Can't delete Altnet reg key

July 6, 2005 7:50:01 PM

I'm trying to delete a registry entry, Altnet (with Dashboard and
Messages as subfolders), and it says Cannot Delete, Error While
Deleting. I've tried to change the permissions by going to
Permissions-advanced-owner, and I get the error Could Not Set owner for
selected key or subkeys.
Certainly there must be a way for Admin to delete a regkey, with out
wiping out the hard drive.
Adaware has found this key in it's scan, but telling it to delete it
does not work.

More about : delete altnet reg key

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 3:49:04 AM

Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut and paste
it back here to the group so that it can be analyzed.

HijackThis

<gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
> I'm trying to delete a registry entry, Altnet (with Dashboard and
> Messages as subfolders), and it says Cannot Delete, Error While
> Deleting. I've tried to change the permissions by going to
> Permissions-advanced-owner, and I get the error Could Not Set owner for
> selected key or subkeys.
> Certainly there must be a way for Admin to delete a regkey, with out
> wiping out the hard drive.
> Adaware has found this key in it's scan, but telling it to delete it
> does not work.

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 3:49:05 AM

To my knowledge, people in this group do not analyze HiJack This logs. If
you want to do it, have them sent to your e-mail address please.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

"pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
> Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut and
> paste it back here to the group so that it can be analyzed.
>
> HijackThis
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

> <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to delete a registry entry, Altnet (with Dashboard and
>> Messages as subfolders), and it says Cannot Delete, Error While
>> Deleting. I've tried to change the permissions by going to
>> Permissions-advanced-owner, and I get the error Could Not Set owner for
>> selected key or subkeys.
>> Certainly there must be a way for Admin to delete a regkey, with out
>> wiping out the hard drive.
>> Adaware has found this key in it's scan, but telling it to delete it
>> does not work.

July 7, 2005 6:06:38 AM

I do not answer NG post in email unless I answer them in an email. By
posting it here it gives everybody a chance to recognize patterns of spyware
by what is being removed and they can learn from it.

news:o 6FBbPpgFHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> To my knowledge, people in this group do not analyze HiJack This logs. If
> you want to do it, have them sent to your e-mail address please.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>

> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
>> Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut and
>> paste it back here to the group so that it can be analyzed.
>>
>> HijackThis
>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
>>
>> --

>> <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
>>> I'm trying to delete a registry entry, Altnet (with Dashboard and
>>> Messages as subfolders), and it says Cannot Delete, Error While
>>> Deleting. I've tried to change the permissions by going to
>>> Permissions-advanced-owner, and I get the error Could Not Set owner for
>>> selected key or subkeys.
>>> Certainly there must be a way for Admin to delete a regkey, with out
>>> wiping out the hard drive.
>>> Adaware has found this key in it's scan, but telling it to delete it
>>> does not work.

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 6:06:39 AM

This is not the forum for Hijack This.

--

news:o 60ze.1915$Tc6.1784@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>I do not answer NG post in email unless I answer them in an email. By
>posting it here it gives everybody a chance to recognize patterns of
>spyware by what is being removed and they can learn from it.

> news:o 6FBbPpgFHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> To my knowledge, people in this group do not analyze HiJack This logs. If
>> you want to do it, have them sent to your e-mail address please.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>>

>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
>>> Download Hijack this, run it, save a copy of the log file and cut and
>>> paste it back here to the group so that it can be analyzed.
>>>
>>> HijackThis
>>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> The best live web video on the internet
>>> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>>> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>>> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>>> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>>>

>>> <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 7:29:53 AM

So you send everyone with spyware issues to HijackThis forums? The name of
this group is called microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support, spyware is
a problem with windows why does that bother you. I am not asking you to
analyze his log I can do that.

news:o U188BqgFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> This is not the forum for Hijack This.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>

> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
> news:o 60ze.1915$Tc6.1784@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>I do not answer NG post in email unless I answer them in an email. By
>>posting it here it gives everybody a chance to recognize patterns of
>>spyware by what is being removed and they can learn from it.
>>
>> --

>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o 6FBbPpgFHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>> To my knowledge, people in this group do not analyze HiJack This logs.
>>> If you want to do it, have them sent to your e-mail address please.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>>
>>> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
>>>

>>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 7:29:54 AM

**So tell him to send his 45k file to you if you want to offer this
service.**

--

> So you send everyone with spyware issues to HijackThis forums? The name of
> this group is called microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support, spyware
> is a problem with windows why does that bother you. I am not asking you to
> analyze his log I can do that.

