I just bought this Laptop tonight and I got it figured out. I did this per my unit Satellite Pro L850. If you have a better work around let me know.
To Install a different OS in Windows 8 models Satellite / Satellite Pro L850 Series Laptops:
(1) Shut down the system while pressing the SHIFT key to completely power off.
(2) Power on and press F2 while the TOSHIBA logo is displayed to enter the BIOS Setup Menu.
(3) Go to the Security tab and set the "Secure Boot" setting to "Disabled".
(4) Go to the Advanced tab, enter "System Configuration"and set the Boot Mode to "CSM Boot."
(5) Press F10 to save and exit.
(6) Boot from the DVD/CD-ROM/USB By Pressing the F12 Key (I tap it)
(7) BOOM! Your Done!
Tested The following Operating Systems VIA USB
Windows 7 32bit SP1
Windows 7 64bit SP1
Ubuntu 12.04 32/64bit
Christopher Fields / Lead Engineer / Owner