ticker.cab
    > O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control
    > 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
    > O16 - DPF: {FEC3E5A3-50F7-4B0C-97D8-01CF69DFBFC7} (Measurement Service
    > Client) - http://ccon.madonion.com/global/msc.cab

    > <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
    > > Well as controversial as it is, here is the log file:

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    I don't quite undertand what all of this is so I don't want to just
    start removing things, but there are a few more entried that look odd
    to me, like Game Loader, and File Planet. Should I maybe try those next?
  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Yeah, it won't let me change permissions. Strange.
  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    I'm not sure what that is I guess. Is that another program?
  15. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Hey, that did it! That registry editor was able to delete it. Now the
    whole thing is gone from my system. thanks!
  16. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

> [...]

    -
    http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_games/popcap/insaniquarium/popcaploader_v6.cab
    O16 - DPF: {E9348280-2D74-4933-BE25-73D946926795} (DeviceEnum Class) -
    http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn/install/hpbasicdetection3.cab
    O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj
    Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/sj/en/check/qdiagh.cab?322
    O16 - DPF: {EF0DBA6F-43CE-4B26-9808-2AB38FA0DB29} (MSN Money Ticker) -
    http://fdl.msn.com/public/investor/v13/ticker.cab
    O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control
    4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
    O16 - DPF: {FEC3E5A3-50F7-4B0C-97D8-01CF69DFBFC7} (Measurement Service
    Client) - http://ccon.madonion.com/global/msc.cab

    <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
    > Well as controversial as it is, here is the log file:

  17. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    DPF stands for Downloaded Program Files they are stored in a folder with the
    same name on your hard drive. In that folder contains programs you
    downloaded and installed from the Internet. Examples of programs include
    Plug-ins (i.e. flash), ActiveX Controls and more. They are not needed. If
    you delete them they will be re-download as needed when you visit those
    sites again. Have you tried changing permissions on that reg key by right
    clicking the folder or using regedt32 instead of regedit?

    >I don't quite undertand what all of this is so I don't want to just
    > start removing things, but there are a few more entried that look odd
    > to me, like Game Loader, and File Planet. Should I maybe try those next?

  18. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Try regedt32

    > Yeah, it won't let me change permissions. Strange.

  19. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Also try this reg editor program to delete it.
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/reglite.exe

    <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
    > Yeah, it won't let me change permissions. Strange.

  20. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141377

    > I'm not sure what that is I guess. Is that another program?

  21. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    You're Welcome.

    > Hey, that did it! That registry editor was able to delete it. Now the
    > whole thing is gone from my system. thanks!

Microsoft Permissions Windows XP