> news:o U188BqgFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> This is not the forum for Hijack This.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>>

>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
>> news:o 60ze.1915$Tc6.1784@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
>>>I do not answer NG post in email unless I answer them in an email. By
>>>posting it here it gives everybody a chance to recognize patterns of
>>>spyware by what is being removed and they can learn from it.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> The best live web video on the internet
>>> http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>>> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
>>> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
>>> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
>>>

>>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:o 6FBbPpgFHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
July 7, 2005 8:27:24 AM

Well I'm real sorry Mr. Gates, If you don't want to read a 45k file then
don't. You are not the one asking for help. Better yet why don't you kill
file me so you don't have to see any more of my posts.

> **So tell him to send his 45k file to you if you want to offer this
> service.**
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>

> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
>> So you send everyone with spyware issues to HijackThis forums? The name
>> of this group is called microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,
>> spyware is a problem with windows why does that bother you. I am not
>> asking you to analyze his log I can do that.
>>
>> --

>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:o U188BqgFHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> This is not the forum for Hijack This.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>>
>>> If you knew as much as you thought you know,
>>> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
>>>

>>> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
>>> news:o 60ze.1915$Tc6.1784@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...

July 7, 2005 8:27:25 AM

> Well I'm real sorry Mr. Gates, If you don't want to read a 45k file
> then don't. You are not the one asking for help. Better yet why don't
> you kill file me so you don't have to see any more of my posts.

Do not listen to Richard, he was just recently awarded **MVP** status,
what a joke!!! Now he thinks he is GOD or something. He is not a very
technical skilled person. He thinks he is...just look at his signature.
Anonymous
July 7, 2005 10:44:30 AM

My signature has been such for about a year now and is as much a reminder to
ME that I don't know everything. Do you?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

Quote from: George Ankner

"Douglas" <dougrfeds@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "pcbutts1" <pcbutts1@thisoldtreehouse.com> wrote in message
>> Well I'm real sorry Mr. Gates, If you don't want to read a 45k file then
>> don't. You are not the one asking for help. Better yet why don't you kill
>> file me so you don't have to see any more of my posts.
>>

> Do not listen to Richard, he was just recently awarded **MVP** status,
> what a joke!!! Now he thinks he is GOD or something. He is not a very
> technical skilled person. He thinks he is...just look at his signature.

July 7, 2005 9:28:22 PM

Well as controversial as it is, here is the log file:

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\ActivityDisk.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\CsinsmNT.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntvdm.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Annex Six\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
http://www.aurafice.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page =
http://www.aurafice.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title =
Microsoft Internet Explorer
N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.startup.homepage",
"http://www.aurafice.com"); (C:\Documents and Settings\Annex
Six\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\kjpofp8x.slt\prefs.js)
N4 - Mozilla: user_pref("browser.search.defaultengine",
"engine://C%3A%5CProgram%20Files%5CNetscape%5CNetscape%206%5Csearchplugins%5CSBWeb_01.src");
(C:\Documents and Settings\Annex Six\Application
Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\kjpofp8x.slt\prefs.js)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
- C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: IE Privacy Keeper - Last IE Window Detector -
{1201333E-BAD9-481C-BCF5-6904498CF85B} - C:\Cleaning Tools\IE Privacy
Keeper\IEPKbho.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper -
{AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program
files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} -
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} -
c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6}
- C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [imjpmig]
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\imjpmig.exe /RemAdvDef /AIMEREG
/Migration /SetPreload
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ICQ Net]
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\winlogon.exe -stealth
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DateCheck]
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$\imjpmig.exe /RemAdvDef /AIMEREG
/Migration /SetPreload
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ADUserMon] C:\Program
Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADUserMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD
Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QD FastAndSafe] C:\Program Files\Norton
SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\QDCSFS.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor]
C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [CafeAgent] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CafeAgent.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Norton SystemWorks] "C:\Program Files\Norton
SystemWorks\cfgwiz.exe" /GUID {05858CFD-5CC4-4ceb-AAAF-CF00BF39736A}
/MODE CfgWiz
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe"
/background
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program
Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: America Online 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program
Files\America Online 9.0\aoltray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: CleanSweep Smart Sweep-Internet Sweep.lnk =
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton CleanSweep\CsinsmNT.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel
present
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program
Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word -
res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program
Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page -
res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel -
res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program
Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English -
res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} -
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console -
{08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} -
C:\Program Files\AIM95\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {AFC3FA82-AD07-45cd-8B57-983435B9899E} -
(no file)
O9 - Extra button: ICQ Lite - {B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} -
C:\Program Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: ICQ Lite -
{B863453A-26C3-4e1f-A54D-A2CD196348E9} - C:\Program
Files\ICQLite\ICQLite.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} -
(no file)
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger -
{E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} -
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger -
{E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} -
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} -
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger -
{FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program
Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .bcf: C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\Plugins\NPBelv32.dll
O12 - Plugin for .htm: C:\Program Files\Netscape\Netscape
Browser\PLUGINS\npTrident.dll
O16 - DPF: HushEncryptionEngine -
https://mailserver2.hushmail.com/hushmail/HushEncryptio...
O16 - DPF: {130AC32C-DE0D-43EF-AD82-2599E9F95153} (XEng001.XEng001Ctl)
- http://iii.tv/pink/001/XEng001.CAB
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine
Advantage Validation Tool) -
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid=0x40...
O16 - DPF: {1E2941E3-8E63-11D4-9D5A-00902742D6E0} (iNotes Class) -
http://smtp.cfr.org/iNotes.cab
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio
Conferencing) -
http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/chat/applet/v45/...
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class)
-
http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/dl/installs/y...
O16 - DPF: {39B0684F-D7BF-4743-B050-FDC3F48F7E3B} (FilePlanet Download
Control Class) -
http://www.fileplanet.com/fpdlmgr/cabs/FPDC_1_0_0_44.ca...
O16 - DPF: {3FE16C08-D6A7-4133-84FC-D5BFB4F7D886} (WebGameLoader Class)
- http://zone.msn.com/bingame/rtlw/default/ReflexiveWebGa...
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) -
http://207.188.7.150/067b8c2e835391b29422/netzip/RdxIE6...
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class)
-
http://update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls...
O16 - DPF: {64D01C7F-810D-446E-A07E-16C764235644}
(AtlAtomadersCtlAttrib Class) -
http://zone.msn.com/bingame/amad/default/atomaders.cab
O16 - DPF: {67085ECE-F45C-482A-B47B-30B5214EA18E} (AtlFlip Class) -
http://www.flipviewer.com/exe/fvlite.cab
O16 - DPF: {6BB594E2-6E4D-4CC9-98B0-931C323F9165} (DepHlp Control) -
http://mirror.worldwinner.com/games/shared/dephlp.cab
O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} (Yahoo! Audio UI1) -
http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
O16 - DPF: {9059F30F-4EB1-4BD2-9FDC-36F43A218F4A} (Microsoft RDP Client
Control (redist)) - http://talonnw.com/ts/ts1/msrdp.cab
O16 - DPF: {A031D222-B496-11D2-9CC8-00105A10AAF6} -
http://www.flipside.com/cab/WONWebLauncherControl.cab
O16 - DPF: {AECD14A8-F662-11D1-A395-00805F535788} (Plotwon Control) -
http://www.investors.com/member/ocx/plotwon.ocx
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF}
(MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) -
http://messenger.msn.com/download/MsnMessengerSetupDown...
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (ZoneIntro Class) -
http://zone.msn.com/binFramework/v10/ZIntro.cab34246.ca...
O16 - DPF: {CA797B15-445F-4AA9-9828-8A88502F560F} (Uninstall Control) -
http://www.worldwinner.com/games/shared/uninstall.cab
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime
Environment 1.4.0_01) -
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0001-0002-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Runtime
Environment 1.4.1_02) -
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object)
-
http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_games/popcap/...
O16 - DPF: {E9348280-2D74-4933-BE25-73D946926795} (DeviceEnum Class) -
http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn/install/hpbasicdet...
O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj
Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/sj/en/check/qdiagh.cab?322
O16 - DPF: {EF0DBA6F-43CE-4B26-9808-2AB38FA0DB29} (MSN Money Ticker) -
http://fdl.msn.com/public/investor/v13/ticker.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control
4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
O16 - DPF: {FEC3E5A3-50F7-4B0C-97D8-01CF69DFBFC7} (Measurement Service
Client) - http://ccon.madonion.com/global/msc.cab
O17 -
HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{33ADE650-5DF5-409B-AADE-1EA09EB3810E}:
NameServer = 64.65.128.6,66.213.224.2
O17 -
HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{824A9F86-FD77-4C65-910C-F10EAF319832}:
NameServer = 64.65.128.6,66.213.224.2
O17 -
HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D877B556-6FC7-47E2-94DA-4B2A193C1C1C}:
NameServer = 216.231.41.22,216.231.41.2
O17 -
HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D96BE51B-86B2-4B7B-9103-04C01CF341B2}:
Domain = aurafice
O17 -
HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{D96BE51B-86B2-4B7B-9103-04C01CF341B2}:
NameServer = 64.65.128.6,66.213.224.2
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online,
Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec
Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec
Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec
Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega Activity Disk2 - Iomega Corporation -
C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\ActivityDisk.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega App Services - Iomega Corporation -
C:\PROGRA~1\Iomega\System32\AppServices.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. -
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) -
Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton
AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) -
Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton
AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec
Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\NPROTECT.EXE
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton
SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec
Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec
Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation -
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Speed Disk service - Symantec Corporation -
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\SPEEDD~1\NOPDB.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation -
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security
Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) -
America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Iomega Active Disk (_IOMEGA_ACTIVE_DISK_SERVICE_) -
Iomega Corporation - C:\Program Files\Iomega\AutoDisk\ADService.exe
July 7, 2005 11:41:59 PM

Well I still can't delete the registry entry, and Adaware finds it but
can't delete it. I don't understand how Admin can't delete it, like
Admin does not have control of everything.

pcbutts1 wrote:
> [...]
> O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object)
> -
> http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_games/popcap/...
> O16 - DPF: {E9348280-2D74-4933-BE25-73D946926795} (DeviceEnum Class) -
> http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn/install/hpbasicdet...
> O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj
> Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/sj/en/check/qdiagh.cab?322
> O16 - DPF: {EF0DBA6F-43CE-4B26-9808-2AB38FA0DB29} (MSN Money Ticker) -
> http://fdl.msn.com/public/investor/v13/ticker.cab
> O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control
> 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
> O16 - DPF: {FEC3E5A3-50F7-4B0C-97D8-01CF69DFBFC7} (Measurement Service
> Client) - http://ccon.madonion.com/global/msc.cab

> <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
> > Well as controversial as it is, here is the log file:

July 7, 2005 11:57:14 PM

I don't quite undertand what all of this is so I don't want to just
start removing things, but there are a few more entried that look odd
to me, like Game Loader, and File Planet. Should I maybe try those next?
July 8, 2005 12:46:25 AM

Yeah, it won't let me change permissions. Strange.
July 8, 2005 1:08:24 AM

I'm not sure what that is I guess. Is that another program?
July 8, 2005 1:59:35 AM

Hey, that did it! That registry editor was able to delete it. Now the
whole thing is gone from my system. thanks!
Anonymous
July 8, 2005 6:02:08 AM

> [...]

O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object)
-
http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_games/popcap/...
O16 - DPF: {E9348280-2D74-4933-BE25-73D946926795} (DeviceEnum Class) -
http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn/install/hpbasicdet...
O16 - DPF: {EB387D2F-E27B-4D36-979E-847D1036C65D} (QDiagHUpdateObj
Class) - http://h30043.www3.hp.com/sj/en/check/qdiagh.cab?322
O16 - DPF: {EF0DBA6F-43CE-4B26-9808-2AB38FA0DB29} (MSN Money Ticker) -
http://fdl.msn.com/public/investor/v13/ticker.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control
4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
O16 - DPF: {FEC3E5A3-50F7-4B0C-97D8-01CF69DFBFC7} (Measurement Service
Client) - http://ccon.madonion.com/global/msc.cab

<gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
> Well as controversial as it is, here is the log file:

July 8, 2005 7:38:09 AM

DPF stands for Downloaded Program Files they are stored in a folder with the
same name on your hard drive. In that folder contains programs you
downloaded and installed from the Internet. Examples of programs include
Plug-ins (i.e. flash), ActiveX Controls and more. They are not needed. If
you delete them they will be re-download as needed when you visit those
sites again. Have you tried changing permissions on that reg key by right
clicking the folder or using regedt32 instead of regedit?

>I don't quite undertand what all of this is so I don't want to just
> start removing things, but there are a few more entried that look odd
> to me, like Game Loader, and File Planet. Should I maybe try those next?

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 7:58:43 AM

Try regedt32

> Yeah, it won't let me change permissions. Strange.

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 8:04:43 AM

Also try this reg editor program to delete it.
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/reglite.exe

<gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
> Yeah, it won't let me change permissions. Strange.

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 9:23:36 AM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141377

> I'm not sure what that is I guess. Is that another program?

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 9:23:48 AM

You're Welcome.

